[News] Interview with the Linux Foundation's New CTO -- "Linux is Huge" (and Growing)

Linux Foundation CTO Markus Rex: Linux 'Now an Accepted Choice'

,----[ Quote ]
| Linux is huge, and there are new things coming up that you have to figure out
| what to do, whether it's concerning the standard or if it's a good thing for
| Linux moving forward. Somehow I have the feeling I will not be bored.
`----

http://www.technewsworld.com/story/6U6B8dL7OU52eJ/Linux-Foundation-CTO-Markus-Rex-Linux-Now-an-Accepted-Choice.xhtml

Linux is still moving up, up, up.

http://www.sutor.com/newsite/blog-open/?p=1767

Related:

Linux Foundation names new CTO

,----[ Quote ]
| Previous CTO Ian Murdock joined Sun Microsystems in March, and has been
| working on Project Indiana -- an objective to make Sun's OpenSolaris more
| like Linux.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/118212

Linux Foundation Fires Back at Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| We ask Microsoft to stop engaging in FUD campaigns that only serve
| to undermine confidence in the U.S. intellectual-property system.
| Instead, please work with us to make the patent system tighter,
| more reasonable, and efficient for everyone in the software
| business.
`----

http://www.businessweek.com/technology/content/may2007/tc20070525_325967.htm?chan=top+news_top+news+index_technology
http://tinyurl.com/3ya5lq