[News] "It is easy to see 21 of the top 36 hosters run GNU/Linux and only 6 run that other OS."

GNU/Linux on Servers

,----[ Quote ]
| I notice that in Netcraft’s latest report,
| sorted by OS, it is easy to see 21 of the
| top 36 hosters run GNU/Linux and only 6
| run that other OS. That says a lot about
| the cost and reliability of the OS.
`----

http://pogson.6k.ca/2010/03/04/gnulinux-on-servers/

Adventure with New Technology

,----[ Quote ]
| As a server the thing is limited to two
| drives easily and with a bit of work,
| perhaps four, two SATA and two PATA. As a
| desktop, the thing puts out a lot of heat.
| What were they thinking? As a server
| 64bitness wins big on throughput. As a
| terminal server 64bit could make better
| use of 4 gB RAM.
|
| I think 64bitness wins the discussion. XP
| should go. I don’t need one more XP
| machine to manage. For now, 512 MB means
| terminal service is out. Probably a GUI is
| out. I will make a file/backup/clonezilla
| server out of it. This CPU is overkill for
| that but the students and I could use it
| for building kernels or other applications
| just to say we did it. It could compile
| and serve fairly well. RAM is on the
| wishlist.
`----

http://pogson.6k.ca/2010/02/28/adventure-with-new-technology/

Related:

,----[ Quote ]
| work to do."
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/151568/ballmer_still_searching_for_an_answer_to_google.html

0
newsgroups3 (79677)

[News] Hadrons Running on GNU/Linux, "Linux is our OS of choice"

[News] "Ultimate Ultraportable" Might Run GNU/Linux

[News] Mainstream News Coverage About GNU/Linux at Schools, "Linux Against Poverty" Collects PCs

[News] GNU/Linux a Little Bit "Too" Easy

[News] NAS Runs Linux, Beagleboard Runs RISC OS

Web resources about - [News] "It is easy to see 21 of the top 36 hosters run GNU/Linux and only 6 run that other OS." - comp.os.linux.advocacy