[News] Kubuntu GNU/Linux 9.10 and Ubuntu GNU/Linux 9.10 Reviews

Kubuntu Linux 9.10

,----[ Quote ]
| I’m please to (mostly) give this release of
| Kubuntu a thumbs up. Yes, there were some
| things I didn’t like but overall I think
| this is a step up from the last release and
| it’s quite usable. I’d like to see a better
| software management tool but it is
| functional as it is (though it leaves much
| to be desired in some ways) and I don’t
| think it’s a show-stopper.
|
| Kubuntu can be used by beginners and more
| experienced users alike. However, beginners
| might want to opt for the KDE version of
| Linux Mint after it is updated to
| incorporate the latest version of Ubuntu
| (9.10). It’s not that Kubuntu isn’t worth
| using, it’s just that Linux Mint is a bit
| more elegant and includes additional
| software that makes using it easier and more
| comfortable right from the start.
|
| Still, I think that Kubuntu is worth a
| download and well worth considering if
| you’re a KDE fan.
`----

http://desktoplinuxreviews.com/2009/11/04/kubuntu-linux-9-10/

Ubuntu 9.10 review: Karmic Koala

,----[ Quote ]
| Nonetheless, there’s virtually nothing an
| Ubuntu desktop machine can’t do that a
| Windows one can, and it’s all for free. For
| that reason alone it makes a lot of sense to
| at least consider a roll-out or a
| feasibility study to assess the costs of
| staff retraining, should you decide to
| abandon the Microsoft ship.
`----

http://www.itpro.co.uk/617119/ubuntu-9-10-review-karmic-koala

Review: Ubuntu 9.10 first look

,----[ Quote ]
| As Linux matures, it's becoming more and
| more of an OS accessible to the average
| user. KK is another step in that direction.
| There are still a few foreign concepts for a
| Windows convert to absorb, but on the whole
| Ubuntu 9.10, Karmic Koala, is a package that
| won't be a horrible stretch for the novice,
| yet contains enhancements for the Linux guru
| as well.
`----

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/technology/review-ubuntu-910-first-look/article1348084/

Recent:

An overview of Ubuntu 9.10 variants

,----[ Quote ]
| The much-awaited Ubuntu 9.10 was released
| as scheduled last week. For the benefit of
| those readers who are new to the Linux
| world and who might be overwhelmed by the
| sheer number of available options, here is
| a brief recap of the official release line-
| up.
`----

http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20091102#feature

Kubuntu 9.10 – Karmic Koala

,----[ Quote ]
| I for this review I was running on an AMD
| 1.8ghz system with 512mb ram,  NVIDIA
| Driver Version 173.14.20 (on a GeForce Fx
| 5200) so its a pretty old system.  None the
| less it flew like an off the shelf modern
| PC.
`----

http://openbytes.wordpress.com/2009/10/30/kubuntu-9-10-karmic-koala/

Can the Karmic Koala Take on Win 7?

,----[ Quote ]
| The Karmic Koala is getting a warm
| reception among FOSS enthusiasts, but
| opinions are still strongly divided over
| whether this version of Ubuntu -- or
| indeed, any Linux desktop OS -- can win
| over mainstream computer users to any great
| extent.
`----

http://www.linuxinsider.com/story/Can-the-Karmic-Koala-Take-on-Win-7-68529.html?wlc=1257199773

New Ubuntu appliances from TurnKey

,----[ Quote ]
| TurnKey co-founder Liraz Siri has announced
| the availability of the 2009.10 release
| batch, which includes 40 new and updated
| appliances and support for Amazon EC2.
| TurnKey Linux is an open source project
| with the goal of developing a free virtual
| appliance library that, according to the
| developers, "features the very best server-
| oriented open source software".
`----

http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/New-Ubuntu-appliances-from-TurnKey-845908.html

Preview of Kubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

,----[ Quote ]
| The release of the newest version of Ubuntu is only
| 10 days away. Many sites, including MakeTechEasier
| have covered its pending arrival and given you a
| glimpse of the Beta version. Today we are going to
| take a look at Kubuntu, the KDE-based version of
| Ubuntu.
`----

http://maketecheasier.com/preview-of-kubuntu-karmic-koala/2009/10/19

A closer look at Kubuntu Karmic Koala and KDE 4.3.1

,----[ Quote ]
| Ubuntu Karmic Koala is still in Beta status, but
| looks very promising. To some extend it beats the
| Release Candidate of Microsoft Windows 7, especially
| in Wireless networking support.
|
| The big win of Karmic Koala are its even further
| improved speed, less resources hungriness and
| improved hardware support.
|
| I tested Microsoft Windows 7 RC1 (build 7100),
| Kubuntu GNU/Linux Karmic Koala Alpha 5 and Ubuntu
| GNU/Linux Karmic Koala Beta 1 last week and I'm
| afraid Windows 7 will (b)eat the dust.
`----

http://osgeex.blogspot.com/2009/10/closer-look-at-kubuntu-karmic-koala-and.html

5 things make Kubuntu 9.10 special

,----[ Quote ]
| Less than 13 days and Kubuntu 9.10 will be released.
| It is based on Ubuntu 9.10 packages which means it
| will get: Linux kernel 2.6.31, ext4 filesystem by
| default,GRUB 2 boot loader and a lot more.
`----

http://linuxcrunch.com/content/5-things-make-kubuntu-910-special

0
newsgroups3 (79677)

[News] Linux Critic Reviews Ubuntu GNU/Linux 9.10

[News] Short Reviews of Ubuntu 10.04, Ubuntu 10.10 Mockups, Benchmarks of Ubuntu GNU/Linux Versus Arch Linux

[News] Preview of Kubuntu GNU/Linux 9.10, Other Ubuntu News

[News] Review of Kubuntu GNU/Linux 9.10

[News] Ubuntu GNU/Linux 10.10; Ubuntu 10.04 LTS News

[News] Belated Review of Ubuntu GNU/Linux 9.10 Review

[News] Ubuntu GNU/Linux 9.10 Receives More Excellent Reviews

[News] Two New Reviews of Ubuntu GNU/Linux 9.10

[News] Variant of Ubuntu GNU/Linux Linux Mint 9 is Reviewed

[News] Kubuntu GNU/Linux 9.10 Works Very Well (Long Review)

[News] Ubuntu GNU/Linux 9.10 Receives More Fantastic Reviews (Even in Beta)
Ubuntu 9.10: First Impressions ,----[ Quote ] | One word sums up this Karmic Koala Ubuntu incarnation: | Super. `---- http://www.daniweb.com/news/story227894.html Ubuntu 9.10 Beta: A Review ,----[ Quote ] | Overall, I have to say that Ubuntu 9.10 looks like it will | be a great release. A few technologies in this release are | new, so it may give the system a rough edge. When the next | LTS release comes around (10.04), it will probably refine | those features to create the best release yet. I will | definitely be giving this system a test run when it is | released in 24 days! `-...

[News] Review of Ubuntu GNU/Linux 9.10, 8.04.4 LTS is Released

[News] Very Exciting Things Coming to Ubuntu GNU/Linux 9.10 (Karmic Koala) and 10.04 (Lucid Lynx)

[News] New Review of Ubuntu GNU/Linux 10.04, Comparison to Linux Mint

Web resources about - [News] Kubuntu GNU/Linux 9.10 and Ubuntu GNU/Linux 9.10 Reviews - comp.os.linux.advocacy

Kubuntu - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"Kubuntu" means "towards humanity" in Bemba , and is derived from ubuntu ("humanity"). The K at the beginning represents the KDE community on ...

Canonical ending support for Kubuntu, reassigning lead developer
Jonathan Riddell, the lead developer of the Kubuntu project, announced today that his work on the KDE-based Ubuntu variant will no longer be ...

Netrunner 17 'Horizon' is here download the Kubuntu-based Linux distro now
... update to its rolling release operating system . Based on Arch/Manjaro, I advised Linux beginners to steer clear, and instead opt for the Kubuntu-based ...

Canonical to end official Kubuntu support with 12.04, crushes your Plasma-powered dreams
... of the world's most popular Linux distro. Most, like Xubuntu and Edubuntu, are community efforts entirely maintained by volunteers. Now Kubuntu, ...

Kubuntu Linux Emerges From Ubuntu's Shadow
The KDE desktop variant of Ubuntu Linux gets its own commercial support as it begins life away from Canonical.

Jonathan Riddell quits Kubuntu project
Jonathan Riddell quits Kubuntu project

Ouster of Kubuntu founder leaves its future in doubt
A disagreement between the founder of Kubuntu and the Ubuntu Community Council has roiled the Linux community and left the project rudderless, ...

What's new in 6 Ubuntu 15.10 offshoot 'flavors,' from Kubuntu to Ubuntu GNOME
Ubuntu’s Unity desktop didn’t see many exciting improvements in Ubuntu 15.10 “Wily Werewolf,” but there’s much more to Ubuntu than that. Kubuntu, ...

Kubuntu Linux rolls out commercial support for business users
Kubuntu is the blessed union between the Ubuntu Linux distro and the KDE interface, an option favored by many computers users who represent a ...

Canonical ending support for Kubuntu, reassigning lead developer
Ryan Paul / Ars Technica : Canonical ending support for Kubuntu, reassigning lead developer — Jonathan Riddell, the lead developer of the Kubuntu ...