[News] Leopard Makes OS X 'Weaker' (Linux Becomes More Attractive)

Leopard is the New Vista, and It's Pissing Me Off

,----[ Quote ]
| Before Apple makes any more smug OS-related attacks on Microsoft, it ought to
| take a good look in the mirror.
`----

Related:

10.5.1 Fixes Numerous Leopard Flaws

,----[ Quote ]
| 10.5.1 also reportedly fixes problems in storing wireless network passwords
| and using Disk Utility, and it addresses five Mail flaws. A bug that resulted
| in "potential data loss issue when moving files across partitions in the
| Finder" has been corrected; this issue cropped up when using Command-drag to
| move, not copy, files in the Finder across local hard drives and mounted
| volumes.
`----

http://db.tidbits.com/article/9318

Massive Data Loss Bug in Leopard

,----[ Quote ]
| Aaaand … poof!
|
| The directory on our Desktop is now gone. The directory shown in the C$ mount
| will only contain files that were copied entirely before the connection was
| disrupted, but nothing more (in the demonstration case, there’s only one file
| in "test", so nothing was copied successfully).
|
| [...]
|
| Where’s the rest of our data?
|
| Apple, please FTFF already. This is unacceptable.
`----

http://tomkarpik.com/articles/massive-data-loss-bug-in-leopard/

Leopard early adopters suffer for the rest of us

,----[ Quote ]
| Mac OS X 10.5.1 will likely arrive around Thanksgiving with fixes for most of
| the problems encountered by the brave early adopters.
`----

http://www.news.com/8301-13579_3-9809571-37.html

Some Leopard upgraders see 'blue screen of death'

,----[ Quote ]
| A significant number of Mac owners upgrading to Leopard on Friday reported
| that after installing the new operating system, their machines locked up,
| showing only an interminable -- and very Windows-like -- "blue screen of
| death."
`----

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=printArticleBasic&articleId=9044378

New iMacs plagued by interface freezing issues

,----[ Quote ]
| A growing number of users have reported that Apple's aluminum all-in-one
| computers suffer from a flaw that locks up the interface, rendering the
| system all but inert until a reboot.
`----

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/07/10/03/new_imacs_plagued_by_interface_freezing_issues.html

Apple Arrogance Unleashed!

,----[ Quote ]
| But the only problem with Apple is that it has no gratitude. Or humility. Or
| generosity. Or manners.
|
| I'm a big fan of Apple products. But there's no escaping the fact that Apple
| has always been, well, arrogant. Which was fine -- their superiority complex
| has always been both partially deserved and one of the company's motivations
| to strive for better things. But in the past few months, the company seems to
| have crossed some kind of invisible line, now brazenly pissing off not just
| competitors, but its most devoted fans, closest partners and industry
| supporters.
`----

http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/cnews/article.php/3703216
0