[NEWS] Linux based routers *wormed* and the Linux desktop and servers are suppose to be secure? Not if humans beings created it and use it that Linux is secure -- noway.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/03/24/psyb0t_home_networking_worm/

<copied>

Vulnerable devices include any home router or modem that uses Linux
Mipsel, has an administration interface, sshd, or telnet in a DMZ, and
employs a weak password. Once the malware takes hold, it locks
legitimate users out of the device by blocking telnet, sshd, and web
access. It then makes the devices part of a botnet. The researchers said
they first learned of the worm while investigating DDoS attacks that hit
DroneBL's infrastructure two weeks ago.

<end copy>

Inspector Thumper wrote:

> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/03/24/psyb0t_home_networking_worm/
>
> <copied>
>
> Vulnerable devices include any home router or modem that uses Linux
> Mipsel, has an administration interface, sshd, or telnet in a DMZ, and
> employs a weak password. Once the malware takes hold, it locks
> legitimate users out of the device by blocking telnet, sshd, and web
> access. It then makes the devices part of a botnet. The researchers said
> they first learned of the worm while investigating DDoS attacks that hit
> DroneBL's infrastructure two weeks ago.
>
> <end copy>

How many times are you trolls going to repost this same story?

Cycle power on your router, change to better passwords, and the problem is
solved.

Too bad it isn't so easy to fix the millions of Windows PCs that are part of
botnets.
0
sermomalifer (1135)
3/31/2009 2:38:18 PM
On Tue, 31 Mar 2009 09:38:18 -0500, Sermo Malifer wrote:

> How many times are you trolls going to repost this same story?
>
> Cycle power on your router, change to better passwords, and the problem
> is solved.
>
> Too bad it isn't so easy to fix the millions of Windows PCs that are
> part of botnets.

"Windows -- the Swiss Cheese of Operating Systems"

--
RonB
"There's a story there...somewhere"
Sermo Malifer wrote:
> Inspector Thumper wrote:
>
>> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/03/24/psyb0t_home_networking_worm/
>>
>> <copied>
>>
>> Vulnerable devices include any home router or modem that uses Linux
>> Mipsel, has an administration interface, sshd, or telnet in a DMZ, and
>> employs a weak password. Once the malware takes hold, it locks
>> legitimate users out of the device by blocking telnet, sshd, and web
>> access. It then makes the devices part of a botnet. The researchers said
>> they first learned of the worm while investigating DDoS attacks that hit
>> DroneBL's infrastructure two weeks ago.
>>
>> <end copy>
>
> How many times are you trolls going to repost this same story?

You stupid idiot it will happen when that shit-hole rag takes it down.
And you ass-wipe, you control nothing but your BS life. You try to
control that pos.

> Cycle power on your router, change to better passwords, and the problem is
> solved.

Most home users are not even aware of it, and most of them just leave it
at the out of the box user-id and psw.

> Too bad it isn't so easy to fix the millions of Windows PCs that are part of
> botnets.

It's not my problem, but Linux is not free from botnets on routers or
computers.

On Wed, 01 Apr 2009 09:40:29 -0400, Inspector Thumper wrote:

> Sermo Malifer wrote:
>> Inspector Thumper wrote:
>>
>>> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/03/24/psyb0t_home_networking_worm/
>>>
>>> <copied>
>>>
>>> Vulnerable devices include any home router or modem that uses Linux
>>> Mipsel, has an administration interface, sshd, or telnet in a DMZ, and
>>> employs a weak password. Once the malware takes hold, it locks
>>> legitimate users out of the device by blocking telnet, sshd, and web
>>> access. It then makes the devices part of a botnet. The researchers
>>> said they first learned of the worm while investigating DDoS attacks
>>> that hit DroneBL's infrastructure two weeks ago.
>>>
>>> <end copy>
>>
>> How many times are you trolls going to repost this same story?
>
> You stupid idiot it will happen when that shit-hole rag takes it down.
> And you ass-wipe, you control nothing but your BS life. You try to
> control that pos.

Was that rant supposed to impress somebody?   You only succeeded in
degrading yourself.

>> Cycle power on your router, change to better passwords, and the problem
>> is solved.
>
> Most home users are not even aware of it, and most of them just leave it
> at the out of the box user-id and psw.
>>
>> Too bad it isn't so easy to fix the millions of Windows PCs that are
>> part of botnets.
>
> It's not my problem,

Sure it is!   Even if you don't use Windows yourself, enough businesses
and government agencies use Windows to make it everybody's problem!

> but Linux is not free from botnets on routers or

Properly set up Linux routers can not be taken over by a botnet.

> computers.

I defy you to find any example of Linux computers taken over by a botnet.
0
sermomalifer (1135)
4/6/2009 10:51:00 PM
Sermo Malifer stated in post gre10k$2d1$2@news.albasani.net on 4/6/09 3:51
PM:

>>> Too bad it isn't so easy to fix the millions of Windows PCs that are
>>> part of botnets.
>>
>> It's not my problem,
>
> Sure it is!   Even if you don't use Windows yourself, enough businesses
> and government agencies use Windows to make it everybody's problem!

It is not they he does not use Windows, it is that you cannot... and you are
ashamed that so many others can and do.  Heck, many nine year old girls use
Windows when you are completely incapable of doing so.

[Note: I am merely mocking your trolling... just so you and others know.]

--
[INSERT .SIG HERE]

0
CSMA2 (14734)