[News] [Linux] Grafpup 2.00 (Linux) Released, GNOME 2.18.2 Released

Grafpup 2.00 final released

,----[ Quote ]
| This release comes with some really bleeding edge features when
| compared with previous versions of Grafpup, such as a 2.6.20.2
| kernel, revamped package management with dependency resolution,
| Gimp-2.3.14, Cinepaint-0.22 with the cvs Ufraw plug-in, a brand
| new control panel, cdrkit replacing cdrtools, Openbox replacing
| IceWM, and a host of other changes.
`----

http://grafpup.org/news/?p=182

Screenshots: http://grafpup.org/news/?page_id=192

GNOME 2.18.2 released

,----[ Quote ]
| The latest release of GNOME is here: GNOME 2.18.2! This is the second
| release in a series of point releases for the 2.18 branch.
`----

http://lwn.net/Articles/236415/

KDE4's roadmap is now up as well:

Schedules/KDE4/4.0 Release Schedule

,----[ Quote ]
| All dates given here are subject to revision, but we will try our
| best to stick to them if possible. The KDE Release Team is acting
| as the coordinator for the 4.0 release.
`----

http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/KDE4/4.0_Release_Schedule

0
newsgroups3 (79677)

In article <2085764.vFtnBEzuQn@schestowitz.com>,
Roy Schestowitz  <newsgroups@schestowitz.com> wrote:
>Grafpup 2.00 final released
>
>,----[ Quote ]
>| This release comes with some really bleeding edge features when
>| compared with previous versions of Grafpup, such as a 2.6.20.2
>| kernel, revamped package management with dependency resolution,
>| Gimp-2.3.14, Cinepaint-0.22 with the cvs Ufraw plug-in, a brand
>| new control panel, cdrkit replacing cdrtools, Openbox replacing
>| IceWM, and a host of other changes.
>`----

Why do you believe that replacing a working program like cdrecord by
something worse, will make something "bleeding edge"?

If you like to compare, get a recent original from here:

ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/cdrecord/alpha/

You will not go back to cdrkit....

--
EMail:joerg@schily.isdn.cs.tu-berlin.de (home) J�rg Schilling D-13353 Berlin
      js@cs.tu-berlin.de		(uni)
Joerg Schilling wrote:

> In article <2085764.vFtnBEzuQn@schestowitz.com>,
> Roy Schestowitz  <newsgroups@schestowitz.com> wrote:
>>Grafpup 2.00 final released
>>
>>,----[ Quote ]
>>| This release comes with some really bleeding edge features when
>>| compared with previous versions of Grafpup, such as a 2.6.20.2
>>| kernel, revamped package management with dependency resolution,
>>| Gimp-2.3.14, Cinepaint-0.22 with the cvs Ufraw plug-in, a brand
>>| new control panel, cdrkit replacing cdrtools, Openbox replacing
>>| IceWM, and a host of other changes.
>>`----
>
> Why do you believe that replacing a working program like cdrecord by
> something worse, will make something "bleeding edge"?
>
> If you like to compare, get a recent original from here:
>
> ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/cdrecord/alpha/
>
> You will not go back to cdrkit....

Strange that a lot of people think different then, isn't it?

--
Another name for a Windows tutorial is crash course

0
Peter.Koehlmann (13228)
6/3/2007 1:37:45 PM
__/ [ Peter K�hlmann ] on Sunday 03 June 2007 14:37 \__

http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/debburn-devel/2006-September/000083.html

--
                ~~ Enjoying summertime

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Linux: does exactly what it says on the tin
http://Schestowitz.com  | Free as in Free Beer �  PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
Cpu(s):  22.9% user,   4.2% system,   0.6% nice,  72.4% idle
newsgroups3 (79677)
6/3/2007 2:17:39 PM
On Sun, 03 Jun 2007 04:21:00 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
<newsgroups@schestowitz.com> wrote:

>Grafpup 2.00 final released
>

>| This release comes with some really bleeding edge features when
>| compared with previous versions of Grafpup, such as a 2.6.20.2
>| kernel, revamped package management with dependency resolution,
>| Gimp-2.3.14, Cinepaint-0.22 with the cvs Ufraw plug-in, a brand
>| new control panel, cdrkit replacing cdrtools, Openbox replacing
>| IceWM, and a host of other changes.

Sounds good. Another example of the how Linux can be shaped to
address a specific requirement. In this case, graphics and
performance.

John Locke <johnlocke98513@comcast.net> writes:

> On Sun, 03 Jun 2007 04:21:00 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
> <newsgroups@schestowitz.com> wrote:
>
>>Grafpup 2.00 final released
>>

>>| This release comes with some really bleeding edge features when
>>| compared with previous versions of Grafpup, such as a 2.6.20.2
>>| kernel, revamped package management with dependency resolution,
>>| Gimp-2.3.14, Cinepaint-0.22 with the cvs Ufraw plug-in, a brand
>>| new control panel, cdrkit replacing cdrtools, Openbox replacing
>>| IceWM, and a host of other changes.
>
> Sounds good. Another example of the how Linux can be shaped to
> address a specific requirement. In this case, graphics and
> performance.

Can you name any distros where "performance" wouldn't be a nice to have?

What does it's dependency management do that is not done in synaptic or aptitude?

Which of the apps listed there are not installable on other Linux distros?

--
What part of "I don't know how may there will be the first weeks" was so
unclear and needs explanation? : Peter Köhlmann, COLA.
<hadronquark@gmail.com> wrote:

>John Locke <johnlocke98513@comcast.net> writes:
>
>> On Sun, 03 Jun 2007 04:21:00 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
>> <newsgroups@schestowitz.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Grafpup 2.00 final released

>> Sounds good. Another example of the how Linux can be shaped to
>> address a specific requirement. In this case, graphics and
>> performance.
>>

>Can you name any distros where "performance" wouldn't be a nice to have?
>
>What does it's dependency management do that is not done in synaptic or aptitude?
>
>Which of the apps listed there are not installable on other Linux distros?

Hadron...you're nit picking now. I was simply trying to illustrate how
some distros are being shaped to target specific areas. This
may very well be one of the Linux communities greatest strengths.
I just loaded GeexBox last night, makes a decent jukebox out
of your PC.  (That's just an example...NO I don't think juke boxes
are the wave of the future).

John Locke <johnlocke98513@comcast.net> writes:

> On Sun, 03 Jun 2007 17:25:47 +0200, Hadron Quark
> <hadronquark@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>John Locke <johnlocke98513@comcast.net> writes:

>>> Sounds good. Another example of the how Linux can be shaped to
>>> address a specific requirement. In this case, graphics and
>>> performance.
>>>

>>Can you name any distros where "performance" wouldn't be a nice to have?
>>
>>What does it's dependency management do that is not done in synaptic or aptitude?
>>
>>Which of the apps listed there are not installable on other Linux distros?
>
> Hadron...you're nit picking now. I was simply trying to illustrate how

I'm really not nit picking. I would like to know that this does that can
not be done by a better supported main stream distro.

> some distros are being shaped to target specific areas. This

So what? if they do something other distros can not possibly do then
fine. Otherwise dump the distro and just provide a "apt-get install"
script for the real distro ....

--
Membership dues are not refundable.
0