[News] [Linux] [H]ardOCP Tries a Mac, But Goes Back to Linux Dual-boot

30 Days with Mac OS X

,----[ Quote ]
| In my earlier evaluation of Ubuntu Linux, I wrote: "Linux has some
| glaring flaws, but it also has some amazing capabilities that can't
| be found anywhere else - at least without spending a lot of money."
|
| It would be accurate here to say: "Mac OS X has some amazing
| capabilities, but you spend a lot of money." Indeed, it seems
| the preferred method for solving Mac computer problems is to buy
| your way out of it. Slow computer? Buy a new one. Want to convert
| a file? Buy a utility. Want to do simple tasks? Buy a commercial
| program. Peripherals don't work? Buy replacements.
`----

http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MTM0OCwxMywsaGVudGh1c2lhc3Q=

His review of Vista must have given Microsoft some terror.
0
newsgroups3 (79677)

> His review of Vista must have given Microsoft some terror.

It was pretty brutal, nearly on a par with Kadaicha Man's, but without
the camels.

--
K.
http://slated.org

,----
| Vista | 3D Desktop | Cheap : Choose two.
`----

Fedora release 7 (Moonshine) on sky, running kernel 2.6.21-1.3194.fc7
 18:04:05 up  5:49,  1 user,  load average: 2.51, 3.05, 2.94
0
spam95 (5695)