[News] [Linux] Improved Linux SDIO stack; Linux-based Set-top Box Gets Opera

Linux SDIO stack targets high-throughput apps

,----[ Quote ]
| SDIO Nex uses an "entirely new" architecture designed for low
| processor utilization and maximum throughput, Arasan said.
`----

Linux-based "triple play" gateways gain web browser

,----[ Quote ]
| Tilgin (formerly i3 Micro) has added the Opera web browser to two
| of its Linux-based set-top boxes, Opera reports. Opera 9 for
| Devices will allow Tilgin customers to create user interfaces
| based on Web standards, in addition to letting end-users browse
| the Web on their TVs.
`----

newsgroups3 (79677)

Linux, Linux, Linux

[News] [Linux] PS3 Linux Gets a Boost with Improved Linux Distribution
Free simplified Linux distro for PS3 ,----[ Quote ] | Want to do more with your Playstation 3? HELIOS Software and Terra | Soft Solutions have made available for free download a modified | version of the Yellow Dog Linux (YDL) distribution. `---- http://www.tectonic.co.za/view.php?src=rss&id=1545 The press release seems exciting and it also contains a neat video: http://www.prweb.com/releases/linux/ps3/prweb529090.htm Related: PS3 Yellow Dog Linux Install Videos ,----[ Quote ] | Due to the demand on the PS3 forums I am making some install videos of | Yellow Dog Linux. Sorry about ...

[News] Netflix Chooses Linux for Its Set-top Box; More Linux-based Appliances Come

[News] [Linux] The Linux Foundation Improves Linux Printing
Linux Foundation Improves Printing Functionality in Linux With LSB Driver Development Kit ,----[ Quote ] | "The LSB DDK is a direct result of our workgroup efforts and will | make it easier to create distribution-independent printer driver | packages," said Till Kamppeter, OpenPrinting.org manager, The | Linux Foundation. `---- http://new.marketwire.com/2.0/rel.jsp?id=741867&sourceType=1 Related: Real-time Linux simulates toner motion for printer design ,----[ Quote ] | Concurrent reports that its commercial, real-time Linux | implementation for multi-processor AMD Opter...

[News] New Set-top Box Runs Linux, "Linux will Be the Major OS [in This Area]"
Device Profile: SysMaster M10 set-top box ,----[ Quote ] | SysMaster used embedded Linux to build a set-top box with a dizzying array | of audio, video, networking, communications, and data capabilities. The | Tornado M10 Digital Media Center runs Linux 2.6.19, and targets phone and | IP network operators wishing to offer a wide range of services. | | [....] | | Yosifov predicts a bright future for Linux in the embedded device market. | "We believe Linux will be the major OS used in embedded system development | because of its small footprint, reliability, power, and available sof...

Linux!! Linux!!
From http://groups.google.ca/group/comp.os.linux.misc/about This month 16 t...@invalid.invalid 15 ahlstr...@launchmodem.com 14 goldee_loxnbag...@gmail.com 10 jhas...@newsguy.com 9 mil...@yoyo.org 9 hel...@deepsoft.com 9 hadronqu...@gmail.com 8 ronb02nos...@gmail.com 7 secret...@lxny.org 7 ignoramus8...@nospam.8345.invalid All time 5421 p...@oboe.it.uc3m.es 4508 michael+use...@www.heiming.de 3530 j...@dhh.gt.org 3066 hel...@deepsoft.com 2991 nike_jordan_...@yahoo.com.cn 2651 jdbe...@exit109.com 2474 gra...@visi.com 2216 nikejordangoo...@hotmail.com 1890 rkiesl...@mainmatter.com 1869 unruh-s...@physics.ubc.ca FRom http://groups.google.ca/group/comp.os.linux.setup/about Top posters This month 35 art...@sj.speakeasy.net 25 t...@invalid.invalid 21 a...@zimage.comant 15 Nico Kadel-Garcia 13 n...@youmustbejoking.demon.cu.invalid 8 dwhodg...@nomail.afraid.org 8 jhas...@newsguy.com 7 jul...@tampabay.rr.com 6 karthikbalagur...@gmail.com 5 Doug Freyburger All time 2999 p...@oboe.it.uc3m.es 1752 nka...@comcast.net 1510 scare.c...@oz.land 1458 michael+use...@www.heiming.de 1262 mjtob...@removethis_consultant.com 1132 nka...@bellatlantic.net 1128 kim...@lightlink.com 1106 nos...@nosite.zzz 1047 effla...@xnet.com 1007 m...@scrum.muc.de -- Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nl2k.ab.ca Ici doctor@nl2k.ab.ca God, Queen and country! Never Satan President Republic! Beware AntiChrist rising! http://twitter.com/rootnl2k http://www.faceboo...

My Linux is not your Linux

Why linux is linux

I have Linux! I have Linux!

[News] Review of the Linux-based iRex, Linux CTO Recommends Linux-based EBook Readers

[News] Set-Top Box with Linux Opens to Hacking, New Linux Server for Cars

[News] Linux Music-playing Device Gets Wi-Fi; Linux-based Simulation Improved

[News] Linux, Linux, Linux at Acer (Phones and Tablets)

[News] Everything in Mobile Devices is Linux, Linux, Linux....
Better Than Kindle? ,----[ Quote ] | While I'm thinking about all the things I'd do with it, this is what comes to | my mind: this thing cost around $400. There are few other devices that cost | that much these days: | | * Nokia N810 | * Asus eeePC 701 | * OLPC `---- http://justanystuff.blogspot.com/2007/12/better-than-kindle.html Here's a good early look at Android: Hands on with Android: XML Parsing ,----[ Quote ] | Here is an XML parser that I created to showcase Android’s UI. It retrieves | NBA, MLB and NFL scores off of my web server. The true beauty is ...

[News] [Linux] New Versions of Engarde Secure Linux, Core Linux, OpenTLE (Thai Linux)
EnGarde Secure Linux 3.0.14 Released ,----[ Quote ] | A fully functional secure Linux platform distribution, this release | features a vastly improved intrusion detection Attack Monitor. `---- http://www.linuxlookup.com/2007/may/04/engarde_secure_linux_3_0_14_released Core GNU/Linux 2.0 Released! ,----[ Quote ] | Core contains nothing beyond what is required to perform these tasks. | Core is primarily designed for experienced Linux users, though it has | found an audience with those looking to learn about the internals | and operation of a Linux system. `---- http://www.coredistro.org/news-20070501 http://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=linuxtle ...

[News] Embedded Digest: Set Top Box, Embedded Computer Runs Linux, Linux Gains AoE Net-boot
Compact embedded computers run Linux on Pentium ,----[ Quote ] | Acrosser has added three new models to its line of compact, | low-power, industrial computers. The AR-ES0831 series supports Linux, | and is aimed at space-constrained applications such as kiosks, | environmental monitoring, and medical instruments, according to the | company. `---- http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS8711117856.html Linux gains AoE net-boot ,----[ Quote ] | "Etherboot is the defacto standard for network booting on the Linux | platform. By extending the capabilities of Etherboot to AoE-bas...

[News] [Linux] More Speculations About a Google OS Based on GNU/Linux
Google admits that it is going after Microsoft Office... Is Windows next? ,----[ Quote ] | So that brings us to the obvious question: What about the operating | system? There have been rumors for years about a Google PC and/or | Google OS that was based on Linux and aimed at providing a simple, | intuitive desktop for the masses. Naturally, that Google PC would | primarily be an Internet terminal that features Google's online | applications. `---- http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/hiner/?p=465 Still getting slapped for spyware (Dell) and news aggregators... Google stands firm behind N...

[News] Linux-based Nokia Tablet Gets a High Score, Another Linux PDA Gets Better
Nokia impresses with latest Internet Tablet ,----[ Quote ] | What it is: This is a very small, thin and portable handheld device with a | large color touchscreen (800 by 480 pixels) and the ability to perform Web | browsing, play multimedia (music, photos and videos), read e-mails and access | other applications (games, calculator, etc.). | | [...] | | Grade: 4 stars (out of five) `---- http://www.networkworld.com/columnists/2007/110707-cool-tools.html Linux IM pad beefs up, invites hacking ,----[ Quote ] | Zipit Wireless has updated its Linux-based, WiFi-connected instant messagin...

[News] [Linux] Storage Appliance Uses Linux and Wins Praises; Newer Linux-based TV is Coming
Backups again - Bacula ,----[ Quote ] | Just a quick note to mention how impressed I have been with my current | backup solution, Bacula (using an Overland Neo2000 tape library, which | also does the job nicely). `---- http://www.oreillynet.com/linux/blog/2007/05/backups_again_bacula.html Mythbuntu 7.04 Public Alpha 1 ,----[ Quote ] | After lots of hard work the past month, the Mythbuntu team is | proud to present our first publicly announced Alpha. `---- http://www.mythbuntu.org/node/10 ...

[News] [Linux] DEFCON Linux Released, Ubuntu Linux Among Top 20 Products at PC World
DEFCON Linux released! ,----[ Quote | Good news to all Linux users as we announce the release of | DEFCON Linux today! `---- http://forums.introversion.co.uk/introversion/viewtopic.php?t=738 Ubuntu made #16 in "Top 100 Products" at PC World. http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,131935-page,13/article.html On May 23, 5:16 am, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@schestowitz.com> wrote: > DEFCON Linux released! > > ,----[ Quote > | Good news to all Linux users as we announce the release of > | DEFCON Linux today! > `---- > > http://forums.introversion.co.uk/intr...

[News] Another Company (6WIND) Raves About Linux, Linux, Linux...

[News] [Linux] Linux Foundation and MontaVista Organise Linux Conferences
Linux Foundation Collaboration Summit ,----[ Quote ] | The first Linux Foundation Collaboration Summit takes place mid | June, featuring the fourth Desktop Architects Meeting, an LSB | face to face meeting and various council meetings. `---- http://liquidat.wordpress.com/2007/06/02/linux-foundation-collaboration-summit/ MontaVista Vision 2007 Embedded Linux Developers Conference... ,----[ Quote ] | Hosted by MontaVista, and including platinum sponsors | Freescale Semiconductor, IBM, Intel, and Texas Instruments, | the Vision 2007 event is expected to bring the latest tips, | technique...

[News] [Linux] Getting faster and Faster... Linux Launch Time Improved
OpenSuse plans to massively improve boot time ,----[ Quote ] | Like other distributions, OpenSuse has a group of people working at | a faster boot system. Atm there is no discussion about a new init | system but about improvements on all fronts: kernel, init scripts, | unnecessary system calls, etc. `---- http://liquidat.wordpress.com/2007/05/15/opensuse-plans-to-massively-improve-boot-time/ KDE tip - speed up KDE launch time ,----[ Quote ] | Here's a really simple but very effective tip for speeding up the time | it takes for KDE to start up. `---- http://fosswire.com/2007/05/15/kd...

Web resources about - [News] [Linux] Improved Linux SDIO stack; Linux-based Set-top Box Gets Opera - comp.os.linux.advocacy

Text-based internet on TI-Nspire Linux - YouTube
Challenge completed. Graphics based internet coming up soon. (I didn't demonstrate it here but there's also an SSH server running in the background ...

Start-up Threat Stack aims to protect Linux-based clouds from hackers
Start-up Threat Stack says it's making its hacker-detection for the cloud software available for controlled beta testing this week, with general ...

NSA releases Linux-based open source infosec tool
Aims to avoid duplication of effort for govt agencies.

Dell adds Pluribus, brings Linux-based OS to its data center switches
Dell has added Pluribus Networks to its lineup of disaggregation partners.

Project Magenta is Linux-based mobile OS that aims to replicate iOS on generic hardware
... details, here’s what little is known about this Open Source Magenta Project: Magenta is an implementation of Darwin/BSD on top of the Linux ...

First Look: OpenMoko’s Linux-based open smartphone platform - Ars Technica
OpenMoko aims to redefine the smartphone experience with its new Linux-based …

Nokia: Linux-Based Smart Phone Takes On The iPhone
... can take on the Apple (AAPL) iPhone? This morning, the company launched a new model called the N900 which is based on the company&#8217;s Linux-based ...

Netrunner 15 'Prometheus' is here the best KDE-based Linux distro gets better
... may seem a bit more familiar. Why? It more resembles the traditional "Windows" user interface. What makes Netrunner the best KDE-based Linux ...

Steam operating system: Linux-based SteamOS coming soon - BGR
Last week Valve quietly put up a teaser page for what many assumed would be the Steam Box console. Surprisingly, the page made it clear that ...

Linux Based Devices - Business Insider
We talked to Jim Zemlin, executive director of the Linux Foundation.