[News] Linux is Hot and It's Cool: Runs at -40 to =?UTF-8?B?ODDCsEM=?=

Korenix Unveils New JetBox5300-w Embedded Linux Computer with
- -40 to 80°C Operating Temperature

,----[ Quote ]
| Korenix is pleased to release the brand new
| performance-optimized JetBox 5300-w embedded
| Linux computer with -40 to 80°C wide operating
| temperature for front-end industrial control
| deployments. The RISC-based computer with low
| power consumption brings flexibility and
| reliability to the industrial networking market
| through its rich interface, featuring 2 LAN
| ports, 2 USB ports, 2 RS232/422/485 and 2 RS232
| serial ports. In addition, the compact JetBox
| 5300-w carries 4 DI & 4 DO channels allowing
| users to integrate alarms, indicators, and
| sensors into their complex networking system.
`----

http://www.newswiretoday.com/news/59196/

PrismTech Releases Software Defined Radio (SDR) Benchmarks for
Wind River Linux and VxWorks at MILCOM 2009

http://www.reuters.com/article/pressRelease/idUS114985+19-Oct-2009+BW20091019

Related:

Temp-resistant data terminal runs Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| German industrial computer manufacturer Solcon Systemtechnik has released a
| highly customizable industrial terminal PC that runs embedded Linux. The
| touchscreen-equipped Unidat 6.5-inch Terminal offers options including IP67
| protection against dust and water, and resistance to temperatures ranging
| from -22 to 158 degrees F.
`----

Mil-spec computer resists heat, runs Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Quantum3D has announced a rugged, battery-operable computer aimed at
| video-intensive military applications. The Thermite TVC 3.0 runs Linux,
| according to the company, and features Core 2 Solo or Duo processors and a
| variety of video capture and graphics options.
`----

Ultra-rugged laptop targets off-road apps

,----[ Quote ]
| Kontron in January will ship an "ultra-rugged" laptop aimed at
| "off-road" applications. The 13-pound NotePAC is based on an
| Intel Core Duo processor, runs Linux, and tolerates rain,
| blowing dirt, temperatures well below zero, and atmospherice
| xplosives, Kontron claims.
`----

Black Diamond Launches Rugged Ultra Mobile PC

,----[ Quote ]
| Black Diamond Advanced Technology (Black Diamond), a technology
| development firm specializing in the design and implementation of
| rugged electronic systems, today announced the launch of its flagship
| product the SwitchBack, a rugged UMPC (Ultra Mobile Personal Computer).
`----

http://www.linuxelectrons.com/News/Mobile/Black_Diamond_Launches_Rugged_Ultra_Mobile_PC

0
newsgroups3 (79677)

[News] Kernel Foundation's =?UTF-8?B?Ildl4oCZcmU=?= Linux" Content for This Year Announces Winners

[News] [Linux] Another Company Chooses Linux; Oracle's 'Linux Family' Extends Too
Columbitech Taps SUSE Linux Enterprise From Novell to Help Retailers Reach PCI Compliance and Safeguard Customer Data ,----[ Quote ] | This offering will give retailers PCI compliance by securing all | wireless devices and providing secure wireless access to the | back-end systems. `---- http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20070605005558&newsLang=en Momentum continues for Oracle ,----[ Quote ] | Oracle recently announced that momentum continues to build | around the Oracle Unbreakable Linux Support Program (which includes | supp...

[News] Mandriva Linux 2010.1, Now in RC1, Boosted by Victories in Paris Descartes University's UFR =?UTF-8?B?QmlvbcOpZGljYWxl?=

[News] Nokia's Smartest Phones and Google's Phones Run Linux and Grow

[News] Negroponte on $50 Linux Laptops, More Information About the New =?UTF-8?B?wqM5OQ==?= Linux Laptops
Negroponte: OLPC Machine Will Be $50 in 2011, Electronics Are "Obese" ,----[ Quote ] | "If you make anything electronic today, you know that eighteen months from | today, it will cost you half of what it does today," he said. "But if you | make (electronics), you have no interest in that product being half price in | eighteen months." | | So, as we all know, electronics manufacturers fatten up cell phones with | cameras and MP3 players, etc. Negroponte termed this problem, "a general | obesity in the electronics industry." He went on to say, &q...

[News] World's Smallest PC Runs GNU/Linux, Embedded Linux Portal Opened

[News] ASUS Sub-notebooks to Run GNU/Linux (Because "It's Better with Linux")

[News] Nokia's Linux-based N900 a "resounding success"; Dell's Linux Phone is Reviewed, Coming Soon

Linux chief: =?UTF-8?Q?=E2=80=98Open?= source is safer, and Linux is more secure than any other =?UTF-8?Q?OS=E2=80=99?=
http://venturebeat.com/2013/11/26/linux-chief-open-source-is-safer-and-linux-is-more-secure-than-any-other-os-exclusive/ We also learn about the much-alluded-to Linux backdoor. -- For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism. -- Harrison On Wed, 27 Nov 2013 09:20:16 -0500, Chris Ahlstrom wrote: > http://venturebeat.com/2013/11/26/linux-chief-open-source-is-safer-and-linux-is-more-secure-than-any-other-os-exclusive/ > > We also learn about the much-alluded-to Linux backdoor. And in other news, Bill Gates claims Windows is the bset operating system...... Duh..... Wonder what the "Linux Chief" thinks of Android security, or lack there of......... Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! -- flatfish+++ Thinking of trying Linux? Better Read This First: http://linuxfonts.narod.ru/why.linux.is.not.ready.for.the.desktop.current.html http://tinyurl.com/63qhmal PLEASE VISIT OUR HALL OF LINUX IDIOTS: http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/ what about openbsd? On Wed, 27 Nov 2013 07:17:33 -0800 (PST), visphatesjava@gmail.com wrote: > what about openbsd? Shhh.... You'll let the cat out the bag. Linux loons don't like discussing BSD. They don't like discussing Android security either. lol! -- flatfish+++ Thinking of trying Linux? Better Read This First: http://linuxfonts.narod.ru/why.linux.is.not.ready.for.the.desktop.current.html http://tinyurl.com/63qhmal PLEASE VISIT OUR HALL OF LIN...

[News] In E-Reader Arena, It's Just Linux vs Linux vs Linux

[News] Microsoft's 'Future' is Linux's Yesterday
Parallel Computing`s Already Here ,----[ Quote ] | Microsoft's Craig Mundie is right. Parallel computing is going to change | everything about computing, but his timing is off. Thanks to Linux, it's been | here for years. | | The future is today. | | [...] | | It's not just video though. Supercomputers are made up of MPP arrays of | hundred or even thousands of ordinary Intel or AMD chips running Linux. The | current top supercomputer, the IBM Blue Gene/L system at the Lawrence | Livermore Lab, can hit 478.2 teraflops (trillion calculations per second) | with its tens of thousands of PowerPC processors running Linux. Indeed, 85.2 | percent of the fastest 500 supercomputers in the world run Linux. | | Besides doing things that you won't notice in your day-to-day life, like | busting down the human genome into smaller and more comprehensive pieces and | getting weather prediction closer to a science than an educated guess, almost | every time you watch a movie with digital special effects you're seeing | Linux, multicore processors and parallel processing at work. | | Autodesk's Linux-based digital visual effect program Flame, for example, has | been used in movies from the children's movie "Charlotte's Web" to the | re-launch of James Bond in "Casino Royale" to swashbuckling in "Pirates of | the Caribbean: At World's End" and, of course, science fiction thrillers | like "Fan...

[News] [Linux] Great News for Linux in Britain's OEM Channel
WEEE directive threatens Microsoft OEM sales ,----[ Quote ] | There's a possibility Microsoft may well dump the OEM scheme and that | could prompt small firms that don't want to be WEEEing to install Linux | or even pirate OSes. `---- http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=40305 Related: Thad, in a post from yesterday... ,----[ Quote ] | Actually, this one is sort of true (or at least used to be). A while | back, MS sent letters to various VARs and OEMs warning them that | computers purchased with Linux were being purchased just so pirated | Windows could be instal...

[News] =?UTF-8?B?V29ybGTigJlz?= Smallest Desktop PC Runs GNU/Linux, Reviewed

Web resources about - [News] Linux is Hot and It's Cool: Runs at -40 to =?UTF-8?B?ODDCsEM=?= - comp.os.linux.advocacy