[News] [Linux] Linux Has Advantage in the Mobile OS World

How Linux morphed from a server to a mobile OS

,----[ Quote ]
| When evaluating Linux as a possible OS candidate, it is important to
| remember that the Linux "model" for mobile devices is horizontal. That
| is, Linux is not presented as a vertically integrated top to bottom
| solution for a mobile device supplied by one vendor.
|
| It's a sharp contrast to the other OS suppliers such as Microsoft
| with Windows Mobile, Symbian and PalmSource. These suppliers
| support a highly integrated software stack, incorporating not
| only an OS but also extensive middleware and application layer
| pieces. Arguably the price for such integration is lack of
| flexibility and loss of control.
`----

http://www.wirelessnetdesignline.com/howto/broadband/199600344;jsessionid=N1IAB5VKZRD0QQSNDLRCKH0CJUNN2JVN
http://tinyurl.com/2c3z7z

Microsoft taps mobiles for developing world

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft is facing fierce competition from Linux, however, most
| notably the One Laptop per Child project to ship low cost
| notebooks to schools in developing nations.
|
| Linux vendor Red Hat unveiled a Global Desktop last week
| targeting computers at small and medium sized businesses as
| well as governments in third world nations.
`----

http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/2189936/microsoft-taps-mobile-tech

Related:

70 percent of smartphones use Symbian

,----[ Quote ]
| At 3GSM it became clear that 70 percent of all smartphones use Symbian.
|
| Linux accounts for 16.9 percent of the smartphone market and only
| 4.6 percent uses Microsoft Windows Mobile.
`----

http://www.dvhardware.net/article17134.html

Linux expected to be leading Smartphone OS market by 2010

,----[ Quote ]
| I just came across this research by Diffusion Group, which found
| that Linux is set to become the leading Smartphone OS by 2010.
`----

http://irfanhabib.wordpress.com/2006/12/10/linux-to-take-over-smartphone-os-market-by-2010/
0
newsgroups3 (79677)

Web resources about - [News] [Linux] Linux Has Advantage in the Mobile OS World - comp.os.linux.advocacy

The Advantage (album) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

How PromoJam Will Help Its Users Take Advantage Of Facebook’s Relaxed Promotions Guidelines
Social marketing platform PromoJam rolled out the latest tool to take advantage of Facebook’s recently relaxed guidelines on promotions , Timeline ...

How can B2B companies take advantage of Facebook retargeting?
Facebook’s retargeting offerings, such as Custom Audiences and mobile app ads, have given a huge boost to the gaming and retail advertising sectors. ...

Card Advantage (@CardAdvantageCA) on Twitter

Google : What perks would you take advantage of if you had one last month at Google?
Answer (1 of 2): I can think of two. One that most people will think of as a perk, one that they won't (but should). 1. Use your massage coupons/credits. ...

Kids Math Advantage Lite Free - Grade School Addition Subtraction Multiplication Division Skills Games ...
Get Kids Math Advantage Lite Free - Grade School Addition Subtraction Multiplication Division Skills Games on the App Store. See screenshots ...

Raw vs JPEG: Real-world photography examples, advantages and disadvantages - YouTube
For more, like http://fb.com/NorthrupPhotography and SUBSCRIBE! Buy my #1 book with 6 HOURS of video: http://amzn.to/1dCRJWA Worldwide use 10% ...

Pakistan wins key EU tariff status, but can it take advantage?
Pakistan has been vindicated for its 10-year battle to secure a much better European Union status for its products. Now it needs to get its act ...

In Search of the Long-Term Archiving Solution —Tape Delivers Significant TCO Advantage over Disk - ARN ...
The source for IT industry news, views and analysis across the channel, business and technology

City perks with hometown advantage
Living in regional or rural Australia doesn't mean you have to miss out on the tertiary qualification you want.