[News] [Linux] New VoIP Telephone Runs Linux

Linux powers multimedia-enabled 4-line VoIP phone

,----[ Quote ]
| SysMaster used embedded Linux to create a four-line IP (Internet
| protocol) video phone with built-in PBX and audio/video
| playback capabilities.
`----

Related:

Mobile Phones VoIP services start-up uses Open-Source Technology

,----[ Quote ]
| Recently, I came across a start-up company offering VoIP services for
| mobile phones. Apparently, they have built the service using almost
| exclusively open-source technology, such as Asterisk PBX, Debian
| GNU/Linux and MySQL.
`----

A La Mobile CEO Pauline Alker Trumpets Mobile Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Because Linux is an open source technology, it is ideally suited to a
| market that does not want to be held captive by a single provider.
`----

newsgroups3 (79677)