[News] [Linux] 'Russian BSA' and Microsoft Make it Harder to Get Linux

Legality of Fedora in production environment

,----[ Quote ]
| Recently the appropriate laws in my country (Russia) have beens
| ignificantly toughened. Now the police can check for illegal softwareu
| sage by their own initiative (without request from the owner). The
| tax inspection demands that software should be registered at
| accounts departments.
|
| During such a checking, the user is obliged now to show all hardcopy
| license documents (with original signatures and stamps).
`----

http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2007-May/msg00697.html

A good reason to go open source at school

,----[ Quote ]
| This debacle over school computer software shows just how beholden
| the big institutions in society are to major software companies,
| and in particular - Microsoft.
`----

http://www.defiantrican.com/2007/05/30/a-good-reason-to-go-open-source-at-school/

Related: