[News] [Linux] Smart Money Talks About Linux Gains at Microsoft's Expense

Linux Stocks Are Riding the Open-Source Comeback

,----[ Quote ]
| Long seen as a thorn in Microsoft's side, Linux is an operating system
| that is based on the ideas of freedom and collaboration. It opens up its
| code so programmers can add or change applications to suit their needs. By
| doing so, open source offers a level of customization that proprietary
| software like Windows, which keeps its code locked up, never had.
`----

http://www.smartmoney.com/Techsmart/index.cfm?story=20070615&afl=yahoo

Sorry about the volume that's bound to come on a Saturday. I'll set the
mental threshold higher to keep the number of posts decent.
0
newsgroups3 (79677)

On 2007-06-16, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com> claimed:
> Linux Stocks Are Riding the Open-Source Comeback
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| Long seen as a thorn in Microsoft's side, Linux is an operating system
>| that is based on the ideas of freedom and collaboration. It opens up its
>| code so programmers can add or change applications to suit their needs. By
>| doing so, open source offers a level of customization that proprietary
>| software like Windows, which keeps its code locked up, never had.
> `----
>
> http://www.smartmoney.com/Techsmart/index.cfm?story=20070615&afl=yahoo
>
> Sorry about the volume that's bound to come on a Saturday. I'll set the
> mental threshold higher to keep the number of posts decent.

Sling 'em hard and heavy. Several of the Windummies have come up for
air while you were out. Time to push them back under for good.

--
No. I'm saying: We don't do a new version to fix bugs. We don't. Not
enough people would buy it.
> On 2007-06-16, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com> claimed:
>> Linux Stocks Are Riding the Open-Source Comeback
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| Long seen as a thorn in Microsoft's side, Linux is an operating system
>>| that is based on the ideas of freedom and collaboration. It opens up its
>>| code so programmers can add or change applications to suit their needs. By
>>| doing so, open source offers a level of customization that proprietary
>>| software like Windows, which keeps its code locked up, never had.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.smartmoney.com/Techsmart/index.cfm?story=20070615&afl=yahoo
>>
>> Sorry about the volume that's bound to come on a Saturday. I'll set the
>> mental threshold higher to keep the number of posts decent.
>
> Sling 'em hard and heavy. Several of the Windummies have come up for
> air while you were out. Time to push them back under for good.

Absolutely - keep up the good work.  Anyone who wishes can filter if
they require, there are plenty of good, free, newsreaders available
which can filter extremely well.  Only Windows Zealots would avoid them
on principle, anyone rational will just use them.

mark.kent (15323)