[News] [Linux] Supercomputer Center Chooses Linux; Linux PBX Deployed in More Places

Supercomputer Center Gets Super Storage Needs Met

,----[ Quote ]
| SDSC hosts a 4.4 teraflop IA 64 Linux cluster, 1.4 petabytes of
| online disk storage with more than 25 petabytes of archival
| storage, 220 terabytes of General Parallel File System mounted
| across the TeraGrid, and is connected to other national TeraGrid
| partners by a 20 Gbps cross-country backbone.
`----

http://www.enterpriseitplanet.com/storage/news/article.php/3680566

Aspect Software Successfully Deploys Asterisk and Aspect Unified IP at
Corporate Headquarters

,----[ Quote ]
| Aspect Software is also planning on expanding the deployment of
| Asterisk Business Edition to other offices in the near future.
`----

http://www.crm2day.com/news/crm/122511.php

Related:

Asterisk Fuels Speech Technologies

,----[ Quote ]
| It should be noted that Sphinx is an open-source speech recognition
| engine but as the execs at LumenVox tell me, they took Sphinx and
| added 30-35 years of development to make it commercial grade and
| easier to program with.
`----

http://opensourcepbx.tmcnet.com/topics/development-tools/articles/6826-asterisk-fuels-speech-technologies.htm

Digium preps Asterisk Linux distribution

,----[ Quote ]
| "We developed our own GUI [which is] similar to Trixbox [distribution],
| but the purpose of AsteriskNow is to provide a distribution built
| around Asterisk technology so people can use it without the GUI," he
| said. "The GUI is the same as the Asterisk Appliance that looks
| like a Linksys router that runs Asterisk and has analogue ports."
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php/id;1047335524;fp;2;fpid;1

Top 500 Supercomputer Sites - November 2006

,----[ Some stats ]
| Operating system Family: Linux
| Count: 376
| Share %: 75.20%
`----

http://top500.org/lists/2006/11
0
newsgroups3 (79677)

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Supercomputer Center Gets Super Storage Needs Met
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | SDSC hosts a 4.4 teraflop IA 64 Linux cluster, 1.4 petabytes of
> | online disk storage with more than 25 petabytes of archival
> | storage, 220 terabytes of General Parallel File System mounted
> | across the TeraGrid, and is connected to other national TeraGrid
> | partners by a 20 Gbps cross-country backbone.
> `----

Now... that's a WOW factor!

--

Jerry McBride
0

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Supercomputer Center Gets Super Storage Needs Met
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | SDSC hosts a 4.4 teraflop IA 64 Linux cluster, 1.4 petabytes of
>> | online disk storage with more than 25 petabytes of archival
>> | storage, 220 terabytes of General Parallel File System mounted
>> | across the TeraGrid, and is connected to other national TeraGrid
>> | partners by a 20 Gbps cross-country backbone.
>> `----
>
> Now... that's a WOW factor!

What do you do with your clusters, I wonder... unless you run some
datacentres...? I used to be using clusters to run experiments and they can
be as valuable as a single machine which is as capable as a distributed set.
Linux enables a lot of function.

--
                ~~ Best regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Free 3-D Reversi: http://othellomaster.com
Swap:  1036184k total,   770092k used,   266092k free,    35036k cached
newsgroups3 (79677)
6/2/2007 2:13:38 AM
In article <3262800.1VKoceFkA2@schestowitz.com>,
newsgroups@schestowitz.com says...
> Supercomputer Center Gets Super Storage Needs Met
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | SDSC hosts a 4.4 teraflop IA 64 Linux cluster, 1.4 petabytes of
> | online disk storage with more than 25 petabytes of archival
> | storage, 220 terabytes of General Parallel File System mounted
> | across the TeraGrid, and is connected to other national TeraGrid
> | partners by a 20 Gbps cross-country backbone.
> `----
>
> http://www.enterpriseitplanet.com/storage/news/article.php/3680566
>
> Aspect Software Successfully Deploys Asterisk and Aspect Unified IP at
> Corporate Headquarters
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Aspect Software is also planning on expanding the deployment of
> | Asterisk Business Edition to other offices in the near future.
> `----
>
> http://www.crm2day.com/news/crm/122511.php
>

> Related:
>
> Asterisk Fuels Speech Technologies
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | It should be noted that Sphinx is an open-source speech recognition
> | engine but as the execs at LumenVox tell me, they took Sphinx and
> | added 30-35 years of development to make it commercial grade and
> | easier to program with.
> `----
>
> http://opensourcepbx.tmcnet.com/topics/development-tools/articles/6826-asterisk-fuels-speech-technologies.htm
>

> Digium preps Asterisk Linux distribution
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | "We developed our own GUI [which is] similar to Trixbox [distribution],
> | but the purpose of AsteriskNow is to provide a distribution built
> | around Asterisk technology so people can use it without the GUI," he
> | said. "The GUI is the same as the Asterisk Appliance that looks
> | like a Linksys router that runs Asterisk and has analogue ports."
> `----
>
> http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php/id;1047335524;fp;2;fpid;1
>

> Top 500 Supercomputer Sites - November 2006
>
> ,----[ Some stats ]
> | Operating system Family: Linux
> | Count: 376
> | Share %: 75.20%
> `----
>
> http://top500.org/lists/2006/11

Won't be very long before all the scientists have dumped win for Linux.
Quality thinkers deserve quality software.

Can anyone even imagine deploying some environment saving technology on,
GAG, windows.??? Be like hanging oneself.

0
flyer1 (1157)