[News] [Linux] Symphony OS 2007 Based on Ubuntu, Another Linux Mint Beta Released

Symphony OS 2007 Preview

,----[ Quote ]
| Ubuntu 7.04 Base system
| Ubiquity Installer
| Google Gadgets as Desklets
| Continued performance improvements
`----

http://symphonyos.com/cms/?p=15

"Cassandra" - BETA 012

,----[ Quote ]
| This is the first beta release of Cassandra. The system is stable
| but some work is ongoing in mintinstall, mintmenu and in the artwork.
`----

http://www.linuxmint.com/20070508.html

SLAX 6.0.0 RC3 [screenshots]

Screenshots gallery

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=704&num=1

New version of Foresight Linux

http://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=foresight
0
newsgroups3 (79677)

[News] [Linux] New Symphony OS (Based on Ubuntu) Released, Source Mage Gets News Site
Symphony OS 2007.06 Released ,----[ Quote ] | The Symphony OS Project is pleased to announce the release of Symphony | OS 2007.06. This is our first release based fully on Ubuntu and though | many hoped for improvements have not yet made it into this release we | hope to speed up the release schedule over the next couple months to | help us settle into our new Ubuntu base system. `---- http://symphonyos.com/cms/?p=16 MagePower [New Site for the Source Mage Linux distribution] ,----[ Quote ] | Welcome to MagePower! This site will be devoted to Source Mage | GNU Linux. `---- http://ww...

[News] [Linux] Another Wireless Solution Uses Linux-based OS
Aerohive Courts Controller-less WiFi ,----[ Quote ] | One startup is trying to get rid of the controller to save customers | some important dollars. | | [...] | | Aerohive's cooperative control access point is called the HiveAP 20 | ag and runs HiveOS on top of standard hardware and a standard Linux | kernel. . Flynn explained that HiveOS is based on Linux, with | Aerohive sprinkling in some features for good measure. `---- http://www.internetnews.com/infra/article.php/3676391 ...

[News] [Linux] Another Stable Release of Linux, Another Linux Event in the UK
Stable Linux Kernel 2.6.21.4 Released ,----[ Quote ] | Chris Wright and the rest of the -stable team have announced a new | release of the stabilized Linux kernel. `---- http://pcburn.com/article.php?sid=2306 LUGRadio Live ,----[ Quote ] | 40 speakers, hundreds of people, exhibition, live LugRadio | recording -- be there! `---- http://www.lugradio.org/freedommarch/ ...

Linux, Linux, Linux

[News] [Linux] Ubuntu Linux Expands in Europe, Sidux (Debian) and Mint Linux (Ubuntu) Compared
Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter Issue43 ,----[ Quote ] | Swiss Team Approved | | The Swiss LoCo team provides support to members all official Swiss | languages and collaborates in translations into German, French, and | Italian. The team has thrown several release parties and install | fests and has appeared in a local IT newspaper. `---- https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuWeeklyNewsletter/Issue43 Sidux vs. Mint: Can You Live the Pure Open Source Life? ,----[ Quote ] | There are valid and compelling reasons why one might want to use only | Open Source Software. Avoids any patent or IP legal issu...

[News] Latest Linux Mint Release a Success, Pardus Linux 2007.3 Released
A Date with Daryna ,----[ Quote ] | I can honestly say that Daryna is yet another successful distribution release | of Mint. It is highly recommended for those who want a hassle-free Linux | distribution because of its exceptional hardware and software support, | ease-of-use, and ever growing online community that can provide some | technical assistance. I can also recommend Mint 4.0 to newbies as it can be | painlessly configured without even touching a CLI. As a final point, Daryna | undoubtedly maintained or even improved Mint’s natural elegance. `---- http://junauza.blogspot....

[News] [Linux] More Speculations About a Google OS Based on GNU/Linux
Google admits that it is going after Microsoft Office... Is Windows next? ,----[ Quote ] | So that brings us to the obvious question: What about the operating | system? There have been rumors for years about a Google PC and/or | Google OS that was based on Linux and aimed at providing a simple, | intuitive desktop for the masses. Naturally, that Google PC would | primarily be an Internet terminal that features Google's online | applications. `---- http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/hiner/?p=465 Still getting slapped for spyware (Dell) and news aggregators... Google stands firm behind N...

[News] [Linux] Another Review of Gentoo 2007.0, Mint Linux
Gentoo 2007.0 [Review] ,----[ Quote ] | Like most major distros, it's not that often that we see a new | release from the Gentoo team. In fact, it's twice a year, which | is still more often than few others. The difference with Gentoo | though, is that the new releases are not always awaiting much | anticipation, since the bulk of the updates can be had through | the system updater, Portage. `---- http://techgage.com/article/gentoo_20070 Another Printer Answer and Mint 3.0 Beta 012 ,----[ Quote ] | The first beta of Ubuntu 7.04 based Mint hits the torrents, | plus another solution ...

[News] New Releases of GNU/Linux: Salix OS, KahelOS, Berry Linux

[News] [Linux] DEFCON Linux Released, Ubuntu Linux Among Top 20 Products at PC World
DEFCON Linux released! ,----[ Quote | Good news to all Linux users as we announce the release of | DEFCON Linux today! `---- http://forums.introversion.co.uk/introversion/viewtopic.php?t=738 Ubuntu made #16 in "Top 100 Products" at PC World. http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,131935-page,13/article.html On May 23, 5:16 am, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@schestowitz.com> wrote: > DEFCON Linux released! > > ,----[ Quote > | Good news to all Linux users as we announce the release of > | DEFCON Linux today! > `---- > > http://forums.introversion.co.uk/intr...

[News] New GNU/Linux Releases: PC/OS 2009v2, Greenie Linux (Slovakia)

[News] Another Company (6WIND) Raves About Linux, Linux, Linux...

[News] Mobile Linux Runs Palm OS Applications; New 3G Linux Phones; Open Linux Phone Made More Attractive
Mobile Linux running Palm OS apps demoed ,----[ Quote ] | Access hopes ALP and its Eclipse-based Developer Suite will | provide a long-awaited forward migration path for the many | thousands of "Garnet OS" (recently renamed from "Palm OS") | applications developed throughout the decades since "Palm-Pilot" | first became a household word, in the 1980s. `---- http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS2968683379.html Linux powers pair of 3G dual-mode phones ,----[ Quote ] | MontaVista says its device-oriented Linux operating system was | used in two new 3G business sma...

Web resources about - [News] [Linux] Symphony OS 2007 Based on Ubuntu, Another Linux Mint Beta Released - comp.os.linux.advocacy

Symphony - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A symphony is an extended musical composition in Western classical music , generally scored for orchestra or concert band . A symphony usually ...

Adelaide Art Orchestra under conductor Susan Seiter plays Symphony of Pokémon at Festival Theatre ...
AS a devotee of Space Invaders back in the ’80s, your critic was well-prepared for Pokémon 10 years on at the urging of a determined young cousin. ...

Melbourne Symphony Orchestra review: Rare opportunity to hear Nordic notes
... the 150th anniversary of two late-romantic Scandinavian composers, Finland's Jean Sibelius and Denmark's Carl Nielson. MUSIC MELBOURNE SYMPHONY ...

Adelaide Art Orchestra under conductor Susan Seiter plays Symphony of Pokémon at Festival Theatre.
AS a devotee of Space Invaders back in the ’80s, your critic was well-prepared for Pok&eacute;mon 10 years on at the urging of a determined young ...

Melbourne Symphony Orchestra review: Kolja Blacher plays it straight
Old fashioned style met with a lush, at times energetic, approach. MUSIC BRAHMS AND TCHAIKOVSKY ★★★☆ Melbourne Symphony Orchestra Melbourne ...

Sydney Symphony Orchestra review: second violins get their moment in the sun
Sydney Symphony Orchestra's new program puts the string section in the spotlight.

Boston Symphony Orchestra goes modern with customized iPads
Younger audiences dont quite understand or jive with the old-fashioned concept of a night at the symphony. Usually, going to a symphony orchestra ...

Shostakovich's symphony played by a starving orchestra
An orchestra of starving musicians in Leningrad gave a historic performance of a wartime symphony composed by Dmitri Shostakovich and dedicated ...

Nadia Sirota (yMusic, ACME) hosting four-night residency at Symphony Space w/ Nico Muhly, Richard Reed ...
... violinist and founding member of ACME, yMusic, and the Wordless Music Orchestra, will be hosting a four-evening residency at NYC's Symphony ...

How video games are saving symphony orchestras
Certain symphony orchestra shows delighting new generation of fans, helping concert halls sell more tickets