[News] [Linux] The Linux Foundation Improves Linux Printing

Linux Foundation Improves Printing Functionality in Linux With LSB Driver
Development Kit

,----[ Quote ]
| "The LSB DDK is a direct result of our workgroup efforts and will
| make it easier to create distribution-independent printer driver
| packages," said Till Kamppeter, OpenPrinting.org manager, The
| Linux Foundation.
`----

http://new.marketwire.com/2.0/rel.jsp?id=741867&sourceType=1

Related:

Real-time Linux simulates toner motion for printer design

,----[ Quote ]
| Concurrent reports that its commercial, real-time Linux
| implementation for multi-processor AMD Opteron processors
| was selected by a Toshiba engineering team designing
| multi-function peripherals with built-in laser printers.
| Toshiba engineers will use the "RedHawk" real-time OS for
| time-critical simulation of toner particle motion, the
| vendor said.
`----

newsgroups3 (79677)

Linux, Linux, Linux

Why linux is linux

My Linux is not your Linux
To the denizens of comp.os.linux.advocacy! So many people demonstrate in this newsgroup that they know only a Linux of Hatred and Greed, of paranoia, and of a selfish sense of entitlement. They seem always to be behaving like monkeys in reaction to human dissenters, throwing feces at one another and beating their chests pretending to know something. My Linux is not that Linux. My Linux is the Linux of Love, of sharing, friendship, community. It is a uniquely human Linux and not one for monkeys. When I speak with fellow Linux users in real life (i.e. not in the monkeyhouse of COLA) they remin...

Linux!! Linux!!
From http://groups.google.ca/group/comp.os.linux.misc/about This month 16 t...@invalid.invalid 15 ahlstr...@launchmodem.com 14 goldee_loxnbag...@gmail.com 10 jhas...@newsguy.com 9 mil...@yoyo.org 9 hel...@deepsoft.com 9 hadronqu...@gmail.com 8 ronb02nos...@gmail.com 7 secret...@lxny.org 7 ignoramus8...@nospam.8345.invalid All time 5421 p...@oboe.it.uc3m.es 4508 michael+use...@www.heiming.de 3530 j...@dhh.gt.org 3066 hel...@deepsoft.com 2991 nike_jordan_...@yahoo.com.cn 2651 jdbe...@exit109.com 2474 gra...@visi.com 2216 nikejordangoo...@hotmail.com 1890 rkiesl...@mainmatte...

I have Linux! I have Linux!

[News] [Linux] Linux Foundation and MontaVista Organise Linux Conferences
Linux Foundation Collaboration Summit ,----[ Quote ] | The first Linux Foundation Collaboration Summit takes place mid | June, featuring the fourth Desktop Architects Meeting, an LSB | face to face meeting and various council meetings. `---- http://liquidat.wordpress.com/2007/06/02/linux-foundation-collaboration-summit/ MontaVista Vision 2007 Embedded Linux Developers Conference... ,----[ Quote ] | Hosted by MontaVista, and including platinum sponsors | Freescale Semiconductor, IBM, Intel, and Texas Instruments, | the Vision 2007 event is expected to bring the latest tips, | technique...

[News] Interviews: Linux Foundation Head on Linux Success; EnGarde Secure Linux Leader on Linux as Primary Solution
Q&A: Jim Zemlin touts the 'second phase' of Linux ,----[ Quote ] | The passion that Ubuntu generates is good for Red Hat and other vendors. We | need to keep our eye on that ball. Their success is ours. `---- http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9027838 The LXer Interview: Dave Wreski of EnGarde Secure Linux ,----[ Quote ] | Open source has slowly but surely shed its skin only as an "alternative" and | is now considered a primary solution. `---- http://lxer.com/module/newswire/view/89907/index.html ...

[News] [Linux] PS3 Linux Gets a Boost with Improved Linux Distribution
Free simplified Linux distro for PS3 ,----[ Quote ] | Want to do more with your Playstation 3? HELIOS Software and Terra | Soft Solutions have made available for free download a modified | version of the Yellow Dog Linux (YDL) distribution. `---- http://www.tectonic.co.za/view.php?src=rss&id=1545 The press release seems exciting and it also contains a neat video: http://www.prweb.com/releases/linux/ps3/prweb529090.htm Related: PS3 Yellow Dog Linux Install Videos ,----[ Quote ] | Due to the demand on the PS3 forums I am making some install videos of | Yellow Dog Linux. Sorry about ...

[News] Everything in Mobile Devices is Linux, Linux, Linux....
Better Than Kindle? ,----[ Quote ] | While I'm thinking about all the things I'd do with it, this is what comes to | my mind: this thing cost around $400. There are few other devices that cost | that much these days: | | * Nokia N810 | * Asus eeePC 701 | * OLPC `---- http://justanystuff.blogspot.com/2007/12/better-than-kindle.html Here's a good early look at Android: Hands on with Android: XML Parsing ,----[ Quote ] | Here is an XML parser that I created to showcase Android’s UI. It retrieves | NBA, MLB and NFL scores off of my web server. The true beauty is ...

[News] Linux.com Improves Under Linux Foundation Management

[News] Linux, Linux, Linux at Acer (Phones and Tablets)

[News] Linux Foundation to Extend Linux Lead in Printing
OpenPrinting/LinuxFoundation: "Hiring for Implementing PDF Printing Workflow" ,----[ Quote ] | Here is a recent announcement from the OpenPrinting workgroup, hosted by the | Linux Foundation. `---- http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/2978 Related: Linux Foundation Improves Printing Functionality in Linux With LSB Driver Development Kit ,----[ Quote ] | "The LSB DDK is a direct result of our workgroup efforts and will | make it easier to create distribution-independent printer driver | packages," said Till Kamppeter, OpenPrinting.org manager, The | Linux Foundation....

[News] [Linux] New Versions of Engarde Secure Linux, Core Linux, OpenTLE (Thai Linux)
EnGarde Secure Linux 3.0.14 Released ,----[ Quote ] | A fully functional secure Linux platform distribution, this release | features a vastly improved intrusion detection Attack Monitor. `---- http://www.linuxlookup.com/2007/may/04/engarde_secure_linux_3_0_14_released Core GNU/Linux 2.0 Released! ,----[ Quote ] | Core contains nothing beyond what is required to perform these tasks. | Core is primarily designed for experienced Linux users, though it has | found an audience with those looking to learn about the internals | and operation of a Linux system. `---- http://www.coredistro.org/ne...

[News] Linux Foundation Teaches the Public About GNU/Linux, Linux 2.6.34 Shaping up

Web resources about - [News] [Linux] The Linux Foundation Improves Linux Printing - comp.os.linux.advocacy

Ford Foundation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The foundation sold off its Ford holdings and now plays no role in the automobile company. For years, it was the largest and one of the two or ...

CBA’s result highlights its stable foundations
Amid renewed anxiety over risks in the global banking system, Commonwealth Bank appears well placed to weather a potential financial storm. ...

New York Yankees Manager Partners With Pediatric Brain Cancer Foundation
The Fly a Kite Foundation has released a new national ad campaign featuring Joe Girardi, manager of the New York Yankees. The ad, which features ...

Gates Foundation on Zika: Don't wait for an outbreak to invest in disease research
As researchers in Seattle and across the world study and work to contain the Zika virus, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation executives say the spread ...

This Week in Startups: Brock Pierce, Blockchain Capital Managing Partner & Bitcoin Foundation Chairman ...
... 618 of This Week in Startups , Jason sits down with Brock Pierce , Managing Partner at Blockchain Capital and Chairman of the Bitcoin Foundation ...

Node.js Foundation take jurisdiction of Express Web framework
The Node.js Foundation, which has jurisdiction over the popular server-side JavaScript platform, is adding the Express MVC Web framework for ...

Trump Blows Off Criticism Over Donations To Clinton Foundation
... groups and an article in Forbes Magazine criticizing him for the fact that over the years, he's given a lot more money to the Clinton Foundation ...

Donations To Trump’s Pro-Vet Website Go To His Personal Foundation, Which Gave Heavily To The Clintons ...
Donations To Trump’s Pro-Vet Website Go To His Personal Foundation, Which Gave Heavily To The Clintons

Did the Trump campaign break campaign laws by coordinating with Trump's nonprofit foundation?
... News debate that Trump boycotted over Megyn Kelly's perceived rudeness to his royal Trumpness. The problem is that the Donald J. Trump Foundation, ...

Emigre Artists Are Rewarded – To The Tune of $250K – By Vilcek Foundation
A small private foundation focusing on the contributions of artists and scientists who have moved to the U.S. from abroad announced today prizes ...