[News] [Linux] Walkthroughs of Sidux (Linux) and Nexenta OS

Nexenta OS Alpha 7 Screenshot Tour

,----[ Quote ]
| Nexenta OS (elatte) Alpha 7 is now available. Release Highlights:
| OpenSolaris & NWS build 61 (non-debug); installer - new
| partitioning wizard, installer log (via F3), usabilityf
| ixes, built-in driver availability detection...
`----

http://osdir.com/Article9845.phtml

sidux 2007-02 Preview 1 Screenshot Tour

,----[ Quote ]
| What's on the menu: Debian sid, up to date as of 2007-05-13; kernel
| 2.6.21.1 (SMP, voluntary preemption, mac80211); minimal, but fully
| functional KDE 3.5.6 (en + de); completely overhauled early boot
| sequence; largely adapted installer and graphical installer
| front-end; enhanced installer for meta tasks; new artwork;o
| ffline manual...
`----

http://osdir.com/Article9846.phtml

Related:

Sidux: A live CD for Debian unstable

,----[ Quote ]
| It's a rare distribution that impresses me before I've even tried it,
| but sidux did just that when, a few hours after I'd downloaded and
| burned a two-day-old preview release, the project announced that the
| next release was available for download.
`----

http://distrocenter.linux.com/distrocenter/07/02/28/1017239.shtml?tid=127

SIDUX 2007-01 Linux LiveCD

,----[ Quote ]
| Screenshots gallery
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=655&num=1

Testdriving Sidux 2007

,----[ Quote ]
| Sidux ships with a 2.6.20 kernel, Xorg 7.1.1, gcc 4.1.2, and KDE
| 3.5.5. Iceweasel 2.0.0.1 appears to be the default browser and
| OpenOffice.org is only at version 2.0.4. Besides what appears to
| be most of the KDE apps, other apps include The Gimp, Amarok,
| K3B, Kaffine, Scribus, XFMedia player, and Inkscape. There are a
| few system configuration tools, but not a lot. Ksensors is
| available through apt-get.
`----

http://www.tuxmachines.org/node/13870

sidux -- a new star in the Linux galaxy

,----[ Quote ]
| What's most impressive: the huge amount of user documentation
| their documentation and translation teams have managed to write
| up in the short amount of time (the sidux user manual is currently
| available in English as well as Danish, Kroatian, Spanish and
| German).
`----

http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/2691

sidux 2007-01 release

,----[ Quote ]
| sidux is a full featured Debian Sid based live CD with a special
| focus on hard disk installations, a clean upgrade path within
| Sid and additional hard- and software support.
`----

http://sidux.com/Article116.html
0
newsgroups3 (79677)

Linux, Linux, Linux

[News] Mobile Linux Runs Palm OS Applications; New 3G Linux Phones; Open Linux Phone Made More Attractive
Mobile Linux running Palm OS apps demoed ,----[ Quote ] | Access hopes ALP and its Eclipse-based Developer Suite will | provide a long-awaited forward migration path for the many | thousands of "Garnet OS" (recently renamed from "Palm OS") | applications developed throughout the decades since "Palm-Pilot" | first became a household word, in the 1980s. `---- http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS2968683379.html Linux powers pair of 3G dual-mode phones ,----[ Quote ] | MontaVista says its device-oriented Linux operating system was | used in two new 3G business sma...

[News] [Linux] Linux Has Advantage in the Mobile OS World
How Linux morphed from a server to a mobile OS ,----[ Quote ] | When evaluating Linux as a possible OS candidate, it is important to | remember that the Linux "model" for mobile devices is horizontal. That | is, Linux is not presented as a vertically integrated top to bottom | solution for a mobile device supplied by one vendor. | | It's a sharp contrast to the other OS suppliers such as Microsoft | with Windows Mobile, Symbian and PalmSource. These suppliers | support a highly integrated software stack, incorporating not | only an OS but also extensive middleware and applicati...

I have Linux! I have Linux!

Linux!! Linux!!
From http://groups.google.ca/group/comp.os.linux.misc/about This month 16 t...@invalid.invalid 15 ahlstr...@launchmodem.com 14 goldee_loxnbag...@gmail.com 10 jhas...@newsguy.com 9 mil...@yoyo.org 9 hel...@deepsoft.com 9 hadronqu...@gmail.com 8 ronb02nos...@gmail.com 7 secret...@lxny.org 7 ignoramus8...@nospam.8345.invalid All time 5421 p...@oboe.it.uc3m.es 4508 michael+use...@www.heiming.de 3530 j...@dhh.gt.org 3066 hel...@deepsoft.com 2991 nike_jordan_...@yahoo.com.cn 2651 jdbe...@exit109.com 2474 gra...@visi.com 2216 nikejordangoo...@hotmail.com 1890 rkiesl...@mainmatter.com 1869 unruh-s...@physics.ubc.ca FRom http://groups.google.ca/group/comp.os.linux.setup/about Top posters This month 35 art...@sj.speakeasy.net 25 t...@invalid.invalid 21 a...@zimage.comant 15 Nico Kadel-Garcia 13 n...@youmustbejoking.demon.cu.invalid 8 dwhodg...@nomail.afraid.org 8 jhas...@newsguy.com 7 jul...@tampabay.rr.com 6 karthikbalagur...@gmail.com 5 Doug Freyburger All time 2999 p...@oboe.it.uc3m.es 1752 nka...@comcast.net 1510 scare.c...@oz.land 1458 michael+use...@www.heiming.de 1262 mjtob...@removethis_consultant.com 1132 nka...@bellatlantic.net 1128 kim...@lightlink.com 1106 nos...@nosite.zzz 1047 effla...@xnet.com 1007 m...@scrum.muc.de -- Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nl2k.ab.ca Ici doctor@nl2k.ab.ca God, Queen and country! Never Satan President Republic! Beware AntiChrist rising! http://twitter.com/rootnl2k http://www.faceboo...

[News] [Linux] More Speculations About a Google OS Based on GNU/Linux
Google admits that it is going after Microsoft Office... Is Windows next? ,----[ Quote ] | So that brings us to the obvious question: What about the operating | system? There have been rumors for years about a Google PC and/or | Google OS that was based on Linux and aimed at providing a simple, | intuitive desktop for the masses. Naturally, that Google PC would | primarily be an Internet terminal that features Google's online | applications. `---- http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/hiner/?p=465 Still getting slapped for spyware (Dell) and news aggregators... Google stands firm behind N...

Why linux is linux

My Linux is not your Linux

[News] [Linux] Another Wireless Solution Uses Linux-based OS
Aerohive Courts Controller-less WiFi ,----[ Quote ] | One startup is trying to get rid of the controller to save customers | some important dollars. | | [...] | | Aerohive's cooperative control access point is called the HiveAP 20 | ag and runs HiveOS on top of standard hardware and a standard Linux | kernel. . Flynn explained that HiveOS is based on Linux, with | Aerohive sprinkling in some features for good measure. `---- http://www.internetnews.com/infra/article.php/3676391 ...

[News] [Linux] Man Chooses Linux Over Mac OS X, Windows
Which OS for Ruby on Rails development? ,----[ Quote ] | I've had experience using Linux servers (no GUIs), so I figured I | could always drop back to the command line if something broke and | I've had to once or twice during installations. But overall I have | been pleasantly surprised at how civil an experience it has been. `---- http://falkayn.blogspot.com/2007/05/which-os-for-ruby-on-rails-development.html ...

[News] [Linux] Ubuntu Linux Expands in Europe, Sidux (Debian) and Mint Linux (Ubuntu) Compared
Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter Issue43 ,----[ Quote ] | Swiss Team Approved | | The Swiss LoCo team provides support to members all official Swiss | languages and collaborates in translations into German, French, and | Italian. The team has thrown several release parties and install | fests and has appeared in a local IT newspaper. `---- https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuWeeklyNewsletter/Issue43 Sidux vs. Mint: Can You Live the Pure Open Source Life? ,----[ Quote ] | There are valid and compelling reasons why one might want to use only | Open Source Software. Avoids any patent or IP legal issu...

[News] RISC OS Alpha on Top of Linux; UNIX Loses Role to Linux
ROLF is a user space layer above the Linux Kernel, providing a superset of the RISC OS look and feel on Linux. ,----[ Quote ] | A first attempt at a Live CD has been uploaded here (169MB download, a | bzipped iso), the space has been kindly donated by Ned Abell. `---- http://stoppers.drobe.co.uk/ The future of Unix Part 1: IBRS' view ,----[ Quote ] | In these interviews, TechTarget ANZ's Ian Yates speak with analyst Kevin | McIsaac from IBRS, Sun Microsystems' Laurie Wong and IBM's Phil | MacLouchlainn. The hypothetical is the death of Unix at the hands of Linux. `---...

[News] [Linux] Linux Gets Prettier, Mac OS X Plays Catch-up
H-K Suite [EN] ,----[ Quote ] | Suite H-K is an union of skins, themes, icons, scripts and | configuration files which got the purpose to create an elegant, | linear Desktop. Differently from meny other dark themes, I tried | to avoid reading problems in most commons programs. Here are some | screenshot from version 0.1. `---- http://embracesblog.mine.nu/?page_id=5 Apple's latest catchup: [Apple's 'Beryl/XGL'] ,----[ Quote ] | With Mac OS X, you can multitask like never before. You can run | several applications at once and have multiple windows open at the | same ti...

[News] New Releases of GNU/Linux: Salix OS, KahelOS, Berry Linux

[News] Linux 2.6.32 in Review, "Linux is Not an OS"

[News] Linux Workshop Planned in Cambridge, VxWorks OS Lags Behind Linux

[News] Hadrons Running on GNU/Linux, "Linux is our OS of choice"

[News] [Linux] The Linux Foundation Improves Linux Printing
Linux Foundation Improves Printing Functionality in Linux With LSB Driver Development Kit ,----[ Quote ] | "The LSB DDK is a direct result of our workgroup efforts and will | make it easier to create distribution-independent printer driver | packages," said Till Kamppeter, OpenPrinting.org manager, The | Linux Foundation. `---- http://new.marketwire.com/2.0/rel.jsp?id=741867&sourceType=1 Related: Real-time Linux simulates toner motion for printer design ,----[ Quote ] | Concurrent reports that its commercial, real-time Linux | implementation for multi-processor AMD Opter...

[News] Everything in Mobile Devices is Linux, Linux, Linux....
Better Than Kindle? ,----[ Quote ] | While I'm thinking about all the things I'd do with it, this is what comes to | my mind: this thing cost around $400. There are few other devices that cost | that much these days: | | * Nokia N810 | * Asus eeePC 701 | * OLPC `---- http://justanystuff.blogspot.com/2007/12/better-than-kindle.html Here's a good early look at Android: Hands on with Android: XML Parsing ,----[ Quote ] | Here is an XML parser that I created to showcase Android’s UI. It retrieves | NBA, MLB and NFL scores off of my web server. The true beauty is ...

[News] Linux, Linux, Linux at Acer (Phones and Tablets)

[News] OS X 10.5 / Vista / Linux Comparison Reveals Linux Strength
Engadget Comparison (Mended) ,----[ Quote ] | After reading an article on Engadget comparing OS X 10.5 and Windows Vista, I | decided it would be interesting to compare GNU/Linux with them both. `---- http://fophillips.org/?p=24 Related: The Right Operating System for You ,----[ Quote ] | With its minimal hardware requirements and solid security, Linux can | serve as a bulletproof primary OS. And with painless dual-booting | and virtualization options, including several free and open-source | apps and the kernel-based Xen software, you can easily try out the | latest in Linux without ...

[News] Mac OS X-Like Dock for GNU/Linux Reviewed by Linux.com
KXDocker: More than a task manager ,----[ Quote ] | The basic idea behind Mac OS X's Dock is that when you need an | application, you click on its icon on an on-screen bar, and the | application is launched (if it has not been yet) or switched to | (if it has). Stefano Zingarini has borrowed this concept for | KXDocker, a KDE variation of OS X's Dock (which is also usable | with GNOME and other desktop environments). `---- http://applications.linux.com/article.pl?sid=06/12/28/1956207&from=rss Related: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VekgyKQoTeM&NR http://www.youtube.com/wa...

Web resources about - [News] [Linux] Walkthroughs of Sidux (Linux) and Nexenta OS - comp.os.linux.advocacy

Cognitive walkthrough - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The cognitive walkthrough method is a usability inspection method used to identify usability issues in interactive systems, focusing on how easy ...

Complete walkthrough of Facebook’s mobile Pages Manager app
Facebook recently released a standalone page management app for iOS devices which gives page owners better moderation tools and alerts about ...

Game Walkthroughs (@faq_walkthrough) on Twitter

All-in-1 Walkthrough for Cut the Rope on the App Store on iTunes
Get All-in-1 Walkthrough for Cut the Rope on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Captain Scarlett DLC Gameplay Walkthrough! Borderlands 2 - Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate's Booty ...
CAPTAIN SCARLETT AND HER PIRATE'S BOOTY is the first piece of Borderlands 2's campaign DLC, and it's out this week! We got a chance to sit down ...

‘The Simpsons Tapped Out’ Christmas 2015 update review: Quick walkthrough of Act One with new prizes ...
Christmas has arrived in “The Simpsons Tapped Out” and it brings a lot of gifts, prizes and surprises with the latest update.

Walkthrough: Apple Watch app reveals how you’ll pair your watch and iPhone, gets apps, and more
... Tagged: Apple watch , iOS 8.2 Continue reading more about iOS , Apple watch , and Apple Watch at 9to5Mac . What do you think? Discuss "Walkthrough: ...

How SharePoint Is An Underutilized E-Discovery Tool: A Pictorial Walkthrough
According to tech columnist Jeff Bennion, Sharepoint is a handy tool for smaller cases where you need advanced sorting tools but don't want to ...

Here's a quick video walkthrough of the Android M Developer Preview
... Preview and take a look at what might be coming this fall. Since not everyone is able to do this, we've put together a quick video walkthrough ...

New Apple TV unboxing video and walkthrough shows an incredibly polished UI
A new Apple TV unboxing video from 9to5Mac provides us with an even closer look at what Apple's upcoming set top box will deliver, both from ...