[News] Linux Workshop Planned in Cambridge, VxWorks OS Lags Behind Linux

0
newsgroups3 (79677)

[News] [Linux] Linux Has Advantage in the Mobile OS World
How Linux morphed from a server to a mobile OS ,----[ Quote ] | When evaluating Linux as a possible OS candidate, it is important to | remember that the Linux "model" for mobile devices is horizontal. That | is, Linux is not presented as a vertically integrated top to bottom | solution for a mobile device supplied by one vendor. | | It's a sharp contrast to the other OS suppliers such as Microsoft | with Windows Mobile, Symbian and PalmSource. These suppliers | support a highly integrated software stack, incorporating not | only an OS but also extensive middleware and application layer | pieces. Arguably the price for such integration is lack of | flexibility and loss of control. `---- http://www.wirelessnetdesignline.com/howto/broadband/199600344;jsessionid=N1IAB5VKZRD0QQSNDLRCKH0CJUNN2JVN http://tinyurl.com/2c3z7z Microsoft taps mobiles for developing world ,----[ Quote ] | Microsoft is facing fierce competition from Linux, however, most | notably the One Laptop per Child project to ship low cost | notebooks to schools in developing nations. | | Linux vendor Red Hat unveiled a Global Desktop last week | targeting computers at small and medium sized businesses as | well as governments in third world nations. `---- http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/2189936/microsoft-taps-mobile-tech Related: 70 percent of smartphones use Symbian ,----[ Quote ] | At 3GSM it became clear that 70 percent of all smartphones use Symbian. | | Linux accounts for 16.9 perc...

I have Linux! I have Linux!

My Linux is not your Linux

[News] [Linux] More Speculations About a Google OS Based on GNU/Linux
Google admits that it is going after Microsoft Office... Is Windows next? ,----[ Quote ] | So that brings us to the obvious question: What about the operating | system? There have been rumors for years about a Google PC and/or | Google OS that was based on Linux and aimed at providing a simple, | intuitive desktop for the masses. Naturally, that Google PC would | primarily be an Internet terminal that features Google's online | applications. `---- http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/hiner/?p=465 Still getting slapped for spyware (Dell) and news aggregators... Google stands firm behind N...

Why linux is linux

[News] [Linux] Man Chooses Linux Over Mac OS X, Windows
Which OS for Ruby on Rails development? ,----[ Quote ] | I've had experience using Linux servers (no GUIs), so I figured I | could always drop back to the command line if something broke and | I've had to once or twice during installations. But overall I have | been pleasantly surprised at how civil an experience it has been. `---- http://falkayn.blogspot.com/2007/05/which-os-for-ruby-on-rails-development.html ...

[News] Tens of Millions of Linux Instances Discussed at Linux Expo, Texas Linux Fest Planned

[News] Linux 2.6.32 in Review, "Linux is Not an OS"

[News] New Releases of GNU/Linux: Salix OS, KahelOS, Berry Linux

[News] Hadrons Running on GNU/Linux, "Linux is our OS of choice"

[News] Linux, Linux, Linux at Acer (Phones and Tablets)

[News] Mac OS X-Like Dock for GNU/Linux Reviewed by Linux.com
KXDocker: More than a task manager ,----[ Quote ] | The basic idea behind Mac OS X's Dock is that when you need an | application, you click on its icon on an on-screen bar, and the | application is launched (if it has not been yet) or switched to | (if it has). Stefano Zingarini has borrowed this concept for | KXDocker, a KDE variation of OS X's Dock (which is also usable | with GNOME and other desktop environments). `---- http://applications.linux.com/article.pl?sid=06/12/28/1956207&from=rss Related: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VekgyKQoTeM&NR http://www.youtube.com/wa...

[News] New GNU/Linux Releases: PC/OS 2009v2, Greenie Linux (Slovakia)

[News] Conferences/Expos About Linux Summarised, Arrive: RT Linux Workshop, 2009 Linux Day, SCALE 8x

[News] Google Targets GNU/Linux With Chrome 5.0, Chrome OS (Linux) Overview

[News] [Linux] IBM Brings Linux to AIX and i5/OS Machines Using New Software
IBM Previews Virtualization Management Tool for Power-Based Boxes ,----[ Quote ] | ...Virtual Availability Manager, within the Systems Director | Virtualization Manager tool will allow customers who deploy a Xen | hypervisor on their Linux-on-X64 servers to create what IBM is | calling a "high availability farm" that can be used to rehost | virtual machine partitions that are taken out by crashes. `---- http://www.itjungle.com/tfh/tfh062507-story07.html On Jun 25, 11:06 am, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@schestowitz.com> wrote: > IBM Previews Virtualization Management To...

[News] A Look at New GNU/Linux Distro (Qubes) and Review of YlmF GNU/Linux OS

[News] A Look at GNU/Linux Distributions Igelle 1.0.0, Zenwalk Linux, Salix OS, and GoblinX

[News] New Set-top Box Runs Linux, "Linux will Be the Major OS [in This Area]"
Device Profile: SysMaster M10 set-top box ,----[ Quote ] | SysMaster used embedded Linux to build a set-top box with a dizzying array | of audio, video, networking, communications, and data capabilities. The | Tornado M10 Digital Media Center runs Linux 2.6.19, and targets phone and | IP network operators wishing to offer a wide range of services. | | [....] | | Yosifov predicts a bright future for Linux in the embedded device market. | "We believe Linux will be the major OS used in embedded system development | because of its small footprint, reliability, power, and available sof...

[News] [Linux] Linux Foundation and MontaVista Organise Linux Conferences
Linux Foundation Collaboration Summit ,----[ Quote ] | The first Linux Foundation Collaboration Summit takes place mid | June, featuring the fourth Desktop Architects Meeting, an LSB | face to face meeting and various council meetings. `---- http://liquidat.wordpress.com/2007/06/02/linux-foundation-collaboration-summit/ MontaVista Vision 2007 Embedded Linux Developers Conference... ,----[ Quote ] | Hosted by MontaVista, and including platinum sponsors | Freescale Semiconductor, IBM, Intel, and Texas Instruments, | the Vision 2007 event is expected to bring the latest tips, | technique...

[News] Another Company (6WIND) Raves About Linux, Linux, Linux...

Web resources about - [News] Linux Workshop Planned in Cambridge, VxWorks OS Lags Behind Linux - comp.os.linux.advocacy

Cambridge - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the city in Great Britain. For the US city, see Cambridge, Massachusetts . For other uses, see Cambridge (disambiguation) ...

Cambridge - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the city in Great Britain. For the US city, see Cambridge, Massachusetts . For other uses, see Cambridge (disambiguation) ...

Cambridge - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the city in Great Britain. For the US city, see Cambridge, Massachusetts . For other uses, see Cambridge (disambiguation) ...

Town of Cambridge set to ban drones over beaches, parks, yards
Beaches, parks and backyards may become drone no-fly zones after a Town of Cambridge vote.

Cambridge is inching closer to getting a new £20 million startup hub
The historic city of Cambridge will go one step closer to getting a new £20 million innovation centre this week. Architects Aukett Swanke announced ...

Ocado and Cambridge Consultants Ocado Smart Platform launch - Business Insider Deutschland
The tech allows Ocado to control 1,000 machines, communicating with them 10 times a second. Ocado/Cambridge Consultants The inside of Ocado's ...

Duchess of Cambridge raises mental health issues in HuffPost
CBS News Duchess of Cambridge raises mental health issues in HuffPost CBS News LONDON The Duchess of Cambridge is trying to shatter the stigma ...

Daily Mail: The Cambridges probably took a private jet to their ‘secret’ ski holiday
The Daily Mail is sort of freaking out about the ski photos of the Cambridges . To be fair, William and Kate come across as tone-deaf at best ...

Kate, Duchess of Cambridge, is editing Huffington Post - CNN.com
Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, is guest editor of Huffington Post for one day to raise awareness of mental health, the cause closest to her ...

Cambridge Analytica: The Data Lords Who Want To Make Ted Cruz President
... Donald Trump in Iowa polling last December , the Guardian newspaper reported that credit for the senator's rising popularity belonged to Cambridge ...