[News] Mac OS X-Like Dock for GNU/Linux Reviewed by Linux.com

KXDocker: More than a task manager

,----[ Quote ]
| The basic idea behind Mac OS X's Dock is that when you need an
| application, you click on its icon on an on-screen bar, and the
| application is launched (if it has not been yet) or switched to
| (if it has). Stefano Zingarini has borrowed this concept for
| KXDocker, a KDE variation of OS X's Dock (which is also usable
| with GNOME and other desktop environments).
`----

http://applications.linux.com/article.pl?sid=06/12/28/1956207&from=rss

Related:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VekgyKQoTeM&NR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2qoF72PFic&NR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRe0xXvHtFs&mode=related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toAkS51FCqs&mode=related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJIlP-leaM4&mode=related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDveeBlwOOo&mode=related&search=
0
newsgroups3 (79677)

[News] A Look at New GNU/Linux Distro (Qubes) and Review of YlmF GNU/Linux OS

[News] [Linux] Man Chooses Linux Over Mac OS X, Windows
Which OS for Ruby on Rails development? ,----[ Quote ] | I've had experience using Linux servers (no GUIs), so I figured I | could always drop back to the command line if something broke and | I've had to once or twice during installations. But overall I have | been pleasantly surprised at how civil an experience it has been. `---- http://falkayn.blogspot.com/2007/05/which-os-for-ruby-on-rails-development.html ...

[News] Former Microsoft Intern Likes GNU/Linux More than Mac OS X

[News] Desktop GNU/Linux a Better Mac Than Mac OS X

[News] KIBA Dock (Mac OS X Dock Clone) in SUSE Linux
KIBA Dock on SLED 10 This dock has all those physics-type effects you may find in Mac OS. http://moosy.blogspot.com/2006/08/kiba-dock-on-sled-10.html "Roy Schestowitz" <newsgroups@schestowitz.com> wrote in message news:2399711.mg74XL6xPH@schestowitz.com... > KIBA Dock on SLED 10 > > This dock has all those physics-type effects you may find in Mac OS. > > http://moosy.blogspot.com/2006/08/kiba-dock-on-sled-10.html Your description reminds me of "BumpTop 3D" which uses a 3D physics engine so that you can actually toss files around, and they wil...

[News] GNU/Linux Beats Mac OS X in Areas

[News] GNU/Linux More Polished Then Windows, Mac OS X

[News] Mac OS X Does Not Look Better Than GNU/Linux

[News] Suggestions for Upgrading from Mac OS X to GNU/Linux

[News] [Linux] More Speculations About a Google OS Based on GNU/Linux
Google admits that it is going after Microsoft Office... Is Windows next? ,----[ Quote ] | So that brings us to the obvious question: What about the operating | system? There have been rumors for years about a Google PC and/or | Google OS that was based on Linux and aimed at providing a simple, | intuitive desktop for the masses. Naturally, that Google PC would | primarily be an Internet terminal that features Google's online | applications. `---- http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/hiner/?p=465 Still getting slapped for spyware (Dell) and news aggregators... Google stands firm behind N...

[News] Modern GNU/Linux Compared to Mac OS X

[News] GNU/Linux Beats Mac OS X at Everything But Advertising

[News] Musician Leaves Mac OS X to Embrace GNU/Linux

[News] What Sets Apart GNU/Linux from Windows and Mac OS X

[News] Why Mac OS X Can Never Match GNU/Linux

[News] Moving Toward Freedom, from Mac OS X to GNU/Linux
Linux Install Series Part 1: Why Install Linux on your Mac? ,----[ Quote ] | That is the question my fellow Mac users. In today's world we take | what we have for granted but we forget that we have freedom, we have | choice. And we need to take advantage of this. It is important to | realize that we are not limited to what is 'given' to us. Thus, Free | Software gives us the freedom to chose. `---- http://openengineering.blogspot.com/2006/12/linux-install-series-part-1-why-install.html Related quote: http://popagandhi.com/458/it-was-a-very-good-year/ ,----[ Quote ] | As a las...

[News] GNU/Linux Outperforms Mac OS X in Most Latest Benchmarks

[News] User Dumps Mac OS X for GNU/Linux with KDE4

[News] GNU/Linux Looks Like OS X, But Better Under the Hood

[News] Nero Linux 4 for GNU/Linux Reviewed, Warzone 2100, and Other Linux Software

[News] Guide and Tips for Dumping Mac OS X for GNU/Linux Desktop

[News] Moving from Mac OS X to Desktop GNU/Linux Working Out Well

Web resources about - [News] Mac OS X-Like Dock for GNU/Linux Reviewed by Linux.com - comp.os.linux.advocacy

Digital Camera Reviews, Ratings and Buying Guides - Reviewed.com Cameras
Skip this ad Advertisement. The page you requested will display in seconds. Reviewed.com Cameras Electronics: Cameras Televisions Laptops Camcorders ...

Dishwasher Reviews, Ratings and Buying Guides - Reviewed.com Dishwashers
Find the perfect dishwasher here, the most comprehensive source for unbiased, trustworthy, and lab tested dishwasher reviews, including install-types, ...

Gas, Electric, Cooktop and Wall Oven Reviews, Ratings and Buying Guides - Reviewed.com Ovens
Find the perfect oven here, the most comprehensive source for unbiased, trustworthy, and lab tested oven reviews, including gas, electric, induction, ...

CloudCrowd Offers Peer-Reviewed Crowdsourcing Through Facebook
CloudCrowd is an on-demand labor-as-a-service crowdsourcing company that uses a Facebook application to route work to laborers. It takes a complex ...

Reviewed.com (@revieweddotcom) on Twitter

iPhone 6, reviewed and up close - YouTube
A bigger screen, a whole new design, and the promise of Apple Pay. What else does Apple's newest iPhone offer? Scott Stein tells all.

Nissan Pathfinder Hybrid reviewed
Nissan's latest SUV, the Pathfinder Hybrid, offers plenty of reasons to be chosen over the regular V6.

Volvo S60 four-cylinder engines reviewed (03:03)
A new four-cylinder engine range transforms Volvo's mid-sized sedan.

Cold case evidence bungle never reviewed
Cold-case murder evidence - destroyed during a bungled Victoria Police relocation 20 years ago - could have been taken from about 140 unsolved ...

Sydney siege: Man Haron Monis’s wife Amirah Droudis bail reviewed
JUDGE Henson has closed the court doors to media as he views a 90 minute video made by Amirah Droudis.