[News] Making Linux Look Just Like Windows Vista

http://vistalinux.googlepages.com/

Final product here:

http://vistalinux.googlepages.com/NeoVista-Compiz.png

And it's right here. Right now. And it's stable.

But does Windows Vista have Compiz/XGL support? Or security? Or stability?
Does it offer Freedom (as well as free cost)? What about privacy? As the
days go by, Linux makes Vista look like a poor man's O/S. Windows is
yesterday's technology and a cracker's/malware programmer's best friend.
0
newsgroups3 (79677)

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> http://vistalinux.googlepages.com/
>
> Final product here:
>
> http://vistalinux.googlepages.com/NeoVista-Compiz.png
>
> And it's right here. Right now. And it's stable.
>
> But does Windows Vista have Compiz/XGL support? Or security? Or stability?
> Does it offer Freedom (as well as free cost)? What about privacy? As the
> days go by, Linux makes Vista look like a poor man's O/S. Windows is
> yesterday's technology and a cracker's/malware programmer's best friend.

That's why the real Vista is just XP with new makeup troweled on.
The new Tammy Fay Baker of the computer industry.

--
Where are we going?
And why am I in this handbasket?

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> http://vistalinux.googlepages.com/
>>
>> Final product here:
>>
>> http://vistalinux.googlepages.com/NeoVista-Compiz.png
>>
>> And it's right here. Right now. And it's stable.
>>
>> But does Windows Vista have Compiz/XGL support? Or security? Or stability?
>> Does it offer Freedom (as well as free cost)? What about privacy? As the
>> days go by, Linux makes Vista look like a poor man's O/S. Windows is
>> yesterday's technology and a cracker's/malware programmer's best friend.
>
> That's why the real Vista is just XP with new makeup troweled on.
> The new Tammy Fay Baker of the computer industry.

Actually, I was thinking "Cher". All that botox (botulin toxin) might look
okay, but it's very expensive (high-end hardware, licences) and it will
poison your machine at a later stage. Underneath the skin, it's the same
insecure garbage that just needs rejuvenation (a 60% code rewrite). And it's
hard to conceal the effects of aging. As a popular article last year stated,
"Microsoft shows signs of aging". Let me just find it....

Can't do. Maybe I got the title wrong.
0
newsgroups3 (79677)
8/13/2006 6:54:10 PM
GreyCloud wrote:
> Roy Schestowitz wrote:

>> http://vistalinux.googlepages.com/
>>
>> Final product here:
>>
>> http://vistalinux.googlepages.com/NeoVista-Compiz.png
>>
>> And it's right here. Right now. And it's stable.
>>
>> But does Windows Vista have Compiz/XGL support? Or security? Or
>> stability?  Does it offer Freedom (as well as free cost)? What
>> about privacy? As the days go by, Linux makes Vista look like a
>> poor man's O/S. Windows is yesterday's technology and a
>> cracker's/malware programmer's best friend.

> That's why the real Vista is just XP with new makeup troweled on.
> The new Tammy Fay Baker of the computer industry.

Oh come on now, I'm *sure* there'll be more to it than just
*that*. What about all that new "Trust-up Computing" bullshit?

I'll predict for you what'll be in Fista - More bugs than a
rainforest, more holes than a sieve, more prohibitions than a Federal
Penitentiary, and a whole shitload more money and hassle than it's
worth.

--
K.
http://slated.org - Slated, Rated & Blogged

Fedora Core release 5 (Bordeaux) on sky, running kernel 2.6.16-1.2133_FC5
 20:19:43 up 56 days, 20:36,  4 users,  load average: 0.43, 0.53, 0.72
0
spam95 (5695)
8/13/2006 7:21:29 PM
__/ [ [H]omer ] on Sunday 13 August 2006 20:21 \__

> GreyCloud wrote:
>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>>> http://vistalinux.googlepages.com/
>>>
>>> Final product here:
>>>
>>> http://vistalinux.googlepages.com/NeoVista-Compiz.png
>>>
>>> And it's right here. Right now. And it's stable.
>>>
>>> But does Windows Vista have Compiz/XGL support? Or security? Or
>>> stability?  Does it offer Freedom (as well as free cost)? What
>>> about privacy? As the days go by, Linux makes Vista look like a
>>> poor man's O/S. Windows is yesterday's technology and a
>>> cracker's/malware programmer's best friend.
>
>> That's why the real Vista is just XP with new makeup troweled on.
>> The new Tammy Fay Baker of the computer industry.
>
> Oh come on now, I'm *sure* there'll be more to it than just
> *that*. What about all that new "Trust-up Computing" bullshit?

Trusted. Computing. A computer you can trust, right? Sounds so benign.
Digital /Rights/ Management. Not Digital /Restrictions/ Management. How
about successfully restricting the penetration of malware instead?

> I'll predict for you what'll be in Fista - More bugs than a
> rainforest, more holes than a sieve, more prohibitions than a Federal
> Penitentiary, and a whole shitload more money and hassle than it's
> worth.

Other 'features' in Vista:

*More prompts and popups.

*Hardware requirements

*Incompatibility with third-party AV software (must buy OneCare)

*Better security, to protect you from malware sung as Firefox, OpenOffice,
and Google Toolbar.

--
Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Double your drive space - delete Windows"
http://Schestowitz.com  |  SuSE GNU/Linux   �     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
"Roy Schestowitz" <newsgroups@schestowitz.com> wrote in message
> And it's right here. Right now. And it's stable.

  Odd, it doesn't run on most modern ATI video cards, and has had hardware
problems on virtually every PC I have tried it on.

  Linux is still way too user hostile for general use.

"GreyCloud" <mist@cumulus.com> wrote in message
> That's why the real Vista is just XP with new makeup troweled on.
> The new Tammy Fay Baker of the computer industry.

Whereas Linux is teletype output with a GUI poorly smeared on.

[H]omer wrote:
> GreyCloud wrote:
>
>>Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>

>>>http://vistalinux.googlepages.com/
>>>
>>>Final product here:
>>>
>>>http://vistalinux.googlepages.com/NeoVista-Compiz.png
>>>
>>>And it's right here. Right now. And it's stable.
>>>
>>>But does Windows Vista have Compiz/XGL support? Or security? Or
>>>stability?  Does it offer Freedom (as well as free cost)? What
>>>about privacy? As the days go by, Linux makes Vista look like a
>>>poor man's O/S. Windows is yesterday's technology and a
>>>cracker's/malware programmer's best friend.
>

>>That's why the real Vista is just XP with new makeup troweled on.
>>The new Tammy Fay Baker of the computer industry.
>

> Oh come on now, I'm *sure* there'll be more to it than just
> *that*. What about all that new "Trust-up Computing" bullshit?
>
> I'll predict for you what'll be in Fista - More bugs than a
> rainforest, more holes than a sieve, more prohibitions than a Federal
> Penitentiary, and a whole shitload more money and hassle than it's
> worth.

Sounds like the usual to me.

--
Where are we going?
And why am I in this handbasket?
0
mist (19747)
8/14/2006 3:11:18 AM
In comp.os.linux.advocacy, [H]omer
<spam@uce.gov>
 wrote
on Sun, 13 Aug 2006 20:21:29 +0100
<rma4r3-quj.ln1@sky.matrix>:
> GreyCloud wrote:
>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>>> http://vistalinux.googlepages.com/
>>>
>>> Final product here:
>>>
>>> http://vistalinux.googlepages.com/NeoVista-Compiz.png
>>>
>>> And it's right here. Right now. And it's stable.
>>>
>>> But does Windows Vista have Compiz/XGL support? Or security? Or
>>> stability?  Does it offer Freedom (as well as free cost)? What
>>> about privacy? As the days go by, Linux makes Vista look like a
>>> poor man's O/S. Windows is yesterday's technology and a
>>> cracker's/malware programmer's best friend.
>
>> That's why the real Vista is just XP with new makeup troweled on.
>> The new Tammy Fay Baker of the computer industry.
>
> Oh come on now, I'm *sure* there'll be more to it than just
> *that*. What about all that new "Trust-up Computing" bullshit?

I for one don't trust it. :-)

> I'll predict for you what'll be in Fista - More bugs than a
> rainforest, more holes than a sieve, more prohibitions than a Federal
> Penitentiary, and a whole shitload more money and hassle than it's
> worth.

And more revenue than RedHat could ever dream of ... at least until
Microsoft falls so far from grace that RedHat has a chance of getting
into second place. ;-)

(It's a pity; RH deserves better than that. ;-) )

#191, ewill3@earthlink.net
Windows Vista.  Because it's time to refresh your hardware.  Trust us.
0
ewill5 (11075)