[News] Making Linux Look Like OS X Couldn't be Easier

[New article, for those who are hooked on the Mac looks]

Make Your Linux Desktop Look Like A Mac - Mac4Lin Project Documentation

,----[ Quote ]
| Do you want to give your desktop a dash of Mac OS X? Do you want to change
| your GNOME desktop from the default look to something like this?
`----

http://www.howtoforge.com/mac4lin_make_linux_look_like_a_mac

For KDE: http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=8692

Related:

[Opinion] Switch to Linux? No. Get a Mac Clone.

,----[ Quote ]
| I'm a marketing guy, and I look at everything in my world from a marketing
| perspective. From that perspective I think this whole "Switch to Linux"
| thing is unnecessarily hard work - so I take an easier approach to help
| people move in that direction.
|
| [...]
|
| And to finish this article, Kudos to Linux. I get two reactions when
| people look at the desktop on my Laptop and Desktop. One is.. "Er.. is
| that a Mac?" and the other is "Why don't you just buy a Mac?". Well
| kudos is due, because I don't NEED to buy a Mac. I can get the Mac
| look and feel, which I like, and the massive productivity boost of
| the desktop cube ( and enjoyable extras ) even on my three year
| old HP laptop.
`----

http://linuxscorecard.blogspot.com/2007/03/switch-to-linux-no-get-mac-clone.html
http://tinyurl.com/3bsk5l

The last Linux adoption barrier is marketing

,----[ Quote ]
| IBM gave us the Linux boy” ads. Like all IBM ads, they are convoluted and
| make little sense. Frankly, those ads would have been better suited for
| Wikipedia. A little boy swiftly absorbing the wisdom, advice, and information
| of the ages? Yeah, Wikipedia ad, but at the end of the ad, I would have no
| idea what Linux is.
`----

http://enterpriselinuxlog.blogs.techtarget.com/2007/07/25/the-last-linux-adoption-barrier-is-marketing/
0
newsgroups3 (79677)

[News] Making Ubuntu Linux Look Like Mac OS X and Windows XP
Changing the Ubuntu look This article will detail how to mold the Ubuntu Gnome desktop into anything you want it to be (including Windows and OS X) http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/articles/change_ubuntu_look Some interesting screenshots here: http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/articles/change_ubuntu_look?page=0%2C5 ...

[News] Leopard Makes OS X 'Weaker' (Linux Becomes More Attractive)
Leopard is the New Vista, and It's Pissing Me Off ,----[ Quote ] | Before Apple makes any more smug OS-related attacks on Microsoft, it ought to | take a good look in the mirror. `---- http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2704,2223921,00.asp Related: 10.5.1 Fixes Numerous Leopard Flaws ,----[ Quote ] | 10.5.1 also reportedly fixes problems in storing wireless network passwords | and using Disk Utility, and it addresses five Mail flaws. A bug that resulted | in "potential data loss issue when moving files across partitions in the | Finder" has been corrected; this issue crop...

[News] New GNU/Linux Distribution Called Lin-X Looks Just Like Mac OS X

[News] Mac OS X-Like Dock for GNU/Linux Reviewed by Linux.com
KXDocker: More than a task manager ,----[ Quote ] | The basic idea behind Mac OS X's Dock is that when you need an | application, you click on its icon on an on-screen bar, and the | application is launched (if it has not been yet) or switched to | (if it has). Stefano Zingarini has borrowed this concept for | KXDocker, a KDE variation of OS X's Dock (which is also usable | with GNOME and other desktop environments). `---- http://applications.linux.com/article.pl?sid=06/12/28/1956207&from=rss Related: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VekgyKQoTeM&NR http://www.youtube.com/wa...

[News] [Linux] Mac OS X Becomes More Like Linux, Exposes Big List of Bugs
More Unix in Apple's Leopard ,----[ Quote ] | Among the new features comprising the Leopard's innards Apple points to | the automounter autofs, with the aid of which the Finder will in future | be able to mount remote file systems asynchronously. A new feature of | interest to both professional developers and interested laymen is | DTrace, borrowed from Sun's Solaris, which permits detailed monitoring | of the performance of programs during run-time. `---- http://www.heise.de/english/newsticker/news/91448/from/rss09 Like all O/Ses, Apple has many problems in Tiger as well. W...

[News] GNU/Linux Looks Like OS X, But Better Under the Hood

[News] GNU/Linux Distribution That Looks Like Mac OS X

[News] Mac OS X Can't be Prettier Than GNU/Linux

[News] [Linux] Free Maths/Stats Programming; Linux GUI Programming Couldn't Get Any Easier
3 awesome free Math programs ,----[ Quote ] | For statistical computing and analysis in the Open Source world, it | doesn't get any better than R. It is a programming language and | environment that enables you to do pretty much anything that the | commercial software (S-Plus) does. It is so widely adopted that it | can be considered a standard in the field. `---- http://math-blog.com/2007/06/02/3-awesome-free-math-programs/ How To Create a Linux Desktop App In 14 Minutes For Beginners (Using QDevelop and Qt4) ,----[ Quote ] | This tutorial is designed for absolute beginners, even i...

[News] GNU/Linux Claimed Better Than Mac OS X, Vista's Dim View Leads to Linux
Why Mac OS X Sucks and Linux Rocks ,----[ Quote ] | For now, I decided to quit using Leopard (except when I want to take funny | and distorted pictures), and I am more determined than ever in making Linux | (Xubuntu) fully compatible with my Macbook Pro. You may ask why I think Linux | rocks. `---- http://www.junauza.com/2008/04/why-mac-os-x-sucks-and-linux-rocks.html With Vista's View Getting Dimmer, Should You Give Linux A Chance? ,----[ Quote ] | Ease of use. WHAT!?! Ease of use? Yes. I've said it now. It's easy to use. CD | based install (or even one that will go ove...

[News] Ubuntu Linux Can Be Customised to Look Like Mac OS X (HOWTO)
I can't recall posting this before. If I did, I think it is worth re-iterating. http://users.utu.fi/ljtaim/ubuntuosx.php ,----[ Quote ] | I have noticed that many people try to imitate Mac OSX Tiger's look | with their current operating system. `---- Here are some screenshots: http://users.utu.fi/ljtaim/images/after_big_2.jpg http://users.utu.fi/ljtaim/images/after_big_3.jpg __/ [ Roy Schestowitz ] on Monday 19 June 2006 09:57 \__ > I can't recall posting this before. If I did, I think it is worth > re-iterating. > > http://users.utu.fi/ljtaim/ubuntuosx.php > ...

[News] Palm's Linux-based OS in the Making; =?UTF-8?B?RXhvbuKAmXM=?= Quran PDA Runs Linux Too

[News] Linux... Because You Can't Really Buy Vista or OS X (You Can Rent Them Only)
Did you just buy a copy of VISTA? well, its not yours. ,----[ Quote ] | What has happened to consumer rights? We have signed them all away (myself | included). Its like buying a car , and having the manufacturer tell you that | you cannot drive it here or there and you can not let your Kids drive it | because you bought it, and you can not change the color because we (the car | company ) think it looks better in green. What a load of B*&s!*t. When was | the last time you actually took the time to read the terms and conditions on | any software you recently bought? in fact we trust t...

Web resources about - [News] Making Linux Look Like OS X Couldn't be Easier - comp.os.linux.advocacy