[News] Mandriva Linux 2010 Does a "Green Solution", Zenwalk 6.2 Reviewed

Mandriva opts for the green solution with packaging for the Mandriva Linux 2010

,----[ Quote ]
| Mandriva, Europe's leading Linux publisher,
| offers clients recyclable, environmentally-
| friendly packaging for its latest
| distribution: Mandriva linux 2010.
|
| At a time when bringing in sustainable
| development policies is imperative for
| business, Mandriva has gone for entirely
| recyclable packaging for its latest
| distribution to meet customer wishes.
`----

http://www.mandriva.com/enterprise/en/company/press/mandriva-opts-for-the-green-solution-with-packaging-for-the-mandriva-linux-2010

Review: Zenwalk 6.2

,----[ Quote ]
| Conclusions:  This is hands-down one of the
| most user-friendly distributions I've tried.
| This long-term test drive had a few relatively
| minor bugs, and they were far outweighed by
| Zenwalk's overall friendliness and ease of use.
| The distro is bright and well-designed, and is
| backed by strong documentation and a newby-
| friendly community.  In my installation it had
| a very high “just worked” factor, although
| obviously individual results may vary for other
| users and machines.   If XFCE isn't your cup of
| tea, Zenwalk is also available in a GNOME
| version.
`----

http://www.raiden.net/articles/review_zenwalk_62/

Recent:

Zenwalk Core 6.2 is ready

,----[ Quote ]
| Like the plain 6.2, Zenwalk Core 6.2 is
| mostly new code (nearly all packages have
| been updated), and the base system has been
| slightly modified (EXT4, kernel 2.6.30.5).
| The switch to LZMA for package compression
| has reduced the overall size of the ISO image
| (170MB).
`----

http://www.zenwalk.org/modules/news/article.php?storyid=105

0
newsgroups3 (79677)

[News] Linux 2.6.32 in Review, "Linux is Not an OS"

[News] .NET on Linux -- "Yay!" or "Yay [Sarcasm /]"?
Hotskills: Mono lets .net developers run applications on Linux ,----[ Quote ] | To Mono's founders, the proprietary/open-source battle was less important | than issues of co-existence and the most appropriate platform for the job. | According to Justin Steinman, Novell's director of product marketing for | Linux and open platform systems, and the man in charge of selling Mono to the | world, "Mono essentially enables you to run .net applications on Linux," | giving you the choice of developing for either platform knowing that it will | run on both. `---- http://...

Win7: "almost a dream OS", Linux: "WHAT A NIGHTMARE !!!"
"It's nicer than Vista, faster than XP -- almost a dream OS." http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9136192/Windows_7_How_low_can_you_go_?taxonomyId=89&pageNumber=3 "Of importance in the spec was 8GB RAM and I speced a NVidia 8600 GTS graphics card .... WHAT A NIGHTMARE !!! Since then ... I�ve installed various flavors of Linux and continually had lockups/hard freezes (No Num Lock or Caps lock... and you can�t ping the machine). Flavors of Linux that I tried were Ubuntu (7.04 64bit, 7.10 32bit and 64bit, 8.04 Alpha4 64bit), Debian Etch 64bit, Debian Lenny 64bit. All experienced random lockups." http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=587905&highlight=freeze&page=60 Moshe Goldfarb wrote: > Notice the latest FUD from the Linux community. Sounds the same as the earlier FUD from the Linux "community". > Windows 7 = Vista = no improvements while Ubuntu has gone > through xxyy versions since then. And they're now on the 12th unfinished release of Fedora crapware. > Yea, what they don't tell you is that Ubuntu has actually gotten > *worse* with each new release. > > The Ubuntu forums clearly show this. Yep. The Jaunty Crapalope freezing thread now has nearly 600 posts. 1/3 of the victims polled had install or upgrade problems they were unable to fix. sniff, sniff... Micoshaft Appil asstroturfing fraudster pounding the sock DFS wrote on behalf of Half Wits from Micoshaft Appil Dep...

[News] Linux Supported by a Big Red
Don't let the trolls spew out just the negative spins to this story. Big Blue and Big Red now jointly work to address the demand for Linux (yesterday's news). Announcing Oracle Unbreakable Linux ,----[ Quote ] | Oracle Unbreakable Linux is a support program that | provides enterprises with industry-leading global | support for Linux. Recognizing the demand for true | enterprise-quality Linux support and seeing an | opportunity to significantly reduce IT infrastructure | costs, Oracle is now offering Linux operating | system support. `---- http://www.oracle.com/technologies/linux/in...

[News] Microsoft "Hires Astroturfers" to Combat Linux "Cancer"

Web resources about - [News] Mandriva Linux 2010 Does a "Green Solution", Zenwalk 6.2 Reviewed - comp.os.linux.advocacy