[News] Mobile Linux Runs Palm OS Applications; New 3G Linux Phones; Open Linux Phone Made More Attractive

Mobile Linux running Palm OS apps demoed

,----[ Quote ]
| Access hopes ALP and its Eclipse-based Developer Suite will
| provide a long-awaited forward migration path for the many
| thousands of "Garnet OS" (recently renamed from "Palm OS")
| applications developed throughout the decades since "Palm-Pilot"
| first became a household word, in the 1980s.
`----

Linux powers pair of 3G dual-mode phones

,----[ Quote ]
| MontaVista says its device-oriented Linux operating system was
| used in two new 3G business smartphones from Italian handset
| designer Enteos.
`----

Open Linux developer phone opens up more

,----[ Quote ]
| Trolltech has loosened key licensing restrictions on its
| user-modifiable Linux-based mobile phone for open source software
| developers. Users of the Greenphone will no longer be restricted to
| running Qtopia software on the device, nor to using the device only
| in its supplied hardware/software configuration.
`----

newsgroups3 (79677)

Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com> espoused:
> Mobile Linux running Palm OS apps demoed
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| Access hopes ALP and its Eclipse-based Developer Suite will
>| provide a long-awaited forward migration path for the many
>| thousands of "Garnet OS" (recently renamed from "Palm OS")
>| applications developed throughout the decades since "Palm-Pilot"
>| first became a household word, in the 1980s.
> `----

> Linux powers pair of 3G dual-mode phones
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| MontaVista says its device-oriented Linux operating system was
>| used in two new 3G business smartphones from Italian handset
>| designer Enteos.
> `----

> Open Linux developer phone opens up more
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| Trolltech has loosened key licensing restrictions on its
>| user-modifiable Linux-based mobile phone for open source software
>| developers. Users of the Greenphone will no longer be restricted to
>| running Qtopia software on the device, nor to using the device only
>| in its supplied hardware/software configuration.
> `----

Wow - openmoko had a rapid impact on the market!

mark.kent (15323)

Linux, Linux, Linux

[News] Linux Mobile Phones Get New Features; Another Linux Smart Phone PDA from Motorola
Red Bend Software and Trolltech to Bring Over-the-Air Software Component Management to Linux Mobile Phones ,----[ Quote ] | Mobile phones have become sophisticated communications and multi-media | devices. As functionality increases, so too does the amount of software | inside mobile phones. Operators, manufacturers and software developers need | the flexibility and control to update, add, change and remove any software | component inside the mobile phone at any point during the device's lifetime. `---- http://biz.yahoo.com/iw/080122/0350817.html Motorola MOTOMING A1600 3G GPS Linux Smart Phone PDA ,----[ Quote ] | Motorola announces their new PDA phones, MOTOMING A1600 SmartPhone. The next | generation of motorola MOTOMING A1200 with enhanced features. `---- http://www.storeplace.net/2008/01/21/motorola-motoming-a1600-3g-gps-linux-smart-phone-pda/ Quote for the day: "One person in Helsinki can quickly write the core of a sophisticated operating system."                 --John Warden, lead attorney at Microsoft Related: Mot demo's Linux-based DVB-H handheld ,----[ Quote ] | Motorola has announced a personal media player (PMP) and related broadcast | transmission equipment based on the emerging wireless TV broadcast standard, | DVB-H (digital video broadcast, handhelds). The Linux-based Mobile TV DH01 | handheld will enable the viewing of live, on-demand, and recorded programs, | says Motorola...

[News] Linux, Linux, Linux at Acer (Phones and Tablets)

[News] Nettop Runs GNU/Linux and New Phone Runs Linux on ARM9

[News] New Motorola Phones Run Linux and Palm May Take Linux Also Into Sub-notebooks

[News] Navigation Application for Linux Phones, Boost for Palm Linux

[News] Motorola Brings New Linux Phone, Open Linux Platform
Motorola produces a Linux-based slider with an open platform ,----[ Quote ] | But the real standout feature of this device is that it runs on Motorola's | mobile Linux platform, Motomagx. `---- http://www.betanews.com/article/Motorola_produces_a_Linuxbased_slider_with_an_open_platform/1202762519 Recent: Is this the touchscreen Motorola A810? ,----[ Quote ] | Anything is possible we guess, but this Motorola A810 looks a bit like it | might have been put together at kindergarten craft hour. Apparently this | Linux-based — LiMo? — 2.4-inch touchscreen device will feature handwritin...

[News] Linux Phones Keep WINNING, Palm's Linux Phone Gets Flash

[News] [Linux] New Linux Channel for Governments, AIX Applications Ported to Linux
Linux Networx Announces Channel Partnership With Westwind Computer Products ,----[ Quote ] | The partnership expands Linux Networx's ability to market its | performance tuned and production-ready Linux Supersystems to | federal government customers. `---- http://www.sys-con.com/read/371974_p.htm IBM Focusing on i5 Account Sales, Not i5 Sales ,----[ Quote ] | Shearer said that over 1,300 OS/400 applications have been | modernized (meaning ported to i5/OS and given new Web front | ends) and over 2,000 applications have moved over from AIX | and Linux on X86 as part of an application mode...

[News] Open Mobile Alliance Established to Promote Linux Phones; Motorola Pressured to Support Desktop Linux
Open Mobile Alliance to Support Mobile Linux Handsets ,----[ Quote ] | The Linux Phone Standards (LiPS) Forum says has established a formal liaison | and framework for cooperation between the Open Mobile Alliance (OMA) and | LiPS. In particular, LiPS delivers specifications and standards for services | and user applications on Linux-based telephony platforms, and OMA develops | open specifications for mobile content and services. `---- http://www.cellular-news.com/story/26100.php Press release: Linux Phone Standards Forum and Open Mobile Alliance Create Standardization Liaison htt...

[News] Open Source, Linux-based CRM Introduced; New Web Phone Service Supports Linux
SugarCRM Debuts Multichannel Marketing, Analytics ,----[ Quote ] | Built on the LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) platform, SugarCRM was | one of the first vendors to come to market with an open source CRM | platform and has since gained significant traction. `---- http://www.crmbuyer.com/rsstory/55445.html Gizmocall.com Offers Free Web-Based Calling to 150 Countries ,----[ Quote ] | Gizmo Call is available immediately for Windows and Macintosh | operating systems. Linux OS support is expected within 30 days. | Gizmo Call works with Internet Explorer, Opera, Firefox, and | Safari browsers ...

[News] Everything in Mobile Devices is Linux, Linux, Linux....
Better Than Kindle? ,----[ Quote ] | While I'm thinking about all the things I'd do with it, this is what comes to | my mind: this thing cost around $400. There are few other devices that cost | that much these days: | | * Nokia N810 | * Asus eeePC 701 | * OLPC `---- http://justanystuff.blogspot.com/2007/12/better-than-kindle.html Here's a good early look at Android: Hands on with Android: XML Parsing ,----[ Quote ] | Here is an XML parser that I created to showcase Android’s UI. It retrieves | NBA, MLB and NFL scores off of my web server. The true beauty is ...

[News] [Linux] Linux Has Advantage in the Mobile OS World
How Linux morphed from a server to a mobile OS ,----[ Quote ] | When evaluating Linux as a possible OS candidate, it is important to | remember that the Linux "model" for mobile devices is horizontal. That | is, Linux is not presented as a vertically integrated top to bottom | solution for a mobile device supplied by one vendor. | | It's a sharp contrast to the other OS suppliers such as Microsoft | with Windows Mobile, Symbian and PalmSource. These suppliers | support a highly integrated software stack, incorporating not | only an OS but also extensive middleware and applicati...

[News] New Set-top Box Runs Linux, "Linux will Be the Major OS [in This Area]"
Device Profile: SysMaster M10 set-top box ,----[ Quote ] | SysMaster used embedded Linux to build a set-top box with a dizzying array | of audio, video, networking, communications, and data capabilities. The | Tornado M10 Digital Media Center runs Linux 2.6.19, and targets phone and | IP network operators wishing to offer a wide range of services. | | [....] | | Yosifov predicts a bright future for Linux in the embedded device market. | "We believe Linux will be the major OS used in embedded system development | because of its small footprint, reliability, power, and available sof...

[News] [Linux] New Versions of Engarde Secure Linux, Core Linux, OpenTLE (Thai Linux)
EnGarde Secure Linux 3.0.14 Released ,----[ Quote ] | A fully functional secure Linux platform distribution, this release | features a vastly improved intrusion detection Attack Monitor. `---- http://www.linuxlookup.com/2007/may/04/engarde_secure_linux_3_0_14_released Core GNU/Linux 2.0 Released! ,----[ Quote ] | Core contains nothing beyond what is required to perform these tasks. | Core is primarily designed for experienced Linux users, though it has | found an audience with those looking to learn about the internals | and operation of a Linux system. `---- http://www.coredistro.org/news-20070501 http://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=linuxtle ...

[News] New Reviews of GNU/Linux Applications (or Windows Applications Running Under GNU/Linux)

[News] Acer Chooses Linux for Phones, More Android/Linux Phones Coming

[News] Multicore Linux Phones Are Coming, Other Linux Phones Make Strides

[News] Palm's Linux-based OS in the Making; =?UTF-8?B?RXhvbuKAmXM=?= Quran PDA Runs Linux Too

Linux!! Linux!!
From http://groups.google.ca/group/comp.os.linux.misc/about This month 16 t...@invalid.invalid 15 ahlstr...@launchmodem.com 14 goldee_loxnbag...@gmail.com 10 jhas...@newsguy.com 9 mil...@yoyo.org 9 hel...@deepsoft.com 9 hadronqu...@gmail.com 8 ronb02nos...@gmail.com 7 secret...@lxny.org 7 ignoramus8...@nospam.8345.invalid All time 5421 p...@oboe.it.uc3m.es 4508 michael+use...@www.heiming.de 3530 j...@dhh.gt.org 3066 hel...@deepsoft.com 2991 nike_jordan_...@yahoo.com.cn 2651 jdbe...@exit109.com 2474 gra...@visi.com 2216 nikejordangoo...@hotmail.com 1890 rkiesl...@mainmatter.com 1869 unruh-s...@physics.ubc.ca FRom http://groups.google.ca/group/comp.os.linux.setup/about Top posters This month 35 art...@sj.speakeasy.net 25 t...@invalid.invalid 21 a...@zimage.comant 15 Nico Kadel-Garcia 13 n...@youmustbejoking.demon.cu.invalid 8 dwhodg...@nomail.afraid.org 8 jhas...@newsguy.com 7 jul...@tampabay.rr.com 6 karthikbalagur...@gmail.com 5 Doug Freyburger All time 2999 p...@oboe.it.uc3m.es 1752 nka...@comcast.net 1510 scare.c...@oz.land 1458 michael+use...@www.heiming.de 1262 mjtob...@removethis_consultant.com 1132 nka...@bellatlantic.net 1128 kim...@lightlink.com 1106 nos...@nosite.zzz 1047 effla...@xnet.com 1007 m...@scrum.muc.de -- Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nl2k.ab.ca Ici doctor@nl2k.ab.ca God, Queen and country! Never Satan President Republic! Beware AntiChrist rising! http://twitter.com/rootnl2k http://www.faceboo...

I have Linux! I have Linux!

My Linux is not your Linux

Why linux is linux

Web resources about - [News] Mobile Linux Runs Palm OS Applications; New 3G Linux Phones; Open Linux Phone Made More Attractive - comp.os.linux.advocacy