[News] More Ballnux Phones From 3 Companies That Pay Microsoft for Linux

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

0
Reply Roy 5/28/2010 7:08:15 PM

See related articles to this posting

comp.os.linux.advocacy 118988 articles. 13 followers. Post

[News] Android Phones Come from 3 Asian Companies That Pay Microsoft for Linux Racketeering

[News] Samsung Sells Linux (Ballnux) Phones at Almost 100 Times The Pace of Microsoft "KIN", Makes Linux TVs

[News] Many New Ballnux Phones (Microsoft-taxed but Linux-based)

[News] New Ballnux (Microsoft-taxed Linux) Phones Come from Samsung and LG

[News] [Linux] Even Microsoft Depends on Linux Companies
Microsoft Enlists Startup To Help Secure Linux Desktops ,----[ Quote ] | Patent claims against Linux notwithstanding, Microsoft is working | with a startup to ensure a key security initiative includes support | for the open-source operating system on client computers. `---- http://www.informationweek.com/blog/main/archives/2007/05/microsoft_enlis.html IT Confidential: What If Microsoft Went Door To Door To Enforce Its Patents? ,----[ Quote ] | How would you feel if Steve Ballmer rang your doorbell and starting | asking about the software that you used? It's not so far away from | what...

[News] Microsoft Excludes Non-Ballnux Linuxes Again, But Uses Linux in House
Microsoft opens up to Linux for System Center, but on a very short leash ,----[ Quote ] | ...one would expect Microsoft to support not only SUSE Enterprise Linux but | also Ubuntu Linux and Red Hat Enterprise Linux as part of this. After all, if | it's customers you want to benefit, then go for the two Linux distributions | with the biggest community appeal (Ubuntu) and corporate appeal (Red Hat). | Supporting only the Linux vendor with whom you have a measure of control | through a patent agreement is, well, not so open. | | So, good first step. Now let's see just how commi...

[News] [Linux] Linux Company Very Successful, Lists Microsoft as Biggest Client
Aruba Networks Jumps on 3Q Results ,----[ Quote ] | "Strength was driven by faster-than-expected deployments, as well | as large companies starting to expand deployments from headquarters | to remote locations," wrote Luke, noting that Microsoft Corp. and | the U.S. Air Force are two of the company's bigger clients. `---- http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/070525/aruba_networks_out_of_the_gate.html?.v=1 Linux appliances all over Microsoft's campus. Related: It's unofficial: Microsoft bets business on Linux ,----[ Quote ] | What the press statement didn't mention is that A...

[News] [Linux] Company Boasts First-of-a-kind Phone Running Linux
Comintel makes world's 1st Linux Wi-Fi phone ,----[ Quote ] | Comintel Corp Bhd has teamed up with Penang-headquartered Gupp Technologies | Inc to manufacture the world's first Linux-based dual mode WiFi-centric | mobile phones. `---- http://www.theedgedaily.com/cms/content.jsp?id=com.tms.cms.article.Article_4cd4eb4f-cb73c03a-13425450-baffa340#16100402091942634284 Related: Linux powers first software-defined cellular base station ,----[ Quote ] | The first software-defined cellular base station to be certified | by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission is on display at | a...

[News] Deals with Microsoft Mean Death to Individual Linux Companies, Not GNU/Linux
Patent Deals With Microsoft Mean Death To Linux? ,----[ Quote ] | These companies were given access to thousands of man hours worth of code and | software, and they repay this kindness by outwardly betraying the license | that made this possible for them in the first place. | | [...] | | Linux users are fine leaving things alone. Microsoft, on the other hand, sees | things from a completely different perspective. `---- http://www.madpenguin.org/cms/?m=show&id=7966 On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 04:24:47 +0100, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com> wrote: >Patent Deals With M...

[News] Companies Look Beyond Proprietary Phones, Dell to Market Linux Phones

[News] New Phones Running Ballnux (Android with Microsoft Extortion Tax), OpenBallnux News

[News] Ballnux News from Novell, Amazon, and Samsung (New Microsoft-taxed Linux Products)

[News] [Linux] Linux Companies Yawn at Microsoft's Bluff, Fear at All-time Low
Microsoft: Market Shrugs Off Linux Patent Claims ,----[ Quote ] | If there is any pure play proxy for Linux OS software sales, it is | RedHat. And, its stock is flat on the news. At noon, it was | at $22.75, flat on light volume of 675,000 shares. On a normal day | the stock trades over 2 million shares. No running for the doors here. `---- http://www.247wallst.com/2007/05/microsoft_marke.html Microsoft's Linux stance threatens self-harm ,----[ Quote ] | If Microsoft wants to avoid ridicule, it has two choices: sue or shut | up. Until it decides, we call its bluff. `---- http://opinio...

[News] Microsoft's Patent Sellouts in Korea Sell Ballnux Devices and Phones (Taxed by Microsoft)

[News] Ballnux Phones from Samsung to Have SaaS, Ballnux News Summary

[News] Android/Linux is Free, Samsung and LG Pay Microsoft for It (and Complain About Trolls), Microsoft Labeled a "Patent Troll"

[News] Mobile Linux Runs Palm OS Applications; New 3G Linux Phones; Open Linux Phone Made More Attractive
Mobile Linux running Palm OS apps demoed ,----[ Quote ] | Access hopes ALP and its Eclipse-based Developer Suite will | provide a long-awaited forward migration path for the many | thousands of "Garnet OS" (recently renamed from "Palm OS") | applications developed throughout the decades since "Palm-Pilot" | first became a household word, in the 1980s. `---- http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS2968683379.html Linux powers pair of 3G dual-mode phones ,----[ Quote ] | MontaVista says its device-oriented Linux operating system was | used in two new 3G business sma...

[News] More Linux and Ballnux Phones Out Shortly
OpenMoko new Linux cellphone here by April ,----[ Quote ] | Our own Linux-aficionado Ewdi took a look at the OpenMoko Neo FreeRunner | cellphone while the team were at CES 2008 back in January. He found the | interface well designed but wasn’t too keen on the speed of the handset - | based around a Samsung System-on-a-Chip - and you can check out the | performance in his video. `---- http://www.phonemag.com/openmoko-new-linux-cellphone-here-by-april-021154.php Samsung Electronics to launch first Linux-based mobile phone ,----[ Quote ] | Samsung expects to take lead in the linux-ba...

[News] Linux, Linux, Linux at Acer (Phones and Tablets)

[News] Multicore Linux Phones Are Coming, Other Linux Phones Make Strides

[News] Acer Chooses Linux for Phones, More Android/Linux Phones Coming

[News] Microsoft Hates Linux, But OSI and the Linux Foundation Have Microsoft Apologists
Microsoft vs. The Linux World ,----[ Quote ] | Make no mistake about it, if you are using a Linux distribution, you are not | a friend to the software giant in Redmond. For years, they have spread rumors | and half-truths in an effort to curb any further attraction to Linux | development. Unfortunately for them, this has not only failed miserably, but | their own Vista operating system has become the ultimate pro-Linux marketing | campaign with its bugs, bloat and compatibility issues. `---- http://www.madpenguin.org/cms/?m=show&id=7984 And yet you see some people who refuse ...

[News] ArtistX (Linux) Debuts; Damn Small Linux 3.3 Released
Welcome to ArtistX - version 0.3 Just Released ,----[ Quote ] | ArtistX is a live DVD which turns a computer into a full | multimedia production studio. It is based on Debian GNU/Linux | and contains nearly all the available free audio, 2D and 3D | graphics, and video software for the GNU/Linux computing platform. | It doesn't need to be installed, and boots directly into a running | system without touching hard drives. The files produced with ArtistX | can be easily stored on USB devices or CD/DVD medium while it is | running. `---- http://artistx.org/ DSL [Damn Small Linux] v3.3 is no...

[News] Microsoft Pays Acacia After It Sued Linux