[News] More Ballnux Phones From 3 Companies That Pay Microsoft for Linux

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

0
Reply Roy 5/28/2010 7:08:15 PM

See related articles to this posting

comp.os.linux.advocacy 118402 articles. 12 followers. Post

[News] Android Phones Come from 3 Asian Companies That Pay Microsoft for Linux Racketeering

[News] Samsung Sells Linux (Ballnux) Phones at Almost 100 Times The Pace of Microsoft "KIN", Makes Linux TVs

[News] Many New Ballnux Phones (Microsoft-taxed but Linux-based)

[News] New Ballnux (Microsoft-taxed Linux) Phones Come from Samsung and LG

[News] [Linux] Even Microsoft Depends on Linux Companies
Microsoft Enlists Startup To Help Secure Linux Desktops ,----[ Quote ] | Patent claims against Linux notwithstanding, Microsoft is working | with a startup to ensure a key security initiative includes support | for the open-source operating system on client computers. `---- http://www.informationweek.com/blog/main/archives/2007/05/microsoft_enlis.html IT Confidential: What If Microsoft Went Door To Door To Enforce Its Patents? ,----[ Quote ] | How would you feel if Steve Ballmer rang your doorbell and starting | asking about the software that you used? It's not so far away from | what...

[News] Microsoft Excludes Non-Ballnux Linuxes Again, But Uses Linux in House
Microsoft opens up to Linux for System Center, but on a very short leash ,----[ Quote ] | ...one would expect Microsoft to support not only SUSE Enterprise Linux but | also Ubuntu Linux and Red Hat Enterprise Linux as part of this. After all, if | it's customers you want to benefit, then go for the two Linux distributions | with the biggest community appeal (Ubuntu) and corporate appeal (Red Hat). | Supporting only the Linux vendor with whom you have a measure of control | through a patent agreement is, well, not so open. | | So, good first step. Now let's see just how commi...

[News] [Linux] Linux Company Very Successful, Lists Microsoft as Biggest Client
Aruba Networks Jumps on 3Q Results ,----[ Quote ] | "Strength was driven by faster-than-expected deployments, as well | as large companies starting to expand deployments from headquarters | to remote locations," wrote Luke, noting that Microsoft Corp. and | the U.S. Air Force are two of the company's bigger clients. `---- http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/070525/aruba_networks_out_of_the_gate.html?.v=1 Linux appliances all over Microsoft's campus. Related: It's unofficial: Microsoft bets business on Linux ,----[ Quote ] | What the press statement didn't mention is that A...

[News] [Linux] Company Boasts First-of-a-kind Phone Running Linux
Comintel makes world's 1st Linux Wi-Fi phone ,----[ Quote ] | Comintel Corp Bhd has teamed up with Penang-headquartered Gupp Technologies | Inc to manufacture the world's first Linux-based dual mode WiFi-centric | mobile phones. `---- http://www.theedgedaily.com/cms/content.jsp?id=com.tms.cms.article.Article_4cd4eb4f-cb73c03a-13425450-baffa340#16100402091942634284 Related: Linux powers first software-defined cellular base station ,----[ Quote ] | The first software-defined cellular base station to be certified | by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission is on display at | a...

[News] Deals with Microsoft Mean Death to Individual Linux Companies, Not GNU/Linux
Patent Deals With Microsoft Mean Death To Linux? ,----[ Quote ] | These companies were given access to thousands of man hours worth of code and | software, and they repay this kindness by outwardly betraying the license | that made this possible for them in the first place. | | [...] | | Linux users are fine leaving things alone. Microsoft, on the other hand, sees | things from a completely different perspective. `---- http://www.madpenguin.org/cms/?m=show&id=7966 On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 04:24:47 +0100, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com> wrote: >Patent Deals With M...

[News] Companies Look Beyond Proprietary Phones, Dell to Market Linux Phones

[News] New Phones Running Ballnux (Android with Microsoft Extortion Tax), OpenBallnux News

[News] Ballnux News from Novell, Amazon, and Samsung (New Microsoft-taxed Linux Products)

[News] [Linux] Linux Companies Yawn at Microsoft's Bluff, Fear at All-time Low
Microsoft: Market Shrugs Off Linux Patent Claims ,----[ Quote ] | If there is any pure play proxy for Linux OS software sales, it is | RedHat. And, its stock is flat on the news. At noon, it was | at $22.75, flat on light volume of 675,000 shares. On a normal day | the stock trades over 2 million shares. No running for the doors here. `---- http://www.247wallst.com/2007/05/microsoft_marke.html Microsoft's Linux stance threatens self-harm ,----[ Quote ] | If Microsoft wants to avoid ridicule, it has two choices: sue or shut | up. Until it decides, we call its bluff. `---- http://opinio...

[News] Microsoft's Patent Sellouts in Korea Sell Ballnux Devices and Phones (Taxed by Microsoft)

[News] Android/Linux is Free, Samsung and LG Pay Microsoft for It (and Complain About Trolls), Microsoft Labeled a "Patent Troll"

[News] More Linux and Ballnux Phones Out Shortly
OpenMoko new Linux cellphone here by April ,----[ Quote ] | Our own Linux-aficionado Ewdi took a look at the OpenMoko Neo FreeRunner | cellphone while the team were at CES 2008 back in January. He found the | interface well designed but wasn’t too keen on the speed of the handset - | based around a Samsung System-on-a-Chip - and you can check out the | performance in his video. `---- http://www.phonemag.com/openmoko-new-linux-cellphone-here-by-april-021154.php Samsung Electronics to launch first Linux-based mobile phone ,----[ Quote ] | Samsung expects to take lead in the linux-ba...

[News] Microsoft Pays Acacia After It Sued Linux

[News] Linux is Eating Microsoft in Phones, Devices

[News] Vodafone Chooses Ballnux -- Not Linux -- for Phones

[News] Microsoft Tries to Turn All Android/Linux Into Ballnux

[News] New Ballnux Phones to Have Latest Android/Linux

[News] Microsoft Buddy Samsung Chooses Linux for Phones

[News] 3 New Motorola Phones Run Linux

[News] At Least Four Companies Open Up Phones with Linux
Linux phone market opening up? ,----[ Quote ] | Four vendors are helping change Linux-based phones from | voice-focused appliances into multimedia computers, according | to Sascha Segan of PC Magazine. OpenMoko, TrollTech, Nokia, | and Motorola are each using open source to cut costs, add | flexibility, and/or to attract community and commercial | developers, writes Segan. `---- http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS8591201260.html Yesterday: Startup Promises First Linux Smartphone Based On Open Standards ,----[ Quote ] | OpenMoko, a Taiwanese startup that develops mobile hardware and | so...