[News] More Ballnux Phones Produced and Also Designed by Samsung

0
Roy
6/17/2010 4:22:55 PM
comp.os.linux.advocacy 120708 articles. 14 followers. Post Follow

US-TX-Austin: Sr. Design Eng., MSEE, Analog Circuit Design, DSP algorithms; Perm (45323657632)
US-TX-Austin: Sr. Design Eng., MSEE, Analog Circuit Design, DSP algorithms; Perm (45323657632) ============================================================================================== Position: Sr. Design Eng. Reference: SMC01499 Location: Austin TX Duration: Perm Skills: M.S. in Electrical Engineering required. 5+yrs design experience in mixed signal integrated circuit design. Exp leading design teams and working with customers. Experience in one of the following: Analog Circuit Des...

[News] More Good News for Linux-based Handset Devices
Esmertec And Yuhua TelTech Set New Benchmark With 1-stop Solution For Linux-Based Mobile Devices ,----[ Quote ] | Esmertec announced that Yuhua TelTech, a Chinese Independent Design | House (IDH) for mobile devices, has chosen Esmertec's 1-stop solution | for its Linux-based platform for mobile devices and smart phones. The | platform will be shipped on Linux-based handset devices for the | European and Chinese market at the end of December 2006. `---- http://linux.sys-con.com/read/310276_p.htm Linux is becoming big in China's mobile industry. It is disruptive enough to have had Bal...

[News] [Rival] More Microsoft Lawsuits, Antitrust

[News] Zenwalk Linux Pleases Reviewer
Zenwalk 4.8 Review ,----[ Quote ] | I am just in love with xfce based distributions; they are fast, simple and | elegant and Zenwalk is no exception. It has a really good control center and | out-of-box multimedia support. `---- http://simplyjat.blogspot.com/2007/11/zenwalk-48-review.html Related: Releases : Zenwalk 4.8 is ready ,----[ Quote ] | The Zenwalk Team is happy to announce the Zenwalk 4.8 release. | | After several release-candidates, it seems that we are ready for a very | stable release. Overall, testers have found Zenwalk 4.8 the fastest version | ever.   `---- ...

[News] Macs are Great... Linux Boxes
Mac Mini becomes Linux-based IP PBX ,----[ Quote ] | An East German company will soon begin selling an IP-PBX setup based | on a Mac Mini running Linux. 4S Newcom's iBlue package comes with an | iPod Shuffle that acts as a boot device for the Mac Mini, plus five | Linux-based VoIP phones. `---- http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS8680369796.html Linus argues that while the hardware/box looks attractive, it is actually a PITA to work with (its firmware). On Tue, 17 Oct 2006 07:55:01 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote: > Mac Mini becomes Linux-based IP PBX > > ,----[ Quote ] >| An...

US-TX-Austin: Applications Eng., 5+yrs exp., Port IC HW, FPGA board design, C++; (45332914409)
US-TX-Austin: Applications Eng., 5+yrs exp., Port IC HW, FPGA board design, C++; (45332914409) ============================================================================================== Position: Applications Eng. Reference: SMC01781 Location: Austin TX Duration: Perm Skills: BSEE and 5+ years experience Experience porting IC Hardware description languages (Verilog, VHDL) to FPGA. Experience with FPGA board design and validation. Required software skills: C++, Assembly language, knowledge ...

Stephen Lebans ConvertReportToPDF Version 7.51 produces files with less overhead.
Am using Stephen Lebans ConvertReportToPDF 'Version: 7.51. It's stated Purpose: Export report to Snapshot and then to PDF. Output exact duplicate of a Report to PDF. I'm just as thrilled using it as I was after first implementing it well over a year ago. Perhaps someone can tell me why PDF files I create using Lebans program are 1/10 the size of those created when I open a report from the database window, choose PrimoPDF as the printer (a virtual printer that 'prints' a PDF document file rather than a hardcopy. I've tested it over and over. I have a report named rpt...

News about SAS
Dear SAS Users, The user acceptance testing period has been completed without any problems reported. Please make sure you do not leave any SAS processes running overnight or scheduled to be run overnight as Darin will be switching us to the new machine tonight or early tomorrow morning. This will be transparent, your usual sas8 and sas6 command will now run on the new machine. If you should get a message asking to validate the 'host' abraham .... just say 'yes'! Happy SAS'ing on our smaller, faster machine.... I will be on vacation tomorrow, please let the help desk kno...

[News] IBM Thinkpads Sold with SUSE Linux, Full Support Included
This relates to Lenovo's recent annoncement. ThinkPad--now with Suse Linux ,----[ Quote ] | In addition, Lenovo will provide Linux support for the laptop, | including drivers and its ThinkVantage technologies found on ThinkPad | loaded with Microsoft's Windows operating system, he said. `---- http://news.com.com/2100-1005_3-6105543.html?part=rss&tag=6105543&subj=news ...

[News] AlwaysOn 100 Innovators Choose MySQL
MySQL Used By Majority Of "AlwaysOn 100" Innovators ,----[ Quote ] | It is no coincidence that the majority of these "Hot 100" start-ups are | using the MySQL open source database to power their IT infrastructure, | Web sites and products. `---- http://sourcewire.com/releases/rel_display.php?relid=26506&hilite= ...

Re: DECnet positively in the news #2
Bob Koehler <koehler@EISNER.NOSPAM.ENCOMPASSERVE.ORG> writes ... >[...] > > You may already be aware of this, but DECnet is available on Linux - > > http://linux-decnet.sourceforge.net/index.html > > DECnet is available on just about everything. I can't remember the > last time I had a system that I couldn't get Phase IV for. (Maybe > it was my DECSYSTEM 20's before Phase IV shipped?) I have some consolation for those not as fortunate as Mr. Koehler (e.g. not as well-funded, or simply lacking the time to install DECnet, or even using so...

[News] Nimblex GNU/Linux Customised for Users via the Web

[News] When You Use Microsoft Windows, You Share Your Desktop with Feds
German government sees itself in good company with online searches ,----[ Quote ] | The spyware then sent information on all internet connections and websites | visited to the FBI, who then arrested the pupil. However, in contrast to the | planned procedure in Germany, CIPAV does not transfer the content of | communications or files. `---- http://www.heise.de/english/newsticker/news/94988/from/rss09 Related: FBI ducks questions about its remotely installed spyware ,----[ Quote ] | There are plenty of unanswered questions about the FBI spyware that, as we | reported earlier this we...

Have you heard the GOOD NEWS?
http://www3.boxke.net << click link for the good news google_groups_usa@yahoo.com wrote: > <snip> << click link for the good news Someone has created a DWIM compiler? [clicks link] Bill, never mind. -- http://billpg.me.uk/ usenet(at)billpg(dot)me(dot)uk ...

[News] [Linux] Novell Answers Tough Questions on Microsoft IP
Novell sheds (a little) more light on its patent access deal ,----[ Quote ] | Q. How does Microsoft promising not sue Novell customers gives | Novell engineers sanctioned access to Microsoft code? | | [...] | | In fact, I would suggest that the answer to the first question makes it | clear that the patent access granted by the technical collaboration | agreement and the patent covenant not to sue customers are completely | unrelated. | | It certainly appears to be at odds with Steinman's earlier statement: "the | intellectual property agreement provided a foundation for the | in...

LONG [News Digest] Linux News Digest for the 24hrs preceding 09-10-07
In today's digest, we have: * Linux Myths Get Broken and Windows Realities Revealed * Novell Gets Greedy (Wants OpenOffice.org for Itself) * [Rival] Resource Hogs and Faulty Computers from Proprietary Vendors * [Rival] Bringing Windows 'Reliability' to People's Health Verdicts * Video: xwinwrap Does Animated Backgrounds in Linux * IBM Chooses Linux in New Google Collaboration * Big New Release for Granular Linux (Granular FunWorks 2007) * Open Source Approach Shows Its Advantage; Radiohead Takes the Open Route * [Rival] The Rob Enderle Bozo Gets ...

FS: Dell Computer System w/ over $20k in designer/developer software!
For those of you looking for a very powerful and affordable PC, check this out. It has been listed on Ebay this afternoon with a very low reserve. One software package on this machine is worth the price alone. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2791280434 Here's a quick breakdown: Hardware Profile: Dimension 2350 Series, Intel Celeron Processor at 1.80GHz 256MB DDR SDRAM at 266MHz Dell Quiet Key Keyboard 19 inch M992 Monitor Integrated Intel 3D AGP Graphics 30GB Ultra ATA/100 Hard Drive 7200RPM 3.5inch Floppy Drive Integrated 10/100 Ethernet ...

Python-URL!
QOTW: "I still want to keep compile time type checking to make sure I don't make any mistakes." "Sounds like you want two wives, but I'm pretty sure polygamy gets a checkbox in the naughty category on Santa's list" -- George Jempty (commenting on "Dear Open Source Santa," by Paul Browne) http://www.oreillynet.com/onjava/blog/2006/12/dear_open_source_santa.html#comment-384244 "But if you care to give it a closer look, you may understand that Python's main advantage is not seizable by feature and performance charts." -- Soni ...

[News] The MAFIAA and Jammie Thomas Unable to Settle

[News] Open Source Impact in Networking
Getting Over the Love-Hate Dynamic With Open Standards ,----[ Quote ] | While the number of companies installing all-SIP or all-open source | networks continues to grow, it's clear that the overall market | has not gotten over this love-hate relationship with open standards. `---- http://www.technewsworld.com/story/55830.html Still looking for the lockin while peers and customers prefer openness. Open Source Network Configuration Management ,----[ Quote ] | Open source projects have had a significant impact in areas such | as operating systems (Linux), databases (MySQL), web applicat...

Re: Function construction and also symmetric
> Thank you Ray. > > Have you any thoughts about the second question? > > Cheers, > Mark Not sure if this is quite what you have in mind, but it might be a start. makeSymmetricMatrixFunction[n_Integer /; n > 0] := makeSymmetricMatrix[n] := Module[ {vals = RandomReal[1, n*(n - 1)/2], i = 0, mat}, mat = Table[ If[j == k, 1/2, If[j < k, i++; vals[[i]], 0]], {j, n}, {k, n}]; mat + Transpose[mat] ] In[61]:= makeSymmetricMatrixFunction[4] In[62]:= ?? makeSymmetricMatrix Global`makeSymmetricMatrix makeSymmetricMatrix[4]:=Module[{v...

[News] Microsoft Munchkinds Are Officially Criminals

Good news and bad news!!
The Bad news is i am an IT Recruiter......The good news is that i have a great role for a developer with strong Python skills. Ideally along with that they will have Java and either an understanding of Agile development or experience in using Ruby. =A335 - =A345k, London Contact me for more information 01189897601 grant@connectionsrecruit.co.uk grant.bodie@gmail.com wrote: > The Bad news is i am an IT Recruiter......The good news is that i have > a great role for a developer with strong Python skills. > > Ideally along with that they will have Java and either an understanding...

[News] Free Software Business Shows Signs of Growth in Bad Economy

[News] GNU/Linux faces challenges as it goes mainstream
Where does Linux go from here? ..---- | Linux is now mainstream -- so mainstream, in fact, that two of | the top three Linux distributions are commercially successful | operations, and the third aims to be. Every day, more and more | old-school IT firms shake off their initial doubts, get in line | behind their customers, and try Linux and other free software | projects. In the face of such success, will Linux remain true to | its free software ideals and to the community which created it? Or | will it morph into a corporate byproduct, driven by the bottom | line, and complacent with all f...