[News] Moving from Mac OS X to Desktop GNU/Linux Working Out Well

0
newsgroups3 (79677)

[News] Desktop GNU/Linux a Better Mac Than Mac OS X

[News] Mac OS X-Like Dock for GNU/Linux Reviewed by Linux.com
KXDocker: More than a task manager ,----[ Quote ] | The basic idea behind Mac OS X's Dock is that when you need an | application, you click on its icon on an on-screen bar, and the | application is launched (if it has not been yet) or switched to | (if it has). Stefano Zingarini has borrowed this concept for | KXDocker, a KDE variation of OS X's Dock (which is also usable | with GNOME and other desktop environments). `---- http://applications.linux.com/article.pl?sid=06/12/28/1956207&from=rss Related: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VekgyKQoTeM&NR http://www.youtube.com/wa...

[News] Moving Toward Freedom, from Mac OS X to GNU/Linux
Linux Install Series Part 1: Why Install Linux on your Mac? ,----[ Quote ] | That is the question my fellow Mac users. In today's world we take | what we have for granted but we forget that we have freedom, we have | choice. And we need to take advantage of this. It is important to | realize that we are not limited to what is 'given' to us. Thus, Free | Software gives us the freedom to chose. `---- http://openengineering.blogspot.com/2006/12/linux-install-series-part-1-why-install.html Related quote: http://popagandhi.com/458/it-was-a-very-good-year/ ,----[ Quote ] | As a las...

[News] Guide and Tips for Dumping Mac OS X for GNU/Linux Desktop

Web resources about - [News] Moving from Mac OS X to Desktop GNU/Linux Working Out Well - comp.os.linux.advocacy

Virtual desktop - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... a virtualized environment between the computer platform and its operating system, see Virtual machine . For virtual machines running desktop ...

Polarr Photo Editor gets a Windows 7+ desktop release
Popular mobile and browser-based image editor Polarr Photo Editor is now available in a desktop edition for Windows 7 and later. A Free build ...

This Russian all-in-one desktop is just quirky enough to attract attention
... left over from 1999. The latest entrant seems more promising but is still one to file under "curiosity." It's a 21.5-inch all-in-one desktop ...

Opera's desktop web browser gets built-in ad blocking
If you use a major desktop web browser, you usually have to hunt down an ad blocking add-on if you're determined to purge intrusive promos from ...

Computer Sales Continue to Evolve Away From Desktop PCs, Says Report
As desktop PC sales continue to fade, steady sales of laptops and portables appear to debunk the idea that PCs are dead, the report finds.

AMD, Razer want to standardize external GPUs, bring desktop gaming to ultrabooks
For years, various laptop manufacturers and OEMs have tried to push external graphics chassis into the mainstream, with little success. It looks ...

AMD Enhances Its Desktop Processor Lineup, Which Could Help Increase Its Market Share
Earlier this week, AMD expanded its desktop processor lineup with new processors that deliver superior performance, features, and near-silent ...

Issue references and @mentions for GitHub Desktop
GitHub Desktop on both Windows and Mac now provides suggestions when mentioning team members, referencing Issues, and adding more to your commit ...

Here's How a Desktop Will Look in Virtual Reality
Good, desktop-compatible VR headsets are just about ready to ship to average consumers. In addition to all the demos of skydiving and porn, people ...

There's A Great New Google Music Desktop Player For Mac
There's good news for fans of Google Play Music, the search giant's answer to iTunes and Spotify. An updated version of Google Play Music Desktop ...