[News] New ARM Sub-notebooks from China Run Linux, ARM Sees GNU/Linux Future

Android netbook runs on new ARM9 CPU

,----[ Quote ]
| China-based HiVision is readying an Android-
| based "PWS700CA" netbook with a 600MHz
| Rockchip ARM9 processor and a 7-inch, WVGA
| touchscreen, and according to one preview,
| it's likely to sell for under $100. HiVision
| also recently introduced a Linux-based
| "PWS700B" netbook, as well as an "EB-0600S" e-
| reader, says the company.
`----

http://www.linuxfordevices.com/c/a/News/HiVision-PWS700CA-plus-PWS700B-and-EB0600S/?kc=rss

ARM boss forecasts mass migration to netbooks

,----[ Quote ]
| ARM CEO Warren East believes that netbooks
| will come to dominate the PC market - and it
| won't be that long before it happens.
|
| "Although netbooks are small today – maybe ten
| per cent of the PC market at most – we believe
| over the next several years that could
| completely change around and that could be 90
| per cent of the PC market," PC Pro says he
| says.
`----

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2010/02/04/arm_netbook_shift/

Recent:

ARM: our netbooks will fly with or without Windows

,----[ Quote ]
| ARM chief executive Warren East has claimed
| that netbooks could swallow 90% of the PC
| market, in an exclusive interview with PC Pro.
|
| The British chip design firm, which is the
| biggest rival to Intel's dominant Atom
| processors in the netbook space, claims the
| low-budget laptops could transform the PC
| market. And East says the chip firm will
| succeed "with our without" Windows support for
| its processors.
`----

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/355246/arm-our-netbooks-will-fly-with-or-without-windows

ARM processors to overtake Intel in mobile devices by 2013?

,----[ Quote ]
| I’ve seen many similar reports that talk of
| Linux overtaking Windows for UMDs in a broadly
| similar timeframe. One thing’s for sure
| smartbooks and the like are here to stay.
`----

http://www.netbookchoice.com/2010/01/22/arm-processors-to-overtake-intel-in-mobile-devices-by-2013/

ARM Seen as a Threat to Intel on the Mobile Front

,----[ Quote ]
| Despite the current developments and the latest
| advancements in x86 chips power efficiency,
| analysts seem to think that, even though Intel
| currently controls the netbook market with its
| new Atom chips, this dominance may be short
| lived. ABI Research suggests that the ARM
| architecture may make a strong incursion into
| this segment, likely taking away most of the
| mobile market share from Intel's units.
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/ARM-Seen-as-a-Threat-to-Intel-on-the-Mobile-Front-132924.shtml

0
newsgroups3 (79677)

[News] Another Sub-notebook Runs GNU/Linux (Only), Dell Might go GNU/Linux-only with ARM

[News] Sub-notebooks with GNU/Linux Boosted by ARM

[News] Sub-notebooks with ARM and Other GNU/Linux-only Computers

[News] ARM Pleased with GNU/Linux on Its Sub-notebooks

[News] Future of Sub-notebooks May be Linux-only (ARM)

[News] More ARM-based Sub-notebooks (GNU/Linux Only)

[News] A Look at New GNU/Linux Distro (Qubes) and Review of YlmF GNU/Linux OS

[News] Dell Adopt Another GNU/Linux Distribution and Looks Into GNU/Linux-only Devices (ARM)

[News] [Linux] Asustek to Unveil Notebooks Running GNU/Linux
Asustek to showcase bamboo-like leather notebook at Computex Taipei 2007 ,----[ Quote ] | The LVPC notebook will run on Linux OS (operating system), have NAND | flash memory and a 7-inch TFT LCD display, according to a | Chinese-language Digitimes IT Weekly report. `---- http://www.digitimes.com/systems/a20070529PD205.html While the world moves towards mobility, Linux seems to be all over the place. Related: UMPC News : New Linux distro for MIDs to be launched in May. Redflag Mid Linux ,----[ Quote ] | The new distro will have a 500MB footprint, will support | power-saving features, boo...

[News] New Sub-notebook from ASUS Runs GNU/Linux

Web resources about - [News] New ARM Sub-notebooks from China Run Linux, ARM Sees GNU/Linux Future - comp.os.linux.advocacy