[News] New OPhone OS Based on Linux; Nokia's Vision of MeeGo Phones

Marvell to Introduce Wide Array of OPhones Built for the China Market

,----[ Quote ]
| OPhone OS is a mobile operating system that
| runs on the Linux kernel. OPhone OS is
| linux-based smartphone software based on
| open source software and mobile internet
| technologies.
`----

http://asterisk.tmcnet.com/topics/open-source/articles/76363-marvell-introduce-wide-array-ophones-built-the-china.htm

3D mobiles are the future, says Nokia

,----[ Quote ]
| One interesting thing would be more details
| on Nokia's Intel deal to create Linux-based
| MeeGo, but in spite of a question on the
| subject, Harlow refused to be drawn into
| more detail, leaving us still speculating
| as to the scope and impact of the deal.
`----

http://www.t3.com/news/3d-mobiles-are-the-future-says-nokia?=43769

First ELSE Still On Track for Mid-2010 Release

,----[ Quote ]
| To remind you, the First Else is,
| obviously, the first ELSE phone and the OS
| has been designed for one-handed use.  The
| Linux-based OS has gone through several
| revisions with new parts added since the
| last time we saw it, with some honeycomb-
| style effects and a fish-eye magnifying
| lens both on display.
`----

http://www.dialaphone.co.uk/blog/2010/02/22/first-else-still-on-track-for-mid-2010-release/

Recent:

Could Samsung and LiMO turn Google's China row to advantage?

,----[ Quote ]
| Since the smartphone market is so new in
| China, it is not too late for carriers and
| their suppliers to defocus on Android and
| adopt a more fully supported platform like
| Symbian (already embraced by China Mobile) or
| a Linux alternative like LiMO (very friendly
| to the Chinese operators' aims to control and
| customize their content and user experience).
`----

http://www.rethink-wireless.com/2010/01/20/could-samsung-limo-googles-china-row-advantage.htm

0
newsgroups3 (79677)

[News] Nokia's Linux-based N900 a "resounding success"; Dell's Linux Phone is Reviewed, Coming Soon

[News] Motorola's Older Linux Phones Live on, TomTom's Linux Devices Improve

[News] Palm's Linux-based OS Bound to Improve

[News] A Look at Nokia's New Linux-based Qt Extended

[News] Laptop Magazine on Nokia's Linux-powered New Phone

[News] Google's Linux-based Desktop OS Rumoured to be Days Away

[News] Google's Chrome OS (Linux) Finds New Fans, Misconceptions Addressed

[News] Another Glimpse at Palm's Secret Linux-based in-development Palm OS II
Yes, Virginia, There is a New Palm OS ,----[ Quote ] | Now, the unnamed new OS that wags have been calling "Nova" or "Palm OS II" | isn't the Linux-based OS that Palm was going to use last year. That product, | the Access Linux Platform, didn't meet Palm's standards, Maes said. | | "There were things in that platform that were focused on a different set of | customers than what we were looking to do, and there were things in that | platform that do not support things we would like to do going forward," Maes | said. `---- http://www.pcmag....

[News] Google's GNU/Linux/KHTML(WK)-based OS Integrates Directly with SaaS

[News] [Linux] Another Company Chooses Linux; Oracle's 'Linux Family' Extends Too
Columbitech Taps SUSE Linux Enterprise From Novell to Help Retailers Reach PCI Compliance and Safeguard Customer Data ,----[ Quote ] | This offering will give retailers PCI compliance by securing all | wireless devices and providing secure wireless access to the | back-end systems. `---- http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20070605005558&newsLang=en Momentum continues for Oracle ,----[ Quote ] | Oracle recently announced that momentum continues to build | around the Oracle Unbreakable Linux Support Program (which includes | supp...

[News] Linux Phones Keep WINNING, Palm's Linux Phone Gets Flash

[News] Review of Nokia's Latest Linux Phone, Dream Phone

[News] Nokia's Symbian Still a Mystery, Nokia's Linux Goes Further with Maemo 5 Preview

[News] [Linux] More Speculations About a Google OS Based on GNU/Linux
Google admits that it is going after Microsoft Office... Is Windows next? ,----[ Quote ] | So that brings us to the obvious question: What about the operating | system? There have been rumors for years about a Google PC and/or | Google OS that was based on Linux and aimed at providing a simple, | intuitive desktop for the masses. Naturally, that Google PC would | primarily be an Internet terminal that features Google's online | applications. `---- http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/hiner/?p=465 Still getting slapped for spyware (Dell) and news aggregators... Google stands firm behind N...

[News] Reasons to Embrace GNU/Linux at OS X's and Windows' Expense

[News] Nokia's Linux Emphasis to Further Refine Linux Components

[News] Google's OEM Success with Linux Shows Why Microsoft+Their Analysts Can't Help FUDing Chrome OS

[News] [Linux] Palm's First Linux-based Treo Leaked?
Next-gen Palm Treo spied on web... twice ,----[ Quote | Pictures of what is claimed to be Palm's next-gen Treo smart phone | have begun to appear on the web to reveal a device that looks a lot | like Creative's Zen Vision:M media player. `---- http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2007/06/11/new_treo_sighted/ No word about the O/S, but it's expected to be Linux. Related: After the Treo 755p, whither the Palm OS? ,----[ Quote ] | New device uses Garnet OS, but future of old operating system | unclear in light of Palm's impending switch to Linux-based platform `---- http://www.i...

[News] New Releases of GNU/Linux: Salix OS, KahelOS, Berry Linux

Web resources about - [News] New OPhone OS Based on Linux; Nokia's Vision of MeeGo Phones - comp.os.linux.advocacy