[News] On the Web, No Free Software Would Mean Problems

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

0
Reply Roy 3/18/2010 1:19:42 PM

See related articles to this posting

comp.os.linux.advocacy 118402 articles. 12 followers. Post

[News] CNN Uses Free Software, Web Getting Filled Free Software

[News] Free Software Does Not Mean Cheap Software

[News] Free Software Means Free Market at Its Best

[News] Free Software Expands on the Web, More Software Comes

[News] Voice Enabled by Free Software and Web-based Software

[News] Free Software Infrastructure for Web-based Software, Django on Jython

[News] More Software Turns to Free Software Licensing, Web Services (/SaaS) Also

[News] Free Software Address the Problem of Microsoft Software 'Communism'
The problem with the computer industry under capitalism - Free Software the answer? ,----[ Quote ] | The true significance of the free software model is a political one. | Thousands of computer programmers all over the world work together on a | common project and they share their computer code in order to arrive at a | good product that everybody is able to use. It shows in practice that even in | this capitalist world it is possible to collaborate rather than be in | competition with each other. It shows that it is a myth that people will only | do things for money or for profit. ...

[News] Large Web Site Dumps Proprietary Software for Linux and Free Software
Drupal Content Management Platform Has Been Chosen By Ulitzer ,----[ Quote ] | Ulitzer is looking for talent who will work on the conversion of its | proprietary CMS to a new, open source, LAMP-based system. `---- http://iphone.sys-con.com/read/468350_p.htm Related: Nuxeo peddles open source ECM ,----[ Quote ] | Open source enterprise content management player Nuxeo has announced version | 5.1 of its open source ECM platform with a focus on SOA, scalability, and | support.   `---- http://www.cbronline.com/article_news.asp?guid=BB6E3688-5EE8-4A1B-BEB8-62AF1BCF899D Drupal: fro...

[News] The Meaning of Free Software and Its Importance

[News] Free Software Does Not Mean Non-profit

[News] More Free Software on the Web, Even in VMware

[News] Free Software Spreading Everywhere on The Web

[News] Web Video Opened up by Free Software

[News] Web Services Built with Free Software (Enomaly)
Enomaly: An Open Source Cloud For the Enterprise ,----[ Quote ] | Enomaly is trying to sell big business on its open-source cloud management | and provisioning software by renaming it and packaging it with | enterprise-level support, a model popularized by Red Hat. The software, | formerly known as Enomalism, will now use the Enomaly Elastic Computing | Platform as its new moniker. The software sits between the servers and | applications, allocating virtual resources to programs when they need them. | Others offering similar management software include RightScale, Elastra and | 3Tera....

[News] Free Software Prepares to Benefit from Shifts to Web

[News] Free Software Helps Mitigate Vuvuzela Problem

[News] Free/Libre Web Software Appears Commonplace

[News] Using the Web as a Tool to Profit from Free Software
Beyond Support/Service: Making More Money from Open Source ,----[ Quote ] | If I were an investor, then, one interested in how open source firms can make | even more money, I’d investigate the possibility of delivering value added | services online. It may not be the only answer to the question, but it’s the | one with the most promise as far as I’m concerned. `---- http://redmonk.com/sogrady/2007/08/20/more_money/ Related: So what is open source code? ,----[ Quote ] | The drawbacks are that there is not as much money in open source development. | Money can be made, but it is easi...

[News] Free Software Used by Most Developers and Powers the Web

[News] Advantage of Free Software in Web Design is Explained

[News] SaaS/Web is Dominated by Free Software/Linux

[News] How Openness and Free Software Help the Web

[News] Free Software Means Profit, Little Expenses