[News] Open Source SpringSource Grows Bigger With Acquisition

SpringSource to Acquire GemStone Systems Data Management Technology

http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site/home/permalink/?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20100506006740&newsLang=en

SpringSource To Acquire GemStone Data Management

,----[ Quote ]
| Another week, another important announcement.
| The SpringSource division of VMware today
| announced that we have entered into a
| definitive agreement to acquire GemStone
| Systems, a leader in data grid technology.
`----

http://blog.springsource.com/2010/05/06/springsource-gemstone/

Recent:

VMware SpringSources for open source Rabbit

,----[ Quote ]
| Rabbit Technolgies CEO Alexis Richardson
| tells us that the company's open source
| messaging system, dubbed RabbitMQ, is used
| by NASA's Nebula project, a private
| infrastructure cloud that will apparently be
| used to power applications across the US
| federal government.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/04/13/springsource_buys_open_source_rabbit/

Talend Launches Industry’s First Unified Data Management Platform

,----[ Quote ]
| Talend, the recognized market leader in open
| source data management software, today
| announced the release of Talend 4.0, a
| significant milestone for the company and
| the data integration market.
`----

http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site/home/permalink/?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20100413005596&newsLang=en

SpringSource Acquires RabbitMQ Cloud Messaging Technology

,----[ Quote ]
| SpringSource, a division of VMware, Inc.
| (NYSE:VMW) and the leader in Java
| application infrastructure and management,
| today announced the acquisition by VMware of
| Rabbit Technologies, Ltd., an open source
| software company based in the United
| Kingdom. SpringSource will add the RabbitMQ
| open messaging system into its suite of
| technologies that reduce the complexity
| associated with development, deployment and
| management of enterprise applications. Terms
| of the deal were not disclosed.
`----

http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site/home/permalink/?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20100413005673&newsLang=en

0
Roy
5/8/2010 4:56:20 PM
comp.os.linux.advocacy 120650 articles. 14 followers. Post Follow

[News] More Good News for Linux-based Handset Devices
Esmertec And Yuhua TelTech Set New Benchmark With 1-stop Solution For Linux-Based Mobile Devices ,----[ Quote ] | Esmertec announced that Yuhua TelTech, a Chinese Independent Design | House (IDH) for mobile devices, has chosen Esmertec's 1-stop solution | for its Linux-based platform for mobile devices and smart phones. The | platform will be shipped on Linux-based handset devices for the | European and Chinese market at the end of December 2006. `---- http://linux.sys-con.com/read/310276_p.htm Linux is becoming big in China's mobile industry. It is disruptive enough to have had Bal...

[News] [Rival] More Microsoft Lawsuits, Antitrust

[News] Zenwalk Linux Pleases Reviewer
Zenwalk 4.8 Review ,----[ Quote ] | I am just in love with xfce based distributions; they are fast, simple and | elegant and Zenwalk is no exception. It has a really good control center and | out-of-box multimedia support. `---- http://simplyjat.blogspot.com/2007/11/zenwalk-48-review.html Related: Releases : Zenwalk 4.8 is ready ,----[ Quote ] | The Zenwalk Team is happy to announce the Zenwalk 4.8 release. | | After several release-candidates, it seems that we are ready for a very | stable release. Overall, testers have found Zenwalk 4.8 the fastest version | ever.   `---- ...

[News] Macs are Great... Linux Boxes
Mac Mini becomes Linux-based IP PBX ,----[ Quote ] | An East German company will soon begin selling an IP-PBX setup based | on a Mac Mini running Linux. 4S Newcom's iBlue package comes with an | iPod Shuffle that acts as a boot device for the Mac Mini, plus five | Linux-based VoIP phones. `---- http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS8680369796.html Linus argues that while the hardware/box looks attractive, it is actually a PITA to work with (its firmware). On Tue, 17 Oct 2006 07:55:01 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote: > Mac Mini becomes Linux-based IP PBX > > ,----[ Quote ] >| An...

News about SAS
Dear SAS Users, The user acceptance testing period has been completed without any problems reported. Please make sure you do not leave any SAS processes running overnight or scheduled to be run overnight as Darin will be switching us to the new machine tonight or early tomorrow morning. This will be transparent, your usual sas8 and sas6 command will now run on the new machine. If you should get a message asking to validate the 'host' abraham .... just say 'yes'! Happy SAS'ing on our smaller, faster machine.... I will be on vacation tomorrow, please let the help desk kno...

[News] IBM Thinkpads Sold with SUSE Linux, Full Support Included
This relates to Lenovo's recent annoncement. ThinkPad--now with Suse Linux ,----[ Quote ] | In addition, Lenovo will provide Linux support for the laptop, | including drivers and its ThinkVantage technologies found on ThinkPad | loaded with Microsoft's Windows operating system, he said. `---- http://news.com.com/2100-1005_3-6105543.html?part=rss&tag=6105543&subj=news ...

[News] AlwaysOn 100 Innovators Choose MySQL
MySQL Used By Majority Of "AlwaysOn 100" Innovators ,----[ Quote ] | It is no coincidence that the majority of these "Hot 100" start-ups are | using the MySQL open source database to power their IT infrastructure, | Web sites and products. `---- http://sourcewire.com/releases/rel_display.php?relid=26506&hilite= ...

Re: DECnet positively in the news #2
Bob Koehler <koehler@EISNER.NOSPAM.ENCOMPASSERVE.ORG> writes ... >[...] > > You may already be aware of this, but DECnet is available on Linux - > > http://linux-decnet.sourceforge.net/index.html > > DECnet is available on just about everything. I can't remember the > last time I had a system that I couldn't get Phase IV for. (Maybe > it was my DECSYSTEM 20's before Phase IV shipped?) I have some consolation for those not as fortunate as Mr. Koehler (e.g. not as well-funded, or simply lacking the time to install DECnet, or even using so...

[News] Nimblex GNU/Linux Customised for Users via the Web

[VERY ot] WEB sources of middle school MATH word problems
Why post here? 1. If you weren't good at restating and solving you wouldn't be here ;) 2. Many are parent/grand-parent/.... 3. I'm an >60 bachelor needing help whose mother threatened him with "kids JUST like him" :) I'm attempting to tutor a 15 yro ADHD male who has TOO GOOD A MEMORY. [ He remembers _answers_ teacher got when solving homework for class. He _DOES NOT_ remember process. ] I've done some *PRELIMINARY* Google searches. [ And just in case someone else is going in this direction, I like http://mathforum.org/d...

[News] When You Use Microsoft Windows, You Share Your Desktop with Feds
German government sees itself in good company with online searches ,----[ Quote ] | The spyware then sent information on all internet connections and websites | visited to the FBI, who then arrested the pupil. However, in contrast to the | planned procedure in Germany, CIPAV does not transfer the content of | communications or files. `---- http://www.heise.de/english/newsticker/news/94988/from/rss09 Related: FBI ducks questions about its remotely installed spyware ,----[ Quote ] | There are plenty of unanswered questions about the FBI spyware that, as we | reported earlier this we...

Have you heard the GOOD NEWS?
http://www3.boxke.net << click link for the good news google_groups_usa@yahoo.com wrote: > <snip> << click link for the good news Someone has created a DWIM compiler? [clicks link] Bill, never mind. -- http://billpg.me.uk/ usenet(at)billpg(dot)me(dot)uk ...

[News] [Linux] Novell Answers Tough Questions on Microsoft IP
Novell sheds (a little) more light on its patent access deal ,----[ Quote ] | Q. How does Microsoft promising not sue Novell customers gives | Novell engineers sanctioned access to Microsoft code? | | [...] | | In fact, I would suggest that the answer to the first question makes it | clear that the patent access granted by the technical collaboration | agreement and the patent covenant not to sue customers are completely | unrelated. | | It certainly appears to be at odds with Steinman's earlier statement: "the | intellectual property agreement provided a foundation for the | in...

LONG [News Digest] Linux News Digest for the 24hrs preceding 09-10-07
In today's digest, we have: * Linux Myths Get Broken and Windows Realities Revealed * Novell Gets Greedy (Wants OpenOffice.org for Itself) * [Rival] Resource Hogs and Faulty Computers from Proprietary Vendors * [Rival] Bringing Windows 'Reliability' to People's Health Verdicts * Video: xwinwrap Does Animated Backgrounds in Linux * IBM Chooses Linux in New Google Collaboration * Big New Release for Granular Linux (Granular FunWorks 2007) * Open Source Approach Shows Its Advantage; Radiohead Takes the Open Route * [Rival] The Rob Enderle Bozo Gets ...

Python-URL!
QOTW: "I still want to keep compile time type checking to make sure I don't make any mistakes." "Sounds like you want two wives, but I'm pretty sure polygamy gets a checkbox in the naughty category on Santa's list" -- George Jempty (commenting on "Dear Open Source Santa," by Paul Browne) http://www.oreillynet.com/onjava/blog/2006/12/dear_open_source_santa.html#comment-384244 "But if you care to give it a closer look, you may understand that Python's main advantage is not seizable by feature and performance charts." -- Soni ...

[News] The MAFIAA and Jammie Thomas Unable to Settle

[News] Open Source Impact in Networking
Getting Over the Love-Hate Dynamic With Open Standards ,----[ Quote ] | While the number of companies installing all-SIP or all-open source | networks continues to grow, it's clear that the overall market | has not gotten over this love-hate relationship with open standards. `---- http://www.technewsworld.com/story/55830.html Still looking for the lockin while peers and customers prefer openness. Open Source Network Configuration Management ,----[ Quote ] | Open source projects have had a significant impact in areas such | as operating systems (Linux), databases (MySQL), web applicat...

[News] Microsoft Munchkinds Are Officially Criminals

Good news and bad news!!
The Bad news is i am an IT Recruiter......The good news is that i have a great role for a developer with strong Python skills. Ideally along with that they will have Java and either an understanding of Agile development or experience in using Ruby. =A335 - =A345k, London Contact me for more information 01189897601 grant@connectionsrecruit.co.uk grant.bodie@gmail.com wrote: > The Bad news is i am an IT Recruiter......The good news is that i have > a great role for a developer with strong Python skills. > > Ideally along with that they will have Java and either an understanding...

[News] Free Software Business Shows Signs of Growth in Bad Economy

[News] GNU/Linux faces challenges as it goes mainstream
Where does Linux go from here? ..---- | Linux is now mainstream -- so mainstream, in fact, that two of | the top three Linux distributions are commercially successful | operations, and the third aims to be. Every day, more and more | old-school IT firms shake off their initial doubts, get in line | behind their customers, and try Linux and other free software | projects. In the face of such success, will Linux remain true to | its free software ideals and to the community which created it? Or | will it morph into a corporate byproduct, driven by the bottom | line, and complacent with all f...

[News] [Rival] Red Hat Takes Switzerland to Court Over Microsoft Corruption

This news group is in violatation of Patents.
Please visit my website, and pay with pay pal for use of this news group, and I will give you a 30 hour license. Cost you only $1000.00 US Flapping lips add-on is $200.00 US The web site address is www.yourscrewed.com. Thank you. There is a hoop for you to jump though up there ^ -- Sinister Midget & Roy Culley == Trolls for trying to silence with insults rather than prove a point or admit to a lie. DFS==Closet homo, why else does he give so many makeup tips to gay guys. On Fri, 2005-07-15 at 08:29 -0700, tab wrote: > Please visit my website, and pay with pay pal > for use of...

[News] More Signs of Growth for Linux
Linux Support Packages Speed OEM Development http://www.elecdesign.com/Articles/Index.cfm?AD=1&ArticleID=16623 LINUX & UNIX NOW SUPPORTED BY SERVERASSIST http://www.serverassist.com/pressreleases/LinuxUnix.asp What Is it About Linux? ,----[ Quote ] | Linux has survived dark threats by companies that claimed original rights to | it and by others who claimed that they had found their own misappropriated | source code in the listings and whose legal action would bring this whole | unruly gaggle of software fanatics to heel and impose respectable fees. `---- http://www.rtcmagaz...

TuxMobil News 02/2004
Hello, the TuxMobil News digest for February 2004[1] has good news for Linux PDA, mobile phone and laptop users. Here is an extract of the most important messages. Werner Heuser |=| dillo the extremely small Web browser for PDAs and embedded devices has released a new version (0.8.0)[2]. This promissing project is looking for sponsors. |=| OPIE 1.0.3 for SHARP-ROM 3.1 and derivatives has been released[3]. The Opie PIM applications will replace the original Sharp apps but uses its own "old" data format (applies to Sharp ROM 3.1x an...