[News] Palm's Linux-based OS Bound to Improve

0
newsgroups3 (79677)

[News] Another Glimpse at Palm's Secret Linux-based in-development Palm OS II
Yes, Virginia, There is a New Palm OS ,----[ Quote ] | Now, the unnamed new OS that wags have been calling "Nova" or "Palm OS II" | isn't the Linux-based OS that Palm was going to use last year. That product, | the Access Linux Platform, didn't meet Palm's standards, Maes said. | | "There were things in that platform that were focused on a different set of | customers than what we were looking to do, and there were things in that | platform that do not support things we would like to do going forward," Maes | said. `---- http://www.pcmag....

[News] [Linux] Palm's First Linux-based Treo Leaked?
Next-gen Palm Treo spied on web... twice ,----[ Quote | Pictures of what is claimed to be Palm's next-gen Treo smart phone | have begun to appear on the web to reveal a device that looks a lot | like Creative's Zen Vision:M media player. `---- http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2007/06/11/new_treo_sighted/ No word about the O/S, but it's expected to be Linux. Related: After the Treo 755p, whither the Palm OS? ,----[ Quote ] | New device uses Garnet OS, but future of old operating system | unclear in light of Palm's impending switch to Linux-based platform `---- http://www.i...

[News] Motorola's Older Linux Phones Live on, TomTom's Linux Devices Improve

[News] Why Palm's Linux-based Foleo Has Room in Today's Market

[News] Nokia's Linux-based N900 a "resounding success"; Dell's Linux Phone is Reviewed, Coming Soon

[News] Google's Linux-based Desktop OS Rumoured to be Days Away

[News] New OPhone OS Based on Linux; Nokia's Vision of MeeGo Phones

[News] Google's GNU/Linux/KHTML(WK)-based OS Integrates Directly with SaaS

[News] [Linux] Another Company Chooses Linux; Oracle's 'Linux Family' Extends Too
Columbitech Taps SUSE Linux Enterprise From Novell to Help Retailers Reach PCI Compliance and Safeguard Customer Data ,----[ Quote ] | This offering will give retailers PCI compliance by securing all | wireless devices and providing secure wireless access to the | back-end systems. `---- http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20070605005558&newsLang=en Momentum continues for Oracle ,----[ Quote ] | Oracle recently announced that momentum continues to build | around the Oracle Unbreakable Linux Support Program (which includes | supp...

[News] Palm Finds a Linux That it Likes, Linux-based 'Laptop Killer' Coming This Summer
Palm Foleo to use Wind River Linux ,----[ Quote ] | Wind River said that over the coming months, it will work with Palm to port | the Foleo's software stack to Wind River's Platform for Consumer Devices, | Linux Edition. `---- http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS6844359014.html Related: Palm Foleo with Linux threatens the Laptop ,----[ Quote ] | The Palm Foleo is joining a list of MID (Mobile Internet Devices) like the | Nokia N800 and Asus Eee that use a lightweight version of Linux but the main | advantage of the Foleo is its instant on feature.  While traditional “L...

[News] [Linux] More Speculations About a Google OS Based on GNU/Linux
Google admits that it is going after Microsoft Office... Is Windows next? ,----[ Quote ] | So that brings us to the obvious question: What about the operating | system? There have been rumors for years about a Google PC and/or | Google OS that was based on Linux and aimed at providing a simple, | intuitive desktop for the masses. Naturally, that Google PC would | primarily be an Internet terminal that features Google's online | applications. `---- http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/hiner/?p=465 Still getting slapped for spyware (Dell) and news aggregators... Google stands firm behind N...

[News] Reasons to Embrace GNU/Linux at OS X's and Windows' Expense

[News] Google's OEM Success with Linux Shows Why Microsoft+Their Analysts Can't Help FUDing Chrome OS

[News] Palm OS (Renamed "Garnet OS") and a Linux Future
Palm OS Clings To Life ,----[ Quote ] | Access, a mobile software company in Japan that acquired PalmSource, | the maker of the Palm OS, plans to introduce in the first half of | this year its Access Linux Platform, which will include an emulation | layer for running Palm OS-based applications. The company this week | announced it's renaming all products that originally had Palm-based | names. The first product to be renamed is Palm OS, which will be | known as Garnet OS. `---- http://www.crn.com/sections/infrastructure/infrastructure.jhtml?articleId=197000527 -- List of candidate M...

[News] Asustek's Linux-based Televisions, Growing Linux Presence

Any IDE's available for Palm OS development under Linux?
After struggling for hours to get J2ME working in JBuilder 9, then discovering that there is no real support for PDA's (forms, buttons, etc.), I'm looking for an IDE that will allow me to develop Palm OS apps under Linux. So far I haven't found any. -Thanks ...

[News] Palm's Linux-based Phones is Sought After

[News] Google's Mobile Linux Platform Has Advantage, Collaboration with Linux-based TomTom
The significance of Google’s Android ,----[ Quote ] | Much like SavaJe (now Sun’s Java FX Mobile), Android is a Java SE -like | platform built on a Linux kernel, but more importantly one where the Java | platform is deeply integrated with the underlying Linux support package. In | other words, the Java SE-like platform is a native application platform for | Android phones. Symbian may arrogantly dismiss Android as yet another Linux | initiative, but the breadth and depth of Java APIs is something Symbian never | managed to get right. And unlike the FX Mobile platform, Android has sever...

[News] [Linux] Palm's Linux Device (Foleo) Already Earns Industry Support
Pair of Palm ISVs promise Foleo ports ,----[ Quote ] | Two ISVs (independent software vendors) have announced plans to port | their commercial applications to Palm's forthcoming Linux- and | ARM-based miniature laptop. `---- http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS3040432303.html Related: Q&A: Palm's founder answers the Foleo's critics ,----[ Quote ] | It [Linux] allowed us to do everything we wanted to do. I wouldn't have put | Windows Mobile or something on this. Because I wouldn't have been able | to build the product I wanted. I couldn't have made the inst...

[News] Linux Phones Keep WINNING, Palm's Linux Phone Gets Flash

[News] [Linux] Palm's Muchly-anticipated Gizmo Runs GNU/Linux Indeed
Palm's new gizmo is... ,----[ Quote ] | The device, at about $500, is priced closely to low-end laptops. | | [...] | | # 5 hours of workable battery life, and the charger is cell phone-size, | not a giant laptop brick. | # Weighs under 2.5 pounds, and is less than an inch thick. | # No touch pad -- uses a pointer like a Thinkpad. | # It runs Linux. | # All solid-state, of course, no hard disk. `---- http://news.com.com/8301-10784_3-9723725-7.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20 Previously: Hawkin's New Device Expected Next Week ,----[ Quote ] | The earliest indic...

[News] Palm's Linux-based Operating System Out Soon

Web resources about - [News] Palm's Linux-based OS Bound to Improve - comp.os.linux.advocacy

Text-based internet on TI-Nspire Linux - YouTube
Challenge completed. Graphics based internet coming up soon. (I didn't demonstrate it here but there's also an SSH server running in the background ...

Start-up Threat Stack aims to protect Linux-based clouds from hackers
Start-up Threat Stack says it's making its hacker-detection for the cloud software available for controlled beta testing this week, with general ...

NSA releases Linux-based open source infosec tool
Aims to avoid duplication of effort for govt agencies.

Dell adds Pluribus, brings Linux-based OS to its data center switches
Dell has added Pluribus Networks to its lineup of disaggregation partners.

Project Magenta is Linux-based mobile OS that aims to replicate iOS on generic hardware
... details, here’s what little is known about this Open Source Magenta Project: Magenta is an implementation of Darwin/BSD on top of the Linux ...

Linux-based HP Mini Mi ships with command line disabled
Linux is hitting the consumer product big time but while doing so, it's hiding …

Nokia: Linux-Based Smart Phone Takes On The iPhone
... can take on the Apple (AAPL) iPhone ? This morning, the company launched a new model called the N900 which is based on the company’s Linux ...

Dell releases Linux-based XPS 13 Developer Edition ultrabook
... for debugging, installing drivers, making configurations and other things before you pull the plug. Or, if you want a great Linux-based ultrabook ...

Valve unveils SteamOS – a free, Linux-based gaming platform for the living room
... is likely the operating system that will run Valve's hardware — SteamOS. Steam's first-party, stand-alone operating system will be Linux-based ...

Linux Based Devices - Business Insider
We talked to Jim Zemlin, executive director of the Linux Foundation.