[News] Palm's 'Nova Linux' in the Making, Archos Made Linux-based Flexible

Palm Codenames Linux-Based Palm OS II Nova

,----[ Quote ]
| Now comes word from Palm Infocenter that the PDA pioneer not only has yet
| another, third, smartphone in the works, but that that device is being used
| to test its long-delayed Linux-based follow up to the Palm OS, which now has
| an internal codename of its own.
`----

http://www.smartphonetoday.com/articles/2008/1/2008-1-11-Palm-Codenames-Linux.html

Archos 605 WiFi Linux hack

,----[ Quote ]
| Personally, I think the Archos 605 WiFi is a cool enough gadget on its own,
| but there's always something to be said for hacking a gadget just to explore
| the possibilities.
`----

http://crave.cnet.com/8301-1_105-9848934-1.html

Related:

Run the Palm OS on your Nokia Internet Tablet

,----[ Quote ]
| The Garnet VM Beta for Nokia Nseries was created by ACCESS, who is the
| company that bought PalmSource. You can now run virtually all your favorite
| Palm OS applications on the Nokia Internet Tablets and I can’t wait to try
| out a few of my favorite apps.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/mobile-gadgeteer/?p=683

30,000 Palm apps coming to Nokia webpads

Palm Says Foleo 2 Still on Track

,----[ Quote ]
| Palm FoleoAccording to the Wireless Week industry trade journal, a new
| version of the cancelled Foleo Mobile Companion running on Palm's
| next-generation Linux OS is still very much in Palm’s future product plans...
`----

http://www.palminfocenter.com/news/8197/palm-says-foleo-2-still-on-track/

Palm shakes hands with Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Back to the Palm and Linux. Now that I have the Palm working in Debian and
| Ubuntu/Xubuntu, I'm pretty happy, and I'll probably be using my
| Debian-equipped 233 MHz Compaq laptop a bit less. There's something about
| hitting a button on the Palm and being able to write within a half-second
| that totally works for me.
`----

http://www.insidesocal.com/click/2007/09/palm_shakes_hands_with_linux.html

The Linux-based Archos 604

,----[ Quote ]
| Geeks.com sent us in one of their consumer electronics, the Linux-based
| Archos 604 PMP for a whirl, and we surely gave it one. This 30 GB PMP is the
| fourth generation video product from Archos, one of the biggest names in that
| market.
`----

http://www.osnews.com/story.php/18948/The-Linux-based-Archos-604/

Archos über wireless movie player rides in

,----[ Quote ]
| French media-player maker Archos has begun selling what it claims is
| the only handheld video player with a 7in display and wireless
| connectivity, all for just $550 (£286/420 Euro).
`----

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2007/03/07/archos_unveils_704_wifi/

Archos 705 "Mobile DVR" with WiFi unveiled, thanks FCC

,----[ Quote ]
| Very little is known about the functionality so far, but that whole
| "Mobile DVR" tag on the name could imply that Archos is packing a
| bit more TV-centric functionality into the device -- rumors have
| mentioned the possibility of a built-in TV tuner -- or perhaps just
| trying to position the same old, same old a tad bit better in the market.
`----

http://www.engadget.com/2007/02/07/archos-705-mobile-dvr-with-wifi-unveiled-thanks-fcc/
http://tinyurl.com/369w4z

Linux-Based Mobile TV Phone: Courtesy CyberLink, Compal

,----[ Quote ]
| The phone offers high-performance and low power consumption.
|
| CyberLink Corp. and Compal Communications Inc (CCI), a mobile
| device manufacturer, have released a mobile TV phone design supporting
| DVB-H and GSM services running on the Linux platform.
`----

http://www.efytimes.com/efytimes/fullnews.asp?edid=14195
0
newsgroups3 (79677)