[News] Reasons to Embrace GNU/Linux at OS X's and Windows' Expense

Pros and Cons of the Major Operating Systems

,----[ Quote ]
| Dean Walden is an avid internet user, watcher,
| promoter, website builder and researcher. The
| Ubuntu version of the Linux operating system is
| easy to use if you can use Windows.
`----

http://linux.bihlman.com/2010/02/15/pros-and-cons-of-the-major-operating-systems/

Should You Switch From Microsoft To Linux?

,----[ Quote ]
| 4. Usability
|
| Another of the keys of your future success is
| the fact than many issues are already resolved
| due to the widespread use of desktop
| environments KDE and GNOME. There are other
| options in this segment, of course, but both
| alternatives have proved to be very valid in
| this field.
|
| 5. Price
|
| Of course, this is a key to the implementation
| of Linux in an enterprise. Although there are
| free versions, often corporate usage imposes a
| charge that is associated with a contract for
| tech support and such.
`----

http://www.ozcarguide.com/business-money/business-technology/703-business-switching-to-linux-os-microsoft

Recent:

Android Gaining on Microsoft?

,----[ Quote ]
| In fact, Financial Times reporter Chris
| Nuttall claims, Android could soon emerge
| as the major smartphone that isn't the
| iPhone. Android systems now operate on 12
| different phones with 32 phone carriers
| supporting them around the world. And
| Motorola, HTC, and Samsung are all busy
| developing their own Android-based
| handsets.
`----

http://www.thebigmoney.com/blogs/feeling-lucky/2009/10/26/android-gaining-microsoft

0
newsgroups3 (79677)

[News] GNU/Linux Claimed Better Than Mac OS X, Vista's Dim View Leads to Linux
Why Mac OS X Sucks and Linux Rocks ,----[ Quote ] | For now, I decided to quit using Leopard (except when I want to take funny | and distorted pictures), and I am more determined than ever in making Linux | (Xubuntu) fully compatible with my Macbook Pro. You may ask why I think Linux | rocks. `---- http://www.junauza.com/2008/04/why-mac-os-x-sucks-and-linux-rocks.html With Vista's View Getting Dimmer, Should You Give Linux A Chance? ,----[ Quote ] | Ease of use. WHAT!?! Ease of use? Yes. I've said it now. It's easy to use. CD | based install (or even one that will go ove...

[News] Google's Role in Promoting Linux at Symbian's and Windows' Expense

[News] If Windows is a Copy of the Competition, Whose OS is GNU/Linux a 'Copy' of?

[News] GNU/Linux Gaining at Windows' Expense Even Where It's Scarce (Taiwan)

[News] Microsoft's Linux 'Sellouts' Lose to Truly Free GNU/Linux
The World Series of Linux: Round 1 ,----[ Quote ] | But, clearly, Ubuntu shined. It has earned the right to play in the | championship round of The World Series of Linux. The next round will | determine its opponent, as the RPM Round pits SLED 10, Fedora 7 and PCLinuxOS | to compete to pick the best out of those distributions. `---- http://www.crn.com/software/204802194 Guess who lost here? Xandros and Linspire. Here is OpenSUSE losing: First Kubuntu Impressions ,----[ Quote ] | Well, seems like Kubuntu is the clear winner for professional users and also | for enthusiasts. For begi...

[News] Microsoft Jack 'Forgets' Mac OS X and GNU/Linux Even Exist
XP is dead - so don't plan on avoiding Windows 7 http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2008/apr/17/microsoft.windows Just carrying the same message as all those other shills including Forrester: "you can't use /anything/ but Windows". It's the New Big Lie. Forrester is just the latest troop in this propaganda round. Recent: [Microsoft Jack:] Hate America? Use open source! ,----[ Quote ] | Red Hat's boss says he's benefiting from America's unpopularity in the rest | of the world `---- http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/technology/2008/03/26/hate_america_use_o...

RE: Obsucure Inquier article about Intel mentions VMS (and not any other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other
> -----Original Message----- > From: JF Mezei [mailto:jfmezei.spamnot@teksavvy.com]=20 > Sent: October 11, 2004 11:45 PM > To: Info-VAX@Mvb.Saic.Com > Subject: Re: Obsucure Inquier article about Intel mentions=20 > VMS (and not any other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS')=20 > other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other=20 > OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other=20 >=20 > "Main, Kerry" wrote: > > Course, there are many ways to offer differen...

[News] Apple's Mac OS X is Being Dumped for GNU/Linux Desktops

RE: Obsucure Inquier article about Intel mentions VMS (and not any other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS')
> -----Original Message----- > From: Soterro [mailto:soterroatyahoocom@address.hp.com]=20 > Sent: October 11, 2004 9:43 AM > To: Info-VAX@Mvb.Saic.Com > Subject: Re: Obsucure Inquier article about Intel mentions=20 > VMS (and not any other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS')=20 > other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') >=20 > Main, Kerry wrote: > >>From: John Smith [mailto:a@nonymous.com]=20 > >>You aren't directly to blame for this and I know you'd like=20 > >>to keep your > &...

[News] User Leaves Apple's OS X, Rejects Windows, Chooses Linux
Why I'll Never Switch Back from Linux to Mac... Maybe ,----[ Quote ] | And so a Linux user was born. As I mentioned in my article "Why I Switched | From Mac To Windows To Linux," the switch to Linux, while certainly requiring | a bit of learning, was fairly painless. `---- http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/321868/why_ill_never_switch_back_from_linux.html Related: [Mark Pilgrim and Tim Bray Move from Mac to Linux] ,----[ Quote ] | Early this month, Mark Pilgrim made waves when he went shopping for a | new Mac, but decided not to buy one, and, in When the bough bre...

[News] Mac OS X Dumped For GNU/Linux Because It's Better (Not Just Libre)

[News] GNU/Linux Desktop Experience Beats Apple's Mac OS X

[News] 'Innovating' X for Windows and 'Supporting' Linux
Hardware thin-client turns XP Home, Linux into 10-user terminal server ,----[ Quote ] | In any case, this is interesting technology, and it supports Linux as well, | which is kind of an irony because the X protocol was created to do just that, | display GUIs -local or remote- over TCP/IP. `---- http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2007/10/15/hardware-thin-client-for-xp-home-and-linux ...

Web resources about - [News] Reasons to Embrace GNU/Linux at OS X's and Windows' Expense - comp.os.linux.advocacy