[News] RevLin OS -- Based on GNU/Linux -- is Launched

RevLin OS: Would You Use It?

,----[ Quote ]
| We've just got an email which points out that
| there is going work for a new operating
| system called RevLin OS. This is more of an
| announcement, because there are no downloads
| available for now, so I couldn't test it. But
| I really liked the concept - I must say that
| it sounds much better than Chrome OS, so I
| decided to share this news with you. Why
| better than Chrome OS? Read on!
`----

http://www.webupd8.org/2010/01/revlin-os-would-you-use-it.html

A Round of Thoughts

,----[ Quote ]
| RevLin OS sounds promising. It may be the bit
| of "new" that the *nix world needs, and it
| may wake all the freetards up. Essentially,
| it's a reworking of the Linux kernel that
| keeps the driver framework, and has the same
| system calls. This makes it binary compatible
| with Linux, while not suffering from the size
| and complexity issues of Linux (or so we hope
| since it hasn't been released yet).
| Currently, it is unclear whether or not this
| monster will use X11 or some other display
| framework, but we know that the GUI can be
| scripted with JS, HTML, and CSS. This would
| no doubt start a flurry of distro building by
| the FOSS community, and within a year or so
| someone would have RevLin running his
| toaster.
`----

http://elevenislouder.blogspot.com/2010/01/round-of-thoughts.html

Recent:

Interview: Chrome OS Zero’s Hexxeh

,----[ Quote ]
| From Chrome OS Diet to Cherry and now the
| latest, Zero, Hexxeh has been the primary
| source for Chrome OS build releases ever
| since Google released the Chromium code to
| the masses in November. They’ve been
| popular mostly because they work with a
| lot of existing hardware, plus the builds
| are small enough to fit on any USB drive.
| We got a chance to ask some questions of
| Hexxeh, who just released Chrome OS Zero a
| few days ago and talks about how he got
| started, future job prospects and some
| technical features in his latest version.
`----

http://www.thechromesource.com/interview-chrome-os-zeros-hexxeh/

0
newsgroups3 (79677)

[News] A Look at New GNU/Linux Distro (Qubes) and Review of YlmF GNU/Linux OS

[News] 6 New Releases of BSD and GNU/Linux: NetBSD, Skolelinux, paldo, PC/OS, Scientific Linux Fermi...

[News] LightCube OS (GNU/Linux Distribution) is Conceived

Web resources about - [News] RevLin OS -- Based on GNU/Linux -- is Launched - comp.os.linux.advocacy

Armoured vehicle-launched bridge - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article includes a list of references , related reading or external links , but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations ...

How NARR8 Successfully Launched On Facebook
I work with NARR8 , a free-to-use application and digital publisher of interactive eBooks. Last month, NARR8 launched its extensive catalog of ...

About two years ago, Greenpeace launched... - Green on Facebook - Facebook
About two years ago, Greenpeace launched a unique and creative campaign urging Facebook to use more clean and renewable energy. The campaign ...

Facebook addresses mobile monetization concerns with stats and reminders about newly launched products ...
Facebook announced today that 14 percent of its total advertising revenue in Q3 came from mobile ads — less than 8 months since the company began ...

Two of our rockets on the pad; my son launched on Dark Matter
jurvetson posted a photo: a perfect flight, cobbled together from materials at hand… Thanks Tom!

Obama Orders Launched Fast and Furious - YouTube
Project Gun Runner (Fast and Furious) was launched under the orders of President Barack Obama with the knowledge of Attorney General Eric Holder. ...

Online fire safety directory launched
... that has encouraged debate on safety standards in the region. DUBAI // An online directory of fire-safety experts in the region has been launched ...

‘Aggressive’ dog fatally shot by police in Kinross, review launched - AdelaideNow Search Search
A SECURITY camera has captured the moment a WA police officer shot a dog dead in Perth’s northern suburbs earlier this week.

Women of Empire exhibition launched
The launch of the Women Of Empire Exhibition 1914-18 was held at The Capital in Bendigo.

Rescue effort launched for kidnapped Nigerian schoolgirls
The Nigerian schoolgirls kidnapped by Boko Haram were taken to a stronghold of the Islamist group, parents said, as security forces pressed on ...