[News] [Rival] "Microsoft Gags its Evangelists", Former Microsoft Employees Expose Microsoft

Microsoft gags its evangelists

http://www.moneylife.in/article/3772.html

Microsoft Tells Loudmouths To Not Tweet Company Secrets

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft is telling some of its biggest fans to
| stay off Twitter for the next few days.
|
| That's because right now Microsoft is holding its
| annual MVP Summit -- a gathering of over 1,000
| people who are, according to Microsoft,
| "committed to helping others get the most out of
| their experience with Microsoft products and
| technologies."
`----

http://www.businessinsider.com/microsoft-tells-loudmouths-to-not-tweet-company-secrets-2010-2

How to get laid off: the Don Dodge approach

http://www.boston.com/business/technology/innoeco/2010/02/how_to_get_laid_off_the_don_do.html

Microsoft Confessions: 'There were a ton of bozos'

,----[ Quote ]

| Do middling, middle managers run Microsoft?
| That's the consensus among the former
| Microsofties who shared their work stories
| with me over the last couple months. The new
| work week starts with another Microsoft
| Confessional -- the fourth in four days --
| from 13-year company veteran Boris, which
| isn't his real name, of course. Boris was
| smart enough to see the end coming, and he
| made preparations in the days before his May
| 2009 layoff. He learned to read middle
| managers the way a genuine fortune teller
| might read tea leaves.
`----

http://www.betanews.com/joewilcox/article/Microsoft-Confessions-There-were-a-ton-of-bozos/1265604434

Microsoft Needs More Traitors

,----[ Quote ]
| Most companies dream of having loyal employees
| and managers. They want people who will follow
| the company strategy and stick to their jobs.
| But at Microsoft, a culture of loyalty has
| turned into slavish devotion to outdated
| strategy, outmoded thinking, and personal
| fiefdoms that today threatens to bring the
| company down.
|
| [...]
|
| Really? Microsoft focused on one narrow
| example and ignored every other criticism —
| the VP in charge of Office refused to adapt
| the product line to tablet computers, poor
| timing on Web TV and MP3 players, lost share
| in key product areas, and the steady exit of
| the company’s smartest employees. Yup, it was
| ignoring significant criticism because that’s
| not part of the program. It would just make
| the people in charge look bad.
|
| Maybe the problem is that many traitors
| already work at Microsoft. They just don’t
| realize it.
`----

http://industry.bnet.com/technology/10005233/microsoft-desperately-needs-traitors/

Microsoft On iTunes In 2003: 'We Were Smoked'

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/02/10/microsoft-on-itunes-in-20_n_456431.html

Related:

Shuttleworth: Microsoft Fracturing the Open-Source Community

,----[ Quote ]
| "That's extortion and we should call it what it is," he said. "To say, as
| [Microsoft CEO Steve] Ballmer did, that there is undisclosed balance sheet
| liability, that's just extortion and we should refuse to get drawn into that
| game. On the other side, if Microsoft is concerned about its intellectual
| property, there is no one in the free software community that wants to
| violate anyone's IP. Disclose the patents and we'll fix the code.
| Alternatively, move on."
|
| Microsoft has said it does disclose which patents are being violated, but
| only in one-on-one conversations with vendors. To Shuttleworth, that is not
| disclosure, because patents are public documents.
`----

http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,2167193,00.asp?kc=EWRSS03129TX1K0000616

[Mark Shuttleworth Interview]

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft is asking people to pay them for patents, but they won't
| say which ones. If a guy walks into a shop and says: "It's an
| unsafe neighbourhood, why don't you pay me 20 bucks and I'll make
| sure you're okay," that's illegal. It's racketeering. What Microsoft
| is doing with intellectual property is exactly the same. It's a great
| company and I have great admiration for it, but this was not a
| well considered position.
|
| So you wouldn't do a deal?
|
| No, absolutely not. But the time will come when the folks at
| Microsoft who have a clear vision for the company as a participant
| in this community, rather than as a hostile antagonist, will win.
`----

http://mybroadband.co.za/nephp/?m=show&id=6672

0
newsgroups3 (79677)

[News] Former Microsoft Evangelist: "Microsoft Sucks"
'Microsoft sucks', says top blogger ,----[ Quote ] | He owes his status to the three years he spent at Microsoft, where | he was given free rein to comment on the company's affairs from the | inside. The Economist magazine has credited Scoble with playing a | significant role in softening the software giant?s former | reputation for monopolistic bullying. `---- http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/industry_sectors/technology/article1529988.ece Just a couple of week ago: Evangelist Gartenberg back to being analyst ,----[ Quote ] | After only three weeks at Microsoft ...

[News] [Rival] Microsoft Has "Critical", "Critical", "Critical", "Critical", "Critical", and "Critical" Flaw

[News] [Rival] School Receives an "Award" from Microsoft for Being Microsoft Recruitment Camp

[News] [Rival] "Linux" a Forbidden Word After Microsoft's "Jihad" Against It (Bill Gates' Words)

[News] [Rival] "Microsoft" and "Vista" Are Fading

[News] Microsoft "Hires Astroturfers" to Combat Linux "Cancer"

[News] [Rival] Business Insider: Microsoft's Still Toast; Daily Finance Gives Microsoft a "C"

[News] Android/Linux is Free, Samsung and LG Pay Microsoft for It (and Complain About Trolls), Microsoft Labeled a "Patent Troll"

[News] Microsoft Magazine on "Crazy Ivan" (Microsoft)
The Crazy Ivan [Microsoft] ,----[ Quote ] | Why is Microsoft cranking the rudder hard over? They aren't talking, but | I'm guessing it comes down to General Public License (GPL) version 3. | GPLv3 is still in the formative stages, but it could prohibit mixed | marriages like the one between Microsoft and Novell. If GPLv3 | happens, Microsoft's lever into the corporate Linux market could | get frozen. Novell (and by extension, Microsoft) will have to comply | with its terms to take advantage of component technologies developed | under the license. Unable to do that, Microsoft...

[News] [Rival] Joe Wilcox Calls Microsoft's Docs.com "the Surest Sign yet of Microsoft's Defeat"

[News] [Rival] "Microsoft Layoffs" All Over the News

[News] Google Chrome OS (Linux) as "Endgame" Against Microsoft

Former Microsoft Exec: Microsoft Has "Become the Thing They Despised"
<http://apple.slashdot.org/story/12/07/06/0031249/former-microsoft-exec-microsoft-has-become-the-thing-they-despised> <quote> Microsoft has a long and storied history of leadership in the tech industry, and the company has driven innovation for decades. </quote> I'll stop right there. When has Microsoft ever innovated? Microsoft has hindered SW innovation for decades. -- Organised religion is violent, irrational, intolerant, allied to racism, tribalism, and bigotry, invested in ignorance and hostile to free inquiry, contemptuous of women and coercive toward children. -Christopher Hitchens On Jul 6, 4:16=A0pm, Hardon <hardon.qu...@gmail.com> wrote: > <http://apple.slashdot.org/story/12/07/06/0031249/former-microsoft-exe...= > They've been the thing that we despise for some time now; I see no reason why they shouldn't share the fun. On 7/6/2012 11:16 AM, Hardon wrote: > <http://apple.slashdot.org/story/12/07/06/0031249/former-microsoft-exec-microsoft-has-become-the-thing-they-despised> > > <quote> > Microsoft has a long and storied history of leadership in the tech > industry, and the company has driven innovation for decades. > </quote> > > I'll stop right there. When has Microsoft ever innovated? Microsoft > has hindered SW innovation for decades. So MS has held FOSS back... but according to the shrill, dumbass idiots on cola, MS is incom...

[News] [Rival] hi5 Hires a Microsoft AstroTurfer ("Evangelist") for president

[News] [Rival] Why Microsoft Attacks Linux? "It's Their Nature"

[News] [Rival] Microsoft's "Spreading Propaganda", "Self-congratulatory Blather"

[News] [Rival] Microsoft's "Incompatible by Design" and "Keep Your Enemies Closer"
Partnering and competing with Microsoft: There’s nothing new under the sun ,----[ Quote ] | Ballmer and Chambers are meeting later today a handful of CIOs who have both | Cisco and Microsoft products installed. They’ll listen to a litany of | complaints, no doubt, about how hard it still is to get Cisco and Microsoft | deliverables to interoperate. Is there anything new under the sun? No — not | in terms of customers wanting vendors to make their lives easier, nor in | terms of vendors promising customers the moon. `---- http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=655 Screwing the consume...

[News] [Rival] Microsoft Tries to Addict People Under Guise of "Charity", "War on Piracy"

[News] Idea of GNU/Linux Promotion With "Quit Microsoft Day" or "Quit Apple Day"

[News] [Rival] Microsoft Disguises Fight Against GNU/Linux as "Fight on Piracy" (Kenya)

[News] [Rival] Microsoft's CEO Uses "Gorilla Dust" Against Linux
Spoutin' Off: Microsoft is more about dominance than quality ,----[ Quote ] | One of these days, I hope to gain some insight into the mind of | Steve Ballmer, the CEO of Microsoft. For years I've been trying | to understand why these guys continue to pursue their goal of | virtual global domination instead of just becoming a valued and | trusted member of the greater wired community. | | [...] | | Their accusation could be what my old pal Ross Perot used to call | "gorilla dust." This refers to the way a great ape will throw dirt | and debris into the air during a fight t...

Web resources about - [News] [Rival] "Microsoft Gags its Evangelists", Former Microsoft Employees Expose Microsoft - comp.os.linux.advocacy