[News] [Rival] Microsoft Office 2010 Looks Like Another Ribbon-Like Fiasco (Revenues Down Sharply)

Why I hate Microsoft Office 2010

,----[ Quote ]
| The fun doesn't end with Outlook. Word,
| Excel, and PowerPoint are all infected with
| what I've dubbed the Back Stage Virus. I'm
| referring, of course, to the new Back Stage
| view that pops up whenever you click the
| File tab in any of these applications.
| Instead of the drop-down menu that appears
| on all previous ribbonized applications
| (including the Windows 7 Paint and WordPad
| accessories), Office 2010 presents you with
| a dedicated, full-window pane containing a
| schizophrenic array of buttons, button
| menus, and hyperlink-like text labels.
`----

http://www.infoworld.com/d/windows/why-i-hate-microsoft-office-2010-586

Microsoft Office 2010: So Many Reasons to Hate It

,----[ Quote ]
| Office 2010 is clunky -- that's the first
| word that comes to mind as I meander around
| the recently leaked official beta release
| (build 14.0.4514.1007, for those keeping
| score). The default color scheme is a
| ghastly gradient gray blur, while the new
| Outlook Scenic Ribbon toolbar is a
| disorganized mess.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/article/182402/microsoft_office_2010_so_many_reasons_to_hate_it.html

Microsoft misses the boat on web applications

http://venturebeat.com/2009/11/20/microsoft-misses-the-boat-on-web-applications/

Microsoft Protects its Flanks to Save It's Ass

,----[ Quote ]
| Summary
|
| * Microsoft is making a defensive alliance
| to complete its stack
| * Fortunes will be made and lost developing
| cloud offerings
| * Despite the hype Cloud Computing is a real
| long term trend
`----

http://www.glgroup.com/News/Microsoft-Protects-its-Flanks-to-Save-Its-Ass-44892.html

Recent:

Microsoft Axes Office Accounting Software

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft quietly announced Friday that it
| plans to kill off its Office Accounting
| products, beginning Nov. 16.
|
| "After evaluating the product over the past
| few years, we have determined that other
| Microsoft offerings, such as free templates in
| the Office system used with Excel and the
| Dynamics product, are able to meet our
| customers' needs," a Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT)
| spokesperson said in an e-mailed statement.
`----

http://www.internetnews.com/software/article.php/3846426/Microsoft+Axes+Office+Accounting+Software.htm

Microsoft Office Accounting dies on November 16, 2009

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft is killing off its whole Office
| Accounting product line on November 16, 2009.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/microsoft/news/2009/10/microsoft-office-accounting-dies-on-november-16-2009.ars

Microsoft Discontinues Accounting Software

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/181076/microsoft_discontinues_accounting_software.html

Microsoft smothers Sage and Intuit challenger

http://www.channelregister.co.uk/2009/10/30/microsoft_closes_office_accounting/

Microsoft to drop Office Accounting product, services

http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=4379

0
newsgroups3 (79677)

[News] Songbird (for Linux) Looks Like iTunes, OpenOffice.org Resembles Microsoft Office

[News] Microsoft Office New UI Concept Conceded, to Look and Behave Like Open Office 2
Microsoft winds back Office ribbon ,----[ Quote ] | Microsoft has modified its new interface for Office 2007 after complaints | from beta testers that the 'ribbon' system took up too much space on | screen. `---- http://www.zdnet.com.au/news/software/soa/Microsoft_winds_back_Office_ribbon/0,2000061733,39267508,00.htm A lot can be said about changed that force upgrades (i.e. spendings). Office 2007, much like Windows Vista, will have customers looks elsewhere, at more dynamic projects. OpenOffice supports standards far better, is free, Free, and cross-platform. "Roy Schestowi...

[News] [Rival] Microsoft the Next IBM-like Dinosaur, Vista a Likely Cause
Frankly Speaking: Microsoft's woes are like IBM's of old ,----[ Quote | By coincidence, 15 years ago this month, Lou Gerstner arrived at IBM. | | [...] | | Here's the worst part: Microsoft's approach to customers has always been | old-school IBM: Lock 'em in. But the first rule of lock-in is this: Never | break your customers' software. And the second rule is this: Never force a | product on customers that breaks their software when the previous version | still works fine. | | Vista breaks applications. It breaks device drivers. It breaks the strongest | re...

[News] 2010 Looking Like an Excellent Year for GNU/Linux

[News] [Rival] Another Microsoft Product Drops Like a Fly

[News] GNU/Linux Looks Like OS X, But Better Under the Hood

[News] [Rival] NHS Another Microsoft Failure Story? (Like LSE)

[News] Former Microsoft Intern Likes GNU/Linux More than Mac OS X

[News] Mac OS X-Like Dock for GNU/Linux Reviewed by Linux.com
KXDocker: More than a task manager ,----[ Quote ] | The basic idea behind Mac OS X's Dock is that when you need an | application, you click on its icon on an on-screen bar, and the | application is launched (if it has not been yet) or switched to | (if it has). Stefano Zingarini has borrowed this concept for | KXDocker, a KDE variation of OS X's Dock (which is also usable | with GNOME and other desktop environments). `---- http://applications.linux.com/article.pl?sid=06/12/28/1956207&from=rss Related: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VekgyKQoTeM&NR http://www.youtube.com/wa...

[News] A Look at New GNU/Linux Distribution Stali, Other Lights One Like Linux2u and Puppy Linux

[News] Linux Looks Better Than Vista, New Theme Attempts to Make Vista More Like Ubuntu Linux
Go Linux - Get The Most Of Your PC Experience http://www.jjmacey.net/news/latest/learn-to-get-the-most-of-your-pc-experience.html Vibuntu - Incredible theme for Vista http://palprince.com/softwares/?p=301 ...

[News] Fraud Likely in Oracle As Well, Just Like Microsoft

[News] [Linux] Red Hat Emphasises That Linux Should Not Be Like Windows, Look at RHEL 5.1, 5.2
Red Hat Shuns 'Windows Clone' Model for Global Desktop Discussion at PhysOrgForum ,----[ Quote ] | While the desktop is not another "Windows clone, it is also not a new | desktop environment as it is based on RHEL Desktop 5. The key for us | was getting the feature set these customers wanted, and then getting | it into the channel for distribution," he said. | | [...] | | | Riveros said that the new desktop will help democratize technology, | which is why the initial focus is on delivering it to emerging markets. | "We want to see wide adoption of Linux desktops ar...

[News] [Rival] Another Microsoft Delay and Another Apple Betrayal from Microsoft
Microsoft Delays Office for Mac Release ,----[ Quote ] | The software maker previously said the new suite, which is to include | Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and the Entourage e-mail program, | would go on sale sometime in the second half of 2007. `---- http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/070802/microsoft_mac_office_delayed.html?.v=2 Vapourware. Freezing the market and mistreating customers... errr... users... _the OEMs_ are the customers. Related: Microsoft: No Rush to Vista SP1 ,----[ Quote ] | Those enterprises holding off Windows Vista deployments for Service Pack 1 | maybe shouldn't...

[News] Another NAS Likely to Be Linux-based

[News] [Rival] More on Likely Microsoft Corruption in Romania

[News] [Rival] Why Journalism is Corrupted by the Likes of Microsoft
Adverjournalism: The Role of Ad Dollars In Journalism ,----[ Quote ] | It should come as no surprise that just about every gaming forum on the | internet is ablaze right now following the news of GameSpot’s termination of | long-time editor, Jeff Gerstmann. This article, however, is not an exposé or | look into what really happened at GameSpot this week. Rather, consider this a | look at the direction of gaming journalism, advertising, and how this all | plays a role in the content you read. `---- http://www.gamer20.com/features/297/1 Geer, a security guru, lost his job afte...

Like Einstein Like Linux
Linux is a hobby project largely created by Linus Torvalds in his spare time with no corporate or government sponsorship. Einstein's relativity, both special and general, as well as his photoelectric effect, are hobby projects that were largely created during his spare time with no corporate or government sponsorship. Einstein's theories are universally acclaimed as being the greatest intellectual achievements in the history of mankind. GNU/Linux is perhaps the greatest computing achievement in the history of the OS. To all those dumb-fsck a$$holes who continue to declaim GNU/Linux as being "hobbyist:" lick the stinking, spattered sh!t off your maggoty toilet seat. GNU/Linux. The only choice of real men everywhere. On 1/29/2016 9:14 PM, Fabian Russell wrote: > GNU/Linux is perhaps the greatest computing achievement in the history > of the OS. It's a pile of stolen/cloned/borrowed ideas, free because it has to be. The beady-eyed hobbyists who coded it couldn't come up with anything original if their lives depended on it. > To all those dumb-fsck a$$holes who continue to declaim GNU/Linux > as being "hobbyist:" lick the stinking, spattered sh!t off your maggoty > toilet seat. > > GNU/Linux. The only choice of real men everywhere. where "real men" = fat, pasty, MS-hating geeks like Fabian Russell On Friday, January 29, 2016 at 9:15:34 PM UTC-5, Fabian...

[News] Microsoft Puts a Face On, Pretends to Like Linux
CNET: Microsoft gives Linux a virtual hug ,----[ Quote ] | After years of hoping to crush Linux, Microsoft is trying to show it can | get along with its open-source rival. `---- Microsoft H A T E S Linux. Don't let them fool you guys! The point when Microsoft facilitates interoperability is the point when it commits suicide. No-one will forget the FUD assaults (last one yesterday, from the Didio/Yankee puppet) as well as the character assassination ("GPL is cancer"). This also reminds me of Port 25 (headed by Hilf). First they argue that they love Linux, but later comes the...

[News] [Rival] Microsoft Falls, Likely to Miss Targets

[News] Making Linux Look Like Windows XP
What is Look XP ,----[ Quote ] | LXP is a project that provides to Linux/Unix users an identical ms | WindowsXP look&feel desktop `---- http://lxp.sourceforge.net/ Seems like a new project. Probably a lot of violations therein. A bit like that Linux XP desktop, as well as those which the Chinese government deploys as it converts thousands of machines to Linux (reported earlier this year). On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 00:15:35 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote: > What is Look XP > > ,----[ Quote ] >| LXP is a project that provides to Linux/Unix users an identical ms >| WindowsXP look...

[News] Microsoft Still Operates Like Mafia Against GNU/Linux

[News] Making Linux Look Just Like Windows Vista
http://vistalinux.googlepages.com/ Final product here: http://vistalinux.googlepages.com/NeoVista-Compiz.png And it's right here. Right now. And it's stable. But does Windows Vista have Compiz/XGL support? Or security? Or stability? Does it offer Freedom (as well as free cost)? What about privacy? As the days go by, Linux makes Vista look like a poor man's O/S. Windows is yesterday's technology and a cracker's/malware programmer's best friend. Roy Schestowitz wrote: > http://vistalinux.googlepages.com/ > > Final product here: > > http://vistalinux...

Web resources about - [News] [Rival] Microsoft Office 2010 Looks Like Another Ribbon-Like Fiasco (Revenues Down Sharply) - comp.os.linux.advocacy

DailyTech - Windows 8 Early Build Explorer is Built Around Office 2007-like Ribbon
Whether you love the ribbon or hate it, you may have to use it to get around in Windows 8