[News] [Rival] Microsoft Zune Failed, Windows Mobile Just Renamed

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Microsoft's Zune Misstep Marks the Gadget Road Not Taken

,----[ Quote ]
| The Zune's failure sent the company down a
| very different path than Apple's. Jobs & Co.
| were able to use the iPod's success to launch
| the iPhone, and now the iPad. Microsoft's
| mobile OS has struggled against the mobile
| operating system Apple uses, probably because
| Redmond never had a cell phone of its own to
| carry Windows Mobile as a follow-on product
| to the Zune.
`----

http://www.dailyfinance.com/story/company-news/microsofts-zune-misstep-marks-the-gadget-road-not-taken/19424133/

Microsoft Kills Windows Phone 7's Series

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft is not very confident about the
| coolness of the name of its newest operating
| system for mobile phones named Windows Phone
| 7 Series. The coolest name would have been
| WP7S! But Microsoft has decided to chop the
| word 'series' from the 'Windows Phone 7
| Series'. The phone will now be called Windows
| Phone 7.
`----

http://www.katonda.com/blog/961/microsoft-kills-windows-phone-7-series

Recent:

Report: Microsoft Sued Over Zune Tagging

http://www.radioink.com/Article.asp?id=1746800&spid=24698

A Software Bug may Kill You

,----[ Quote ]
| In 1991, during the Gulf war, American
| Patriot missile was deployed to combat
| Iraqi scud missile. In one of the incident,
| Patriot missile missed the Scud and that
| resulted the death of 28 American soldiers
| and 100 others got injured. There was an
| arithmetic error during calculation which
| resulted inaccurate calculation since Boot.
|
| [...]
|
| Microsoft’s Zune player stopped working on
| December 31, 2008 because of a simple
| software bug. The software was written in
| such a way that it would never terminate if
| the year is leap year and the total number
| of days is 366.
`----

http://blog.taragana.com/index.php/archive/a-software-bug-may-kill-you/

Microsoft investigating disappearing music from Zune Pass

,----[ Quote ]
| According to a post on the Zune Forums, owners
| of the Zune Pass are having a bit of trouble
| accessing the music they're paying for with
| their subscription, as first reported by
| Engadget. In less than two weeks, the thread
| in question has passed 50 replies as users
| complain and list what they can no longer
| access: specific songs, entire albums, or even
| everything produced by an artist.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/microsoft/news/2010/02/microsoft-investigating-disappearing-music-from-zune-pass.ars

0
Reply Roy 4/6/2010 6:17:27 AM

See related articles to this posting

comp.os.linux.advocacy 117090 articles. 8 followers. Post

[News] [Rival] More Evidence of Back Doors in Windows Mobile, Not Just Windows
Cryptome: NSA has access to Windows Mobile smartphones ,----[ Quote ] | First time in history Cryptome.org has released information about the | characteristics of NSA’s network surveillance. `---- http://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/1028 And Microsoft has just confirmed that there's a errr.... 'bug'. Microsoft confirms that XP contains random number generator bug ,----[ Quote ] | As recently as last Friday, Microsoft hedged in answering questions about | whether XP and Vista could be attacked in the same way, saying only that | later versions of Windows "co...

[News] [Rival] What Microsoft Touches Microsoft Kills... T-Mobile Dumps Sidekick After Windows Meltdown

[News] [Rival] Microsoft's IE Mobile Behind the Competition, More Bail Out of Windows Mobile

[News] [Rival] Microsoft is Killing Windows Mobile

[News] [Rival] BetaWeek to Microsoft: Trash Windows Mobile

[News] [Rival] Godin: Microsoft Failed Twice with Windows
The little book that says "quit" ,----[ Quote ] | I you have a shot at being number one then it's worth "leaning into the | dip" says Godin. He cites Microsoft Corp., which he says failed twice | with Windows, four times with Word and three times with Excel but | slogged through the difficult dip to success. `---- http://biz.yahoo.com/rb/070623/books_dip.html?.v=1 Vista: The train wreck that keeps on delivering ,----[ Quote ] | Ah, where do I start? `---- http://blogbeebe.blogspot.com/2007/06/vista-train-wreck-that-keeps-on.html In article <1581586.5a1EkHkDu...

[News] [Rival] Microsoft Munchkin: Windows Mobile Is In Trouble

[News] [Rival] Even Microsoft is Giving up on Windows Mobile

[News] [Rival] CNETSoft to Microsoft: Kill Windows Mobile