[News] [Rival] Windows 7 Just Another Windows Vista+

Windows 7 Will Be A Lightly Tweaked Windows Vista

,----[ Quote ]
| Last week, Microsoft gave a teeny, tiny bit of information about the
| successor to Windows Vista, currently named Windows 7. There wasn't a lot of
| real meaty data in its disclosures, but it said enough to reset any
| expectations you might have that Windows 7 would be a radical departure from
| Windows Vista.
`----

http://www.informationweek.com/blog/main/archives/2008/06/windows_7_will.html

Days ago:

Is Microsoft Repeating Vista Mistakes with Windows 7?

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft seems to be sending the wrong message with its demo of Windows 7's
| touchscreen at the D: All Things Digital conference. Observers fear Microsoft
| may be making the same mistakes that hurt Windows Vista. Instead of focusing
| on Vista, Microsoft demonstrated a Windows 7 touchscreen that may not be
| available for years.
`----

http://www.newsfactor.com/story.xhtml?story_id=13300AE25VTZ

Windows 7 Shows Microsoft Hasn't Learned Vista Lessons

,----[ Quote ]
| The project was called MinWin, a Microsoft effort to slim down the next
| version of Windows. The company said it had heard, loud and clear, that
| another bloated OS like Vista wouldn't fly. Then Windows 7 galumphed into the
| room.
`----

http://www.informationweek.com/blog/main/archives/2008/05/windows_7_shows.html

Last week:

Eight Things About Windows 7

,----[ Quote ]
| 1. Windows 7 won't be much different from Windows Vista...
|
| 2. There's no new kernel or modular design...
|
| 3. The user interface won't radically change....
`----

http://www.microsoft-watch.com/content/operating_systems/eight_things_about_windows_7.html?kc=MWRSS02129TX1K0000535

Going out of business sale! Buy XP before it’s too late!

,----[ Quote ]
| I don’t recall ever seeing any company advertising the ‘old’ product over
| the ‘new’ product so strongly before, but Vista’s stink has grown so strong
| that it makes good business sense to promote XP over Vista. Has anyone ever
| been actually able to make a solid case for using Vista over XP? I haven’t
| seen one.
`----

http://blogs.computerworld.com/going_out_of_business_sale_buy_xp_before_its_too_late

Are These Windows Transparent or Translucent?

,----[ Quote ]
| Besides myth busting, there is Microsoft's desperate need to get out
| something positive about Windows. That's not easy with all the negative Web
| chatter about Vista and the constant nitpicking of Apple "Get a Mac" TV
| commercials. Silence is golden only when there is no other noise. Given how
| bad the Vista talk is, perhaps Microsoft executives think that they can get
| away with talking Seven without causing too much sales harm to the current
| operating system.
|
| That said, including today's reaffirmation of a ship date—"approximately
| three years after the general availability of Windows Vista," according to
| Chris' credited blog—any information risks freezing sales. I see extremes
| rather than middle ground. Either Microsoft executives see that even limited
| information disclosure can do little more harm, or they don't care—meaning
| they've already given up on Windows Vista.
`----

http://www.microsoft-watch.com/content/operating_systems/are_these_windows_transparent_or_translucent.html?kc=MWRSS02129TX1K0000535
http://tinyurl.com/6odkvq

What we do know about Windows 7

,----[ Quote ]
| Windows 7 will be a minor update to Vista — with “minor,” here, meaning as
| less disruptive as possible to users and their applications. Microsoft has
| said Windows 7 will use the same driver model that Vista did.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=1413

Windows 7: The information lockdown continues

,----[ Quote ]
| I’m hearing increasing dissatisfaction from Microsoft customers, testers and
| other sources typically in the insider track that Microsoft still hasn’t
| shared any Windows 7 information. The silence is deafening — and
| disconcerting — they say. As was the case with Internet Explorer 8, the issue
| isn’t whether Microsoft’s Windows client team is sitting on its hands, doing
| nothing; instead, the worry is that Microsoft is moving full-steam-ahead to
| build a Windows 7 that won’t have a whole lot of input from outsiders. After
| the compatibility and marketing nightmares that have plagued Vista, one would
| think Microsoft might be interested in letting its users have more sway on
| what they really want from a new version of Windows.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=1406

Related:

Microsoft Clears Gates-Induced Confusion about Windows 7

,----[ Quote ]
| This statement created widespread confusion as most people understood that
| the final version of Windows 7 would be released next year, much earlier than
| expected. However, since this was Gates talking, and with all the fuss
| concerning Vista's failure on the market, people started wondering whether
| Microsoft changed its plans and wants to speed up the release of Windows 7,
| the next operating system from the Redmond company, due to replace Vista.
|
| However, a Microsoft spokesman told CNN that in fact the industry veteran was
| talking about alpha or beta versions, as it usually happens, and not the
| final product.
`----

http://www.efluxmedia.com/news_Microsoft_Clears_Gates_Induced_Confusion_about_Windows_7_16026.html

Microsoft : Windows 7 still in planning stage and will take approximately 3
years to develop.

,----[ Quote ]
| January 26th, 2008. Looks like Microsoft is NOT planning to release Windows 7
| in 2009. Microsoft's official response, by an email dated 26th January, 2008,
| to WinVistaClub states that Windows 7 is still in the planning stage and will
| take approximately 3 years to develop.
`----

http://www.winvistaclub.com/i7.html
0
newsgroups3 (79677)

"Roy Schestowitz" <newsgroups@schestowitz.com> wrote in message

> Windows 7 Will Be A Lightly Tweaked Windows Vista

Another paid spam post that has zero to do with linux.

Ezekiel
6/4/2008 6:09:52 PM
On Wed, 4 Jun 2008 14:09:52 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:

> "Roy Schestowitz" <newsgroups@schestowitz.com> wrote in message
>>
>> Windows 7 Will Be A Lightly Tweaked Windows Vista
>
> Another paid spam post that has zero to do with linux.

Notice how Spamowitz and his gang of lusers have ratcheted up the Microsoft
hate SPAM?

Why are they so frightened?

--
Moshe Goldfarb
Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
"Moshe Goldfarb." <brick_n_straw@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On Wed, 4 Jun 2008 14:09:52 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:
>
>> "Roy Schestowitz" <newsgroups@schestowitz.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> Windows 7 Will Be A Lightly Tweaked Windows Vista
>>
>> Another paid spam post that has zero to do with linux.
>

> Notice how Spamowitz and his gang of lusers have ratcheted up the
> Microsoft
> hate SPAM?
>
> Why are they so frightened?

The "advocates" and liars like Schestowitz are behaving like a frightened
animal that's been cornered. Since they are in such a bad position they'll
do anything just to survive.

> --
> Moshe Goldfarb
> http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

Ezekiel

> Windows 7 Will Be A Lightly Tweaked Windows Vista
> Is Microsoft Repeating Vista Mistakes with Windows 7?
> Windows 7 Shows Microsoft Hasn't Learned Vista Lessons
> Eight Things About Windows 7

   http://shippingseven.blogspot.com/

   Here's an idea...

   A friend of mine, yesterday:

   "If software crashes and loses my data more than 10 times, I should
   get the next version for free."

   . . .

   About the kernel:
   The 2000/XP/Vista/Windows 7 kernel has evolved quite nicely over the
   years, and (in my opinion) is one of the best bits of code we have.
   You do not, and should not, do a total rewrite of a kernel in a
   widely-used OS between releases. Writing a piece of code is a tiny
   fraction of the work required to ship a bit of software - you have to
   test every single line of it, find the security bugs, make sure it
   works for every customer on every bit of hardware, etc etc.

<I agree with this.>

   How many times has the Ubuntu or Mac OS X kernel been rewritten?

<Bozo alarm goes off>

This one is funny, though, shining a wee light into Microsoft:

   It is a spoof...

   ...of our crappy internal 'team event' videos - the cheese factor in
   these videos have been increasing over the past couple of years (we
   lost major acting talent when Brian Valentine left), and (from
   what I've heard) there is an all-out arms race to produce
   the worst video possible. Yes. Strange.

   Like idiots, though, they forgot that this kind of thing leaks,
   and that people outside the company don't have the context that
   comes with the joke.

   So Bruce ServicePack will win 'worst team event video of all
   time' - it probably killed off the goofy team event video.

Our team never got any charge number for making "team videos".

--
"Microsoft has had competitors in the past. It's a good thing we have
museums to document this stuff."
<gsD1k.496$BW4.143@bignews9.bellsouth.net>:

>> Windows 7 Will Be A Lightly Tweaked Windows Vista
>> Is Microsoft Repeating Vista Mistakes with Windows 7?
>> Windows 7 Shows Microsoft Hasn't Learned Vista Lessons
>> Eight Things About Windows 7
>
>    http://shippingseven.blogspot.com/
>
>    Here's an idea...
>
>    A friend of mine, yesterday:
>
>    "If software crashes and loses my data more than 10 times, I should
>    get the next version for free."
>
>    . . .
>
>    About the kernel:
>    The 2000/XP/Vista/Windows 7 kernel has evolved quite nicely over the

Interesting terminology.

>    years, and (in my opinion) is one of the best bits of code we have.
>    You do not, and should not, do a total rewrite of a kernel in a
>    widely-used OS between releases. Writing a piece of code is a tiny
>    fraction of the work required to ship a bit of software - you have to
>    test every single line of it, find the security bugs, make sure it
>    works for every customer on every bit of hardware, etc etc.
>
> <I agree with this.>
>
>    How many times has the Ubuntu or Mac OS X kernel been rewritten?
>
> <Bozo alarm goes off>

Indeed.  As far as I can tell the Linux kernel has been
rewritten (or majorly tweaked) five or six times:

0.01 -> 0.99/1.0
1.0 -> 1.2
1.2 -> 1.4/2.0
2.0 -> 2.2
2.2 -> 2.4
2.4 -> 2.6

and even that's pushing it, as many of the older drivers
probably didn't even get touched by the rewrites.  Of course
we've had numerous patches -- mostly new drivers and bug
fixes, I'd think.

I'd have to look.  Considering that the Linux kernel is over
40 megabytes to download (compressed!), it's a rather nice
testament to the robustness of the Unix-like API and the
project management that we don't have major breakages, and
even the development kernels aren't usually that bad.  I'll
admit I've not kept up with the latest kernel developments, though.

#191, ewill3@earthlink.net
Windows.  When it absolutely, positively, has to crash.
ewill5 (11075)

http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2008/01/moshe-goldfarb-troll.html
http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2007/01/flatfish-troll.html

Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

Don't like these posts? Stop feeding the troll

Sean6128 (1)

> Windows 7 Will Be A Lightly Tweaked Windows Vista

Microsoft can afford neither the time nor the money to replace Vista
with an /actual/ new product, so they have little choice but to rush
out something that is little more than a cross between a Plus! Pack
and a Service Pack, then call it "Windows 7".

And it'll still be crap.

--
K.
http://slated.org

..----
|     ~ Cory Doctorow, The Guardian.  http://tinyurl.com/22bgx8
`----

 12:34:28 up 168 days,  9:10,  5 users,  load average: 0.03, 0.04, 0.08
0
usenet3690 (8688)
6/6/2008 11:34:48 AM
0
newsgroups3 (79677)
6/6/2008 12:05:34 PM
On Fri, 06 Jun 2008 13:05:34 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> 7 sucks."

He does?

I wouldn't be that *hard* on him if I were you Spamowitz.
It's not nice to make fun of the mentally retarded.,

--
Moshe Goldfarb
Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
0
brick_n_straw (4058)

[News] [Rival] Vista 7 is Just Another Vista, Windows Called "Dead End"

[News] [Rival] Another 'Development Collapse': Windows 7 Just Another ME2 (Vista)

[News] [Rival] Windows Vista Sales + Windows Vista Upgrades = Windows XP
Vista downgrading: What are your rights? ,----[ Quote ] | Talk about a catch 22. Did you know that in order to be allowed to downgrade | Vista to XP on a new computer, Microsoft expects you to have one of the more | expensive editions of Windows Vista that most OEMs don’t even put on their | machines. It’s true. Have a look at this official Microsoft one-sheet | explaining the intricacies of downgrading from Vista that’s come bundled with | a new PC. | | You’d have to add $180 to the price of a Dell Inspiron 530 in order to have | the right to use XP instead of Vista. `---- http...

[News] [Rival] Another Set of New Windows Vista Screwups, Windows Vista Brought to Court (Class Action)
Vista SP1: The hits just keep coming ,----[ Quote ] | Microsoft officials have maintained that the company had no plans to push SP1 | via Windows Update until Microsoft was able to resolve driver compatibility | problems discovered during the SP1 beta-testing process. `---- http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=1212 Microsoft 64-bit Vista SP1 early release snafu ,----[ Quoet ] | Users of the 64-bit version of Vista may have noticed something strange over | the last couple of days – a notification that Vista SP1 has downloaded to | their computers and is ready for installation, despite ...

[News] [Rival] Microsoft Puppet (Microsoft Nick) Says Microsoft Buries Vista, Another Puppet (IDC) Says Vista 7 is Last Windows

Windows 7, another Windows Vista?
I remember the reviews of Vista being very optimistic, and the geek culture and first adopters being over the ears about it (here in csma, for example), but when released it really sunk into the mud when gamers, business and avergae users wouldn't touch it with a stick and forced both Microsoft and OEMs to offer a downgrade option to Windows XP. I am curious what has changed in Windows 7 that is different in how Vista screwed these people over. How is it winning people back? I haven't tried Windows 7 at all, so I have no idea, but perhaps someone here can shed a light on why W...

[News] GNU/Linux Just Works, Whereas Windows Vista 7 Almost Works, Sometimes

[News] [Rival] Windows Fan Finds Out Vista7 is Too Fat for Netbooks (It's Just Another Vista)

[News] Windows is Just a Window in GNU/Linux

[News] [Rival] Vista 7: Like Windows Vista All Over Again (New Videos)

[News] [Rival] Top Microsoft Manager and Windows Engineer Trashes Windows Vista; Vista Sales Are Poor
Former Windows Developer Trashes Windows Vista, Gets Slapped, Falls Back in Line ,----[ Quote ] | Alec Saunders, a former Senior Product Manager at Microsoft Canada, had a | bone to pick with Windows Vista. `---- http://soft-vn.net/windows/former-windows-developer-trashes-windows-vista-gets-slapped-falls-back-in-line/20079348-11536.aspx Microsoft: No One's Catching the Vista Bug ,----[ Quote ] | Our findings show that the spending is quite healthy overall, but it is | nonetheless showing signs of slowing. Particularly notable is the sluggish | adoption rate for Microsoft (MSFT) Vi...

[News] Review of Sabayon Linux, Fedora 7 Linux (Testing), and Windows Vista
Sabayon Linux ,----[ Quote ] | Who's it best for? | | The full Gentoo experience is included in Sabayon, so this might be | a nice option for those who like Gentoo but want a quicker way to | get a working installation. | | If you have no internet connection, I'd recommend not even trying | to use Gentoo or any derivative, because it is a heavily | broadband-centric distro. | | The DVD versions of Sabayon include a full portage tree and lots | more software, so you may be able to get a reasonably useful | distribution out of one of those without an internet connection. | | As for...

[News] Another Windows Guy Fears Windows Vista
Why I Can't Recommend Friends and Family Upgrade to Windows Vista ,----[ Quote ] | If you're one of the readers of this blog who has ever asked me for | technical advice, then this post is for you. Microsoft, next month, | is releasing Vista, the next version of its operating system series, | Windows. Vista has been touted as the next big thing from Microsoft. | Its big already. Its a rhinoceros. Its horned, its blind, and its | dumb - and it wants to take over your computer. After doing some | reading and some research I can?t recommend anyone upgrade from | Windows 2000 or Win...

[News] [Rival] Windows 7apouware is Windows Vista with Some Makeup

Web resources about - [News] [Rival] Windows 7 Just Another Windows Vista+ - comp.os.linux.advocacy

Arch Rival Rollergirls - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
ARRG was founded in 2005 by Sarah Kate Buckles who skates as Mary Manglin' . The league was trained from January, 2006 through May, 2007 by coach ...

Former Facebook Rival MySpace Touts Growth
Look out, Facebook: Here comes MySpace . OK, that may be a stretch, but the former top social network announced that it has posted a 50 percent ...

Mapping Facebook’s Recent Global Growth Versus Rivals
Facebook is gaining on most of its competitors, according to another look at social networking around the world. We regularly cover the service’s ...

Sports Illustrated Football Rivals HD for iPad on the iTunes App Store
Read reviews, get customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about Sports Illustrated Football Rivals HD on the App Store. Download Sports ...

Confucius Peace Prize created by China to rival Nobel prize - YouTube
SUBSCRIBE to Next Media Animation: http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=NMAWorldEdition Angered by the decision to award this ...

Michigan Senate: Stabenow Still Leads Top GOP Rivals
Incumbent Democrat Debbie Stabenow is still outrunning her two leading Republican challengers in Michigan’s U.S. Senate race. The latest Rasmussen ...

Dubai peace prize aims to rival Nobel in prestige
... Peace seek to "spread the inspiring values of Islam throughout the world". DUBAI // An award established in the emirate is aiming to rival the ...

Fidel Castro 'doesn't trust the US' despite Obama's claims rival countries are attempting to reconcile ...
Fidel Castro does not "trust the US, nor have I spoken with them," the revolutionary icon, 88, said in a letter attributed to him and read out ...

Square size up rivals at Rochester contest
Golden Square will head into the Bendigo Football Netball League season full of confidence after winning the Rochester Invitational in convincing ...

Mayor hoped media would 'crucify' rival
On a secret recording aired by ICAC, Ryde’s mayor Ivan Petch crows council’s general manager should have his resignation ready as “they will ...