[News] Ruby Gets Roadmap, Qt 4.7 Gets New Features

Ruby 1.9.2 expected in August

,----[ Quote ]
| According to a new schedule, the next version of
| the dynamic Ruby 1.9.2 scripting language will
| probably be released in mid August. While
| previous plans were for a final release by last
| December, the developers wanted to ensure that
| the new version passed the RubySpec tests.
| Eventually this lead to the release being
| postponed. Ruby 1.9.2dev has now passed all the
| relevant tests.
`----

http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/Ruby-1-9-2-expected-in-August-956866.html

Qt 4.7 debuts QML for declarative UI development

,----[ Quote ]
| The Qt developers have announced a technical
| preview for QT 4.7, the cross platform C++
| framework for GUI applications. According to the
| developers, the pre-release is not suitable for
| production use, but will give a good idea of how
| they plan to enhance the framework. According to
| the developers, the final release of Qt 4.7 will
| be around the middle of the year.
`----

http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/Qt-4-7-debuts-QML-for-declarative-UI-development-953392.html

Recent:

Qt + Box2D is easy!

,----[ Quote ]
| Integrating Box2D into your Qt application
| is quite easy, and this blog shows you how
| to get started. First of all:
|
|     * Step 1: Download Box2D from Google
|     Code: http://code.google.com/p/box2d/
|     * Step 2: Build it (I had to insert a
|     few #include <cstring> to get it to
|     build)
|     * Step 3: Build and try the test bed
|     application: Box2D/Examples/TestBed/
|     * Step 4: Read the manual:
|     http://www.box2d.org/manual.html
|     * Step 5: Continue reading this blog to
|     hook up the two frameworks…
`----

http://linuxbsdos.com/2010/02/26/qt-box2d-is-easy/

0
newsgroups3 (79677)

[News] Qt Gets Fantastic New Features in 4.6, KDE Turns to Lifestyle

[News] Linux Gets New Features for Indexing, Change Tracking, Security

[News] Fedora 7 Gets News Theme; Comparison with Ubuntu Linux
Next Fedora release delayed, new design theme selected ,----[ Quote ] | One new element of Fedora 7 that will be showcased on upcoming test | spins is a new design theme. The recognizable blue background | remains constant, but F7 incorporates elements of hot air balloons | that, according to creator Diana Fong, are meant to evoke images of | flying high to meet new challenges. `---- http://distrocenter.linux.com/distrocenter/07/02/22/1631225.shtml?tid=107 This delay is nothing new at all. Fedora 6 Vs. Ubuntu 6.10 http://www.linuxformat.co.uk/pdfs/LXF87.review.pdf ...

[News] Linux Tablet Gets Rave Reviews, iPhone Gets Some Yawns, Apple Helps in Promoting Linux
Reviewers converge on new Nokia Internet tablet ,----[ Quote ] | The N800 shipped Jan. 6 without a peep -- let alone a press release | -- from Nokia. Nonetheless, the device seems to be attracting more | interest, at least from the fourth estate, than did the arguably | more revolutionary 770 Internet tablet from which it evolved. `---- http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS8932198857.html Apple iPhone: A Disappointment Waiting to Happen ,----[ Quote ] | Will Apple suddenly decide to open up development for the | iPhone? Let's hope so. `---- http://www.osweekly.com/index.php?option=com_...

[News] Linux Foundation Offers Training, Linux Gets New XGI Contributions

[News] Getting Linux Installed Without a CD Gets Even Easier
UNetbootin ,----[ Quote ] | UNetbootin allows for the installation of Ubuntu, Fedora, Mandriva, OpenSuse, | Arch Linux, or Debian to a real partition, so it's no different from a | standard install, only it has the advantage that it needs no CD. This is | meant for people who want to install Ubuntu, Fedora, Mandriva, OpenSuse, Arch | Linux, or Debian but don't have a CD-R to burn, lack a CD writer, or they | want to install on a computer that doesn't have a CD-ROM drive, like an | ultra-portable laptop. `---- http://lubi.sourceforge.net/unetbootin.html Related: Vis...

[News] Ubuntu Linux Gets Good Review, Keeps Getting Better
Ubuntu Linux Just Keeps Getting Better ,----[ Quote ] | Overall, I had a great experience with Ubuntu. I found the | desktop environment comfortable and easy to use. The application | selection was quite good and I had the option to add plenty of | other applications if I wanted to. The installer worked well, and | I even got to try Ubuntu via the Live CD without actually installing | a thing. `---- http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1697,1999327,00.asp ...

[News] ASUS EEE Gets New Linux

Web resources about - [News] Ruby Gets Roadmap, Qt 4.7 Gets New Features - comp.os.linux.advocacy

Feature - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Feature Request: Family Sharing w/ individual payments, shared iCloud storage upgrades, more
I’ve never been a Family Sharing user, Apple’s feature that allows families to share iCloud account access for things like photos and music on ...

Feature Friday: Customized 3D Printed Objects
Our portfolio company Shapeways offers customization options in their marketplace of 3D printed objects. Let’s say you want a “card case” for ...

iPhone 7 might match Galaxy S7’s best new feature, and it’s Samsung’s fault
The camera of the Galaxy S7 is without a doubt one of the best new features in Samsung’s newest flagship series. In fact, when unveiling the ...

Tesla has finally fixed a huge problem with one of its most important features
... Model X is trying to redefine what an electric crossover SUV can be. Tesla, however, has always dropped the ball on one essential feature of ...

These mapped-out trip itineraries are the coolest part of Google's new travel feature
... much time figuring out how to get from one attraction to another, and not enough time actually experiencing them. Google's new travel feature, ...

BizWireTV’s Accelerator Report Features Hot Startups and the Next Gen of Earbuds
BizWireTV&rsquo;s Accelerator Report Features Hot Startups and the Next Gen of Earbuds

Bracketology: Bottom of bracket features teams with subpar resumes
Michigan, Monmouth and St. Mary's may make tournament field with resumes which would miss most years.

‘Captain America: Civil War’ trailer features more death, Bucky & Spider-Man
I don’t really care about Marvel characters, sorry not sorry. I pay attention to Marvel stuff because it’s my job, but I honestly cannot wait ...

Electric GT World Series Will Feature Tesla Model S P85+
... The new series has already won support from the FIA, the international motorsports sanctioning [&hellip Electric GT World Series Will Feature ...