[News] Samsung Sells Linux (Ballnux) Phones at Almost 100 Times The Pace of Microsoft "KIN", Makes Linux TVs

200,000 Galaxy S Handset Sold in Korea After Only 10 Days

,----[ Quote ]
| Considering that Apple's iPhone 3GS sold a
| little over 800,000 units in roughly 8
| months, this is big news for Samsung.
`----

http://www.androidguys.com/2010/07/05/200000-galaxy-handset-sold-korea-10-days/

Review: The 'demure' Samsung N210 netbook

,----[ Quote ]
| If you don’t need a full Windows
| environment, HyperSpace Instant-on takes
| you online in seconds, if you don’t want
| to wait for Windows 7 to boot. This is a
| Linux set-up which may not suit all users
| but is certainly quick.
`----

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/yourbusiness/businesstechnology/7863601/Review-The-demure-Samsung-N210-netbook.html

Vodafone 360 Samsung H2 officially launched

,----[ Quote ]
| The Samsung H1 runs off the Linux-based
| LiMO operating system, using the Vodafone
| 360 skin, and features an 8-megapixel
| camera and one of Samsung’s fab Super
| AMOLED screens, as seen in the Samsung
| Galaxy S.
`----

http://www.fonehome.co.uk/2010/07/08/vodafone-360-samsung-h2-officially-launched/

Sprint Announces $99 Samsung Intercept for July 11

http://www.androidguys.com/2010/07/08/sprint-announces-99-samsung-intercept-july-11/

TVs too:

Samsung Aims to be Smartest TV in the Connected TV Market

http://www.appmarket.tv/news/160-breaking-news/451-samsung-aims-to-be-smartest-tv-in-the-connected-tv-market.html

MobiTV by the Numbers

http://www.androidguys.com/2010/07/07/mobitv-numbers/

Recent:

Microsoft Kin ad encourages you to send moob shots to girls

,----[ Quote ]
| Consumer Reports is calling out Microsoft
| (NSDQ: MSFT) for its Kin ads because it’s
| “creepy” that one ad apparently shows some
| hip dudester sending pictures of his chest
| to some equally hip lady.
`----

http://www.intomobile.com/2010/04/15/microsoft-kin-ad-encourages-you-to-send-moob-shots-to-girls.html

Microsoft Kin upshirt ad called 'creepy'

,----[ Quote ]
| I'm sure there are few people left in the
| world who have not, at one time or another,
| sent a picture of their most favorable body
| parts to someone they loved. Or at least
| coveted. Or at least knew. I am, therefore,
| moved to photograph the frothing in my
| brain caused by the controversy surrounding
| a video for Microsoft's new Kin phones
| aimed at young social-networking hipsters.
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-20002585-71.html

Microsoft KIN Phones Strictly For Kids

http://www.informationweek.com/news/storage/portable/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=224300026

Can Kin, Windows Phone 7 Series Rescue Redmond?

http://www.enterprisemobiletoday.com/news/article.php/3876231/Can-Kin-Windows-Phone-7-Series-Rescue-Redmond.htm

Microsoft: Windows Phone 7 won't arrive 'feature complete'

http://www.fiercedeveloper.com/story/microsoft-windows-phone-7-wont-arrive-feature-complete/2010-04-11

0
newsgroups3 (79677)

"Heroes" again, or "Linux in the Wild" or "Linux on TV", this time with screenshots
Allrighty, doubters and wintrolls. I've posted some screen shots from the KDE appearance on NBC's new series "Heroes" http://www.newtnotes.com/?itemid=189&catid=3 Linux in the wild. What more proof do you need? later... -- JDS | jeffrey@go.away.com | http://www.newtnotes.com DJMBS | http://newtnotes.com/doctor-jeff-master-brainsurgeon/ JDS wrote: > Allrighty, doubters and wintrolls. I've posted some screen shots from the > KDE appearance on NBC's new series "Heroes" > > http://www.newtnotes.com/?itemid=189&catid=3 ...

[News] Hadrons Running on GNU/Linux, "Linux is our OS of choice"

Win7: "almost a dream OS", Linux: "WHAT A NIGHTMARE !!!"
"It's nicer than Vista, faster than XP -- almost a dream OS." http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9136192/Windows_7_How_low_can_you_go_?taxonomyId=89&pageNumber=3 "Of importance in the spec was 8GB RAM and I speced a NVidia 8600 GTS graphics card .... WHAT A NIGHTMARE !!! Since then ... I�ve installed various flavors of Linux and continually had lockups/hard freezes (No Num Lock or Caps lock... and you can�t ping the machine). Flavors of Linux that I tried were Ubuntu (7.04 64bit, 7.10 32bit and 64bit, 8.04 Alpha4 64bit), Debian Etch 64bit, Debian Lenny 64bit. All experienced random lockups." http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=587905&highlight=freeze&page=60 Moshe Goldfarb wrote: > Notice the latest FUD from the Linux community. Sounds the same as the earlier FUD from the Linux "community". > Windows 7 = Vista = no improvements while Ubuntu has gone > through xxyy versions since then. And they're now on the 12th unfinished release of Fedora crapware. > Yea, what they don't tell you is that Ubuntu has actually gotten > *worse* with each new release. > > The Ubuntu forums clearly show this. Yep. The Jaunty Crapalope freezing thread now has nearly 600 posts. 1/3 of the victims polled had install or upgrade problems they were unable to fix. sniff, sniff... Micoshaft Appil asstroturfing fraudster pounding the sock DFS wrote on behalf of Half Wits from Micoshaft Appil Dep...

[News] New Set-top Box Runs Linux, "Linux will Be the Major OS [in This Area]"
Device Profile: SysMaster M10 set-top box ,----[ Quote ] | SysMaster used embedded Linux to build a set-top box with a dizzying array | of audio, video, networking, communications, and data capabilities. The | Tornado M10 Digital Media Center runs Linux 2.6.19, and targets phone and | IP network operators wishing to offer a wide range of services. | | [....] | | Yosifov predicts a bright future for Linux in the embedded device market. | "We believe Linux will be the major OS used in embedded system development | because of its small footprint, reliability, power, and available sof...

"Suse Linux is ideal"..."Linux is perfect for anything"
"Conclusion SuSE Linux is ideal for anyone. Plain and simple. If your PC is reasonably new and has a large-ish hard drive Linux is perfect for anything." http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B00006JT8L/ref=cm_cr_dp_all_helpful/279-0064730-3629436?ie=UTF8&coliid=&showViewpoints=1&colid=&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending It just w.... ...

[News] Microsoft "Hires Astroturfers" to Combat Linux "Cancer"

[News] [Linux] The "The $72 PC" Runs Linux
The $72 PC ,----[ Quote ] | The computer boots from a USB flash drive running an operating system | called Damn Small Linux that can handle just about any job. Got any | grand ideas for a sub-C-note PC? `---- http://www.popsci.com/popsci/how20/157a2ea4fc033110vgnvcm1000004eecbccdrcrd.html#77017053692583357 Roy Schestowitz wrote: > The $72 PC > > ,----[ Quote ] > | The computer boots from a USB flash drive running an operating system > | called Damn Small Linux that can handle just about any job. Got any > | grand ideas for a sub-C-note PC? > `---- > > http:/...

[News] Nokia's Linux-based N900 a "resounding success"; Dell's Linux Phone is Reviewed, Coming Soon

[News] Mainstream News Coverage About GNU/Linux at Schools, "Linux Against Poverty" Collects PCs

[News] Android/Linux is Free, Samsung and LG Pay Microsoft for It (and Complain About Trolls), Microsoft Labeled a "Patent Troll"

[News] Microsoft Makes it More Difficult for Windows "to Compete with Linux"

[News] Google Chrome OS (Linux) as "Endgame" Against Microsoft

[News] Linux Supported by a Big Red
Don't let the trolls spew out just the negative spins to this story. Big Blue and Big Red now jointly work to address the demand for Linux (yesterday's news). Announcing Oracle Unbreakable Linux ,----[ Quote ] | Oracle Unbreakable Linux is a support program that | provides enterprises with industry-leading global | support for Linux. Recognizing the demand for true | enterprise-quality Linux support and seeing an | opportunity to significantly reduce IT infrastructure | costs, Oracle is now offering Linux operating | system support. `---- http://www.oracle.com/technologies/linux/in...

[News] The "Linux Agenda" and Linux Flipping Over the 2% Rule
The Secret Linux Agenda ,----[ Quote ] | For all its problems: many self inflicted, I still think Open is better. I'm | a glass-half-full type. I also remind myself all the time that despite | appearances, Open Source is not a computer religion. It is just a good idea. | | And it is... The Secret Linux Agenda `---- http://talk.bmc.com/blogs/blog-carl/steve-carl/The-Secret-Linux-Agenda Needed - The Two Percent Solution ,----[ Quote ] | With the exception of an ant colony and a kibbutz, two percent of the | population will fuel and affect the progress of that society. The rest of ...

Linux: freezes make it unusable on a "Linux certified" computer
"I have had mixed experience with Hardy. Freezes make it unusable on my Linux Certified LC2464 laptop, and I found that Fedora Core 9 freezes in the same way on this machine. On the other hand, Hardy works very well on my System76 Darter laptop (aside from a power management glitch)." #174 at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=765510&highlight=freeze&page=18 Linux just works! Unless you install it on a "Linux Certified" computer. On Sat, 28 Jun 2008 09:54:42 -0400, DFS wrote: > "I have had mixed experience with Hardy. Freezes make it unusa...

Real Linux Users discuss how to make Linux "not suck".
You "advocate$" should watch this. And learn from it. http://lunduke.com/?p=429 Discussions including OpenOffice errors, Ubuntu rewriting xorg settings, kernel updates wrecking video drivers (hello Chris!). All cushioned by the first 5 minutes of them not getting dual screen working properly on their Linux presentation laptop .... You could not make it up. Bottom line though : a pragmatic and wonderful presentation. Hadron <hadronquark@gmail.com> writes: > You "advocate$" should watch this. And learn from it. > > http://lunduke.com/?p=429 > > Discussions including OpenOffice errors, Ubuntu rewriting xorg settings, > kernel updates wrecking video drivers (hello Chris!). All cushioned by > the first 5 minutes of them not getting dual screen working properly on > their Linux presentation laptop .... You could not make it up. > > Bottom line though : a pragmatic and wonderful presentation. > Wonderful presentation. He should post to COLA. The "advocates" would call him a liar in no time. He was spot on. On 2009-10-12, Hadron <hadronquark@gmail.com> wrote: > > > Hadron <hadronquark@gmail.com> writes: > >> You "advocate$" should watch this. And learn from it. >> >> http://lunduke.com/?p=429 >> >> Discussions including OpenOffice errors, Ubuntu rewriting xorg settings, >> kernel updates wrecking video drivers (hello Chris!). All cushio...

20 years of Linux Advocacy, who are those self anointed Linux "advocates"?
Most lies told: Roy "Spammer" Spamowitz (10 ahead of Liarmutt) Rudest poster: Peter K�hlmann (called people "retards" 289 times/ "idiot' 512 times), <Tattoo Vampire just has to try harder!> Thickest poster: (W)Ron(g)B (awarded for life btw as obviously no one is ever going to pip him). Pettiest "Net Nanny" and most pursing of lips: Willy "Filters" Boaster, ex aequo chrisv / HPT Poster most liable to send you to sleep: Rex Ballard Most incomprehensible poster: Jebbediah Biggest "it's ok to steal things" GPL offender: Andrew "I have a degree" Halliwell Poster most up his own arse: Mark Kent Most paranoid clown: [Homer] Most useless poster (20 gigabytes of other peoples work) : High Plains Rafael/Thumper/Wendy. Poster most likely to be put in a strait jacket and carted off : 7. Lifetime stupidity award: Terry Telnet and Gortard (hard to decide who's the biggest cretin.) -- Desktop Linux: The Dream Is Dead "By the time Microsoft released the Windows 7 beta in January 2009, Linux had clearly lost its chance at desktop glory." [............] "Ultimately, Linux is doomed on the desktop because of a critical lack of content. And that lack of content owes its existence to two key factors: the fragmentation of the Linux platform, and the fierce ideology of the open-source community at large." http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/207999/desktop_linux_the_dream_is_dead.h...

[News] LinuxCon 2010 Targets Linux, But "GNU/Linux" is Important

[News] More Linux Myths Busted, Including the "Cheap" Linux User
Top 5 Linux Myths ,----[ Quote ] | The sheer ignorance regarding casual Linux users astounds me to no end. While | I'm not interested in pointing fingers, there is a lot of misinformation | about the Linux community, and we will help to dispel some of these myths, | once and for all. | | 1. Linux Users Are Cheap. Ah, this is one of my favorites. It seems that | Linux users have long since been seen as cheap, despite the fact that so many | of them in the States earn up to six figures. First, define cheap? Are we | cheap because we choose not to buy brand new everything with eve...

[News] [Linux] Linux Mint 3.0 ("Cassandra") Released
[Site already down (could be due to demand, just like Ubuntu and PCLOS)] Torrent Details For "Linux Mint 3.0 "Cassandra" CD Image" ,----[ Quote ] | Linux Mint 3.0, code name "Cassandra", has been released: This is Linux | Mint 3.0 based on Linux Mint 2.2 'Bianca' and compatible with Ubuntu | 7.04 Feisty and its repositories. `---- http://www.tuxdistro.com/torrents-details.php?id=270 ...

Web resources about - [News] Samsung Sells Linux (Ballnux) Phones at Almost 100 Times The Pace of Microsoft "KIN", Makes Linux TVs - comp.os.linux.advocacy