[News] Skype for GNU/Linux 2.1 is Near, More Applications for GNU/Linux Reviewed

Skype for Linux 2.1 Beta 2 adds screen sharing

,----[ Quote ]
| Nearly five months after the release of the
| first beta, the Skype for Linux developers
| have announced the availability of the
| second beta for version 2.1 of their Linux
| Skype client. In addition to several
| localisation updates and bug fixes, version
| 2.1.0.81 of Skype for Linux adds a number
| of new features that have been available on
| Mac and Windows editions of Skype for some
| time. The full release for Windows is
| currently at version 4.1 and for Mac OS X
| is at version 2.8.
`----

http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/Skype-for-Linux-2-1-Beta-2-adds-screen-sharing-909596.html

Try The New Terminator 0.90 (Alpha 1)

http://www.webupd8.org/2010/01/try-new-terminator-090-alpha-1.html

Review: Ubuntu Tweak 0.5 – Making life easier in Ubuntu

,----[ Quote ]
| It’s called Ubuntu tweak and you can get it
| from http://ubuntu-tweak.com/. The new version
| of Ubuntu tweak (0.5) came out about 2 weeks
| ago and has some improvements in it so go
| ahead and grab it from their website.
`----

http://duncsweb.com/2010/01/20/review-ubuntu-tweak-0-5-making-life-easier-in-ubuntu/

Recent:

Skype tells the FCC to require net neutrality.

,----[ Quote ]
| VOICE OVER IP AND CHAT OUTFIT Skype has
| been pressing its case in favour of net
| neutrality to the US Federal Communications
| Commision (FCC).
|
| Skype, which is based on its own
| proprietary technology, depends on net
| neutrality to survive. If the telcos and
| some ISPs get their way, Skype punters will
| probably be identified as filesharers and
| get throttled to within an inch of their
| lives.
|
| Skype told the FCC that net neutrality was
| "about growing the broadband ecosystem and
| preserving a borderless, open Internet" and
| that it would "promote investment, jobs and
| innovation."
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/1587334/skype-tells-fcc-require-net-neutrality

Skype preps open source Linux VoIP UI

,----[ Quote ]
| Skype announced that it is working on an open
| source UI layer for its Linux VoIP client.
| Although apparently not fully open source, the
| upcoming version of the Skype client for Linux
| could enable more open development of client
| front ends, including those for mobile devices.
`----

http://www.linuxfordevices.com/c/a/News/Skype-21-beta-for-Linux/?kc=rss

0
newsgroups3 (79677)

[News] Review of Windows Applications on GNU/Linux, Other Killer Applications for GNU/Linux

[News] New Reviews of GNU/Linux Applications (or Windows Applications Running Under GNU/Linux)

[News] GNU/Linux-only Applications in Review, NCP Brings Gateway to GNU/Linux

[News] SynaptiCAD Targets GNU/Linux, Review of Feed-reading Application for GNU/Linux

[News] Pagico Comes to GNU/Linux, Miro 2.0 on GNU/Linux Reviewed

Web resources about - [News] Skype for GNU/Linux 2.1 is Near, More Applications for GNU/Linux Reviewed - comp.os.linux.advocacy

Patent application could see the Apple Watch calling 911 when it detects a heart-attack
A patent application describes how the Apple Watch and iPhone could work together to detect medical emergencies like a heart attack, and automatically ...

Donald Trump is causing a spike in naturalization applications among Latino immigrants
... report published today in the New York Times, Donald Trump’s overtly racist rhetoric against Latinos has led to a spike in naturalization applications ...

Western Digital Introduces Its First Helium-Filled HDDs for Consumer Applications
... two models with 10 TB capacity. This week Western Digital unveiled the world’s first family of helium-filled HDDs designed for consumer applications, ...

Google now accepting applications for open source Summer of Code 2016
... of selection. Our Student Manual provides lots of helpful advice to get you started on choosing an organization and crafting a great application". ...

Introducing Analytics for Google Cast Applications
... Engineer on the Google Cast Server Infrastructure Team As a Google Cast developer, you may be wondering how many devices access your application, ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Decreased in Latest Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 27% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications decreased 4.8 percent from one week earlier, ...

Review: 5 application security testing tools compared
Users weigh in on favorite features, room for improvement.

Mortgage applications eke out gain
A growing divide in the mortgage market has emerged between refinance applications and those needed to purchase a home.

IDG Contributor Network: GoDaddy goes cloud, and throws in applications for good measure
GoDaddy is a funny beast. On the one hand the hosting business is huge, boasting 14 million customers worldwide and managing over 60 million ...