[News] Splashtop's Role as Linux Advocacy/Marketing Tool, Linux-based EeePC 900 Review

0
newsgroups3 (79677)

On Tue, 03 Jun 2008 07:52:16 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Not Just a Flash in the Pan

Using Linux and Flash in the same sentence is an oxymoron.
Linux's support for Flash has been dismal from day one.

--
Moshe Goldfarb
Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
<1xwyj7qj0p2wv.385rn5fu18j1$.dlg@40tude.net>:
> On Tue, 03 Jun 2008 07:52:16 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

>> Not Just a Flash in the Pan
>
> Using Linux and Flash in the same sentence is an oxymoron.
> Linux's support for Flash has been dismal from day one.

We'll see what happens with Moonlight.

#191, ewill3@earthlink.net
Useless C/C++ Programming Idea #10239993:
char * f(char *p) {char *q = malloc(strlen(p)); strcpy(q,p); return q; }
ewill5 (11075)
6/4/2008 5:37:42 AM
____/ The Ghost In The Machine on Wednesday 04 June 2008 06:37 : \____

> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Moshe Goldfarb.
> <brick_n_straw@gmail.com>
>  wrote
> on Tue, 3 Jun 2008 03:08:41 -0400
> <1xwyj7qj0p2wv.385rn5fu18j1$.dlg@40tude.net>:
>> On Tue, 03 Jun 2008 07:52:16 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

>>> Not Just a Flash in the Pan
>>
>> Using Linux and Flash in the same sentence is an oxymoron.
>> Linux's support for Flash has been dismal from day one.
>>

> We'll see what happens with Moonlight.

It's banned from Fedora.
--
                ~~ Best of wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Rid your machine from malware. Install GNU/Linux.
         run-level 2  2008-04-15 01:48                   last=
newsgroups3 (79677)
6/4/2008 7:48:15 PM
On Wed, 04 Jun 2008 20:48:15 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> ____/ The Ghost In The Machine on Wednesday 04 June 2008 06:37 : \____
>
>> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Moshe Goldfarb.
>> <brick_n_straw@gmail.com>
>>  wrote
>> on Tue, 3 Jun 2008 03:08:41 -0400
>> <1xwyj7qj0p2wv.385rn5fu18j1$.dlg@40tude.net>:

>>> Using Linux and Flash in the same sentence is an oxymoron.
>>> Linux's support for Flash has been dismal from day one.
>>>

>> We'll see what happens with Moonlight.
>>
> It's banned from Fedora.

Why is that?

--
Moshe Goldfarb
Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
0
brick_n_straw (4058)
<newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
 wrote
<1918163.UulmRqmKu0@schestowitz.com>:
> ____/ The Ghost In The Machine on Wednesday 04 June 2008 06:37 : \____
>
>> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Moshe Goldfarb.
>> <brick_n_straw@gmail.com>
>>  wrote
>> on Tue, 3 Jun 2008 03:08:41 -0400
>> <1xwyj7qj0p2wv.385rn5fu18j1$.dlg@40tude.net>:

>>> Using Linux and Flash in the same sentence is an oxymoron.
>>> Linux's support for Flash has been dismal from day one.
>>>

>> We'll see what happens with Moonlight.
>>
> It's banned from Fedora.

I suppose it might be.  A quick Google coughed up

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ForbiddenItems

which among other things mentions MP3 decoders, Flash,
ndiswrapper, and Moonlight.  Given their premise:

    The Fedora Project strongly encourages using free and
    open source software. Fedora has licensing guidelines
    that enforce the following requirements:

    * If it is proprietary, it cannot be included in Fedora.
    * If it is legally encumbered, it cannot be included in
      Fedora.
    * If it violates United States federal law, it cannot be
      included in Fedora.

not all that unreasonable, though it might be unfortunate for those who
wanted to use it.  Of course one can also get the RPM from
other sources, or build it oneself if one can find the source.

#191, ewill3@earthlink.net
Windows.  Because it's not a question of if.
It's a question of when.
ewill5 (11075)

http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2008/01/moshe-goldfarb-troll.html
http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2007/01/flatfish-troll.html

Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

Don't like these posts? Stop feeding the troll