[News] SynaptiCAD Targets GNU/Linux, Review of Feed-reading Application for GNU/Linux

SynaptiCAD launches 64bit simulation environment

,----[ Quote ]
| SynaptiCAD has released a 64bit Linux
| version of Verilogger Extreme, a Verilog
| simulation and debug environment.
|
| The 64bit simulator runs 30 per cent
| faster than the 32bit version and can
| simulate much larger designs.
|
| This is because 64bit Linux applications
| can use a system's full memory, while
| 32bit applications are limited to 3GB of
| memory.
`----

http://www.electronicstalk.com/news/syv/syv105.html

Newsbeuter feed reader

,----[ Quote ]
| News comes along thick and fast these
| days, and to keep on top of it all a feed
| reader is essential. Most news services
| and blogs worth their salt utilize RSS
| (really simple syndication) feeds to make
| gathering this information easier. Once
| you have your feeds from all of your
| favourite sites set up, you never really
| have to manually visit the sites ever
| again: instead the news is brought
| straight to you. So, with Newsbeuter 2.1
| out just last month, I took the
| opportunity to try out the latest version
| of my favourite terminal-based feed reader
| and catch up with the lead developer
| Andreas Krennmair.
`----

http://linuxspin.org/2010/01/12/newsbeuter-feed-reader/

Recent:

5 RSS Feed Readers for Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Here are 5 of the most popular, standalone feed reader applications for
| Linux. I didn't include feed readers which come with applications like
| Firefox, Opera or Thunderbird for example, but these can also be considered a
| viable alternative to the ones below.
`----

http://tuxarena.blogspot.com/2009/08/5-rss-feed-readers-for-linux.html

0
newsgroups3 (79677)

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>|because 64bit Linux applications
>|can use a system's full memory,
>|while 32bit applications are limited to 3GB of memory.

Well, 32 bits equates to 4GB
--unless your bloated OS sucks up 1GB right off.
0
jeffm_ (1319)
1/19/2010 3:16:48 AM

0
newsgroups3 (79677)

[News] Review of Windows Applications on GNU/Linux, Other Killer Applications for GNU/Linux

[News] GNU/Linux Luminary on Moving from Microsoft Partner to GNU/Linux

[News] IBM Could Replace Solaris with GNU/Linux, Advertise GNU/Linux

[News] [Linux] Googole Prepares to Release More GNU/Linux Applications
New Google Linux Apps Coming Soon ,----[ Quote ] | The goal of the Google Linux Client Team is to develop Linux | desktop applications, such as what we have seen from Google | Earth and Google Picasa with official Linux versions. | | [...] | | What could this be? Google Desktop for Linux? Google Talk for | Linux? An official Google Talk client for Linux seems to be a | possibility. What are the other "significant accomplishments" | that Google has made for the Linux desktop? `---- http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=751&num=1 Related: GPL author: G...

[News] [Linux] Commercial Music Application Ported to GNU/Linux
energyXT2: Low-Cost Plug-in, Sequencer, DAW, for Windows and Now Linux ,----[ Quote ] | The $75 app energyXT2 starts out sounding similar to other music apps -- | but after a long list of twists, seems anything but. It's a DAW. It's | a sequencer. It's an audio multitracker. (Okay, not so interesting so far | ...) It's a synth. It's a sampler. It's a drum machine. It's a looper. | It runs as a host. It runs in a plug-in. Now it runs on Linux -- making | it perhaps the first significant music creation app to do a | commercial, out-of-box release for the penguin. I...

[News] [Linux] More Speculations About a Google OS Based on GNU/Linux
Google admits that it is going after Microsoft Office... Is Windows next? ,----[ Quote ] | So that brings us to the obvious question: What about the operating | system? There have been rumors for years about a Google PC and/or | Google OS that was based on Linux and aimed at providing a simple, | intuitive desktop for the masses. Naturally, that Google PC would | primarily be an Internet terminal that features Google's online | applications. `---- http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/hiner/?p=465 Still getting slapped for spyware (Dell) and news aggregators... Google stands firm behind N...

Web resources about - [News] SynaptiCAD Targets GNU/Linux, Review of Feed-reading Application for GNU/Linux - comp.os.linux.advocacy

Feed Reading Strategy: Skim, Scan & Save
When I work with someone, I give new RSS users a goal of subscribing to 20-40 RSS feeds, as well as a few search terms important to their own ...

Instagram won't let feed-reading apps browse your pics anymore
If you're one of the few still using a third-party app to browse Instagram feeds, you'll need to make other arrangements soon. The photo-sharing ...

Instagram Kills Off Feed Reading Apps
Only a tiny fraction of Instagram feed reading happens in third-party apps, so Instagram is shutting down its feed API to make feature development ...

Techmeme: Social Feed Reading with Shyftr (Sarah Perez/ReadWriteWeb)
The web's technology news site of record, Techmeme spotlights the hottest tech stories from all around the web on a single page.

Slow Feeds Makes Reading RSS Feeds More Manageable
Though RSS feeds are meant to make it a little easier to stay on top of new items posted on your favorite websites, the sheer number of articles ...

Kelly Ripa Defends Reading Her Daughter's Social Media Feeds
Kelly Ripa notes "there was no social media, no distractions like they have now" when she was growing up, but she knows how to keep an eye on ...

This Arduino Hack Makes Reading RSS Feeds More Fun
Want to check your RSS at a glance? An Arduino-based project might be able to help you.

Amid privacy concerns, Quora stops publishing your reading activity in news feeds
Question-and-answer service Quora has changed the way it displays information on users' activity after a flood of complaints about the site's ...

Instagram Kills Off Feed Reading Apps By Limiting Platform For Consistency
Only a tiny fraction of Instagram feed reading happens in third-party apps, so Instagram is shutting down its feed API to make feature development ...

The GoogleReaderpocalypse Is Upon Us – Google’s Feed Reading Service Unusable Since Sunday
Google Reader , the RSS feed-reading service Google has long since benignly abandoned, has gone completely mad, and Google has yet to acknowledge ...