[News] The "Linux Agenda" and Linux Flipping Over the 2% Rule

The Secret Linux Agenda

,----[ Quote ]
| For all its problems: many self inflicted, I still think Open is better. I'm
| a glass-half-full type. I also remind myself all the time that despite
| appearances, Open Source is not a computer religion. It is just a good idea.
|
| And it is... The Secret Linux Agenda
`----

http://talk.bmc.com/blogs/blog-carl/steve-carl/The-Secret-Linux-Agenda

Needed - The Two Percent Solution

,----[ Quote ]
| With the exception of an ant colony and a kibbutz, two percent of the
| population will fuel and affect the progress of that society. The rest of us
| are either consumers or vendors of those efforts. Sure, the percentages can
| be played with and argued, but taken in average, the number remains fairly
| accurate.
|
| [...]
|
| Why isn't this on the TV? Good question. And I was able to explain it simply
| by telling the group that since Linux isn't a "for profit" commodity, there
| was little to be gained financially from advertising it.
`----

http://blog.lobby4linux.com/index.php?/archives/275-Needed-The-Two-Percent-Solution.html
http://tinyurl.com/2n7ku4

Related:

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.billparish.com/msftfraudfacts.html

,----[ Quote ]
| "As with all pyramid schemes, it is important to get as close to tier
| 1 as possible. From a practical standpoint, usually only tiers 1 and 2
| will derive significant long-term economic rewards from such schemes."
|
| "Microsoft has clearly entered a phase of self destructive behavior
| that began with the "tissue paper campaign" in 1995. This report will
| document this campaign for the first time."
`----

http://reactor-core.org/microsoft-pyramid.html
0
newsgroups3 (79677)

On Aug 24, 5:51 am, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@schestowitz.com>
wrote:
> The Secret Linux Agenda
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | For all its problems: many self inflicted, I still think Open is better. I'm
> | a glass-half-full type. I also remind myself all the time that despite
> | appearances, Open Source is not a computer religion. It is just a good idea.
> |
> | And it is... The Secret Linux Agenda
> `----
>
> http://talk.bmc.com/blogs/blog-carl/steve-carl/The-Secret-Linux-Agenda
>
> Needed - The Two Percent Solution

Hasn't Linux hit 2 percent on the desktop yet?
Pathetic if it hasn't.
Isn't this year supposed to be the year of Linux?
Or was that last year?
Maybe it was the year before?
Next year?

I say never. At the rate Linux is being used on the desktop it will be
2020 before it even
makes a dent in Microsoft's total domination.

How something that is given away for free can have such a miserable
market share is a mystery to me.
Maybe it's because Linux sucks?
That must be it.