[News] Ubuntu Linux Can Be Customised to Look Like Mac OS X (HOWTO)

I can't recall posting this before. If I did, I think it is worth
re-iterating.

http://users.utu.fi/ljtaim/ubuntuosx.php

,----[ Quote ]
| I have noticed that many people try to imitate Mac OSX Tiger's look
| with their current operating system.
`----

Here are some screenshots:

http://users.utu.fi/ljtaim/images/after_big_2.jpg
http://users.utu.fi/ljtaim/images/after_big_3.jpg
0
newsgroups3 (79677)

__/ [ Roy Schestowitz ] on Monday 19 June 2006 09:57 \__

> I can't recall posting this before. If I did, I think it is worth
> re-iterating.
>
> http://users.utu.fi/ljtaim/ubuntuosx.php
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | I have noticed that many people try to imitate Mac OSX Tiger's look
> | with their current operating system.
> `----
>
> Here are some screenshots:
>
> http://users.utu.fi/ljtaim/images/after_big_2.jpg
> http://users.utu.fi/ljtaim/images/after_big_3.jpg

Update: I realised that I had previously posted a link to another Ubuntu
HOWTO from the same guy, namely _this one_:

        http://users.utu.fi/ljtaim/dapper-improvments.php

Either way, it's almost like having free Mac eye candy (see 2 screenshots
above), with extra flash such as Comviz/XGL on top. Demand for resources is
probably lower, too. It's only a matter of time until people digest these
fact and see it for themselves. This new HOWTO will probably reach many Web
sites within days.
0
newsgroups3 (79677)