[News] Video of Palm's New Linux-based OS

[It's not truly Palm(Source), it's ALP, but still...]

A Close Up View of Access Linux Platform at 3GSM ( with Video)

,----[ Quote ]
| Several shots show a smartphone emulator running the Access Linux
| Platform (ALP). Here you can see ALP's Today Screen, Applications
| Launcher (see top image), Garnet VM controls and a number other
| status and preference screens. Next up is an actual developer
| phone shown running ALP in a screen shot and a minute-and-a-half
| video.
`----

http://www.pdastreet.com/articles/2007/2/2007-2-14-A-Close-Up.html
0
newsgroups3 (79677)

On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 18:21:15 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> A Close Up View of Access Linux Platform at 3GSM ( with Video)

Linux-*based* but is it Linux-*compatible*??

For example, the Zaurus wasn't natively "compatible" with Linux desktops.
Same with other Linux-based phones, PDAs, appliances, and whathaveyou.

It has always seemed odd to me that the embedded OS could be Linux and yet
the device nto work with my desktop. Oh well....

--
JDS

0
jeffrey9281 (297)
2/16/2007 8:22:56 PM
__/ [ JDS ] on Friday 16 February 2007 20:22 \__

> On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 18:21:15 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> A Close Up View of Access Linux Platform at 3GSM ( with Video)
>
> Linux-*based* but is it Linux-*compatible*??
>
> For example, the Zaurus wasn't natively "compatible" with Linux desktops.
> Same with other Linux-based phones, PDAs, appliances, and whathaveyou.
>
> It has always seemed odd to me that the embedded OS could be Linux and yet
> the device nto work with my desktop. Oh well....

True. There's a recent short article about this.

http://www.madpenguin.org/cms/?m=show&id=7734

--
                ~~ Greetings

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Those who can, Open-Source
http://Schestowitz.com  |  Open Prospects   �     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
Tasks: 127 total,   1 running, 122 sleeping,   0 stopped,   4 zombie
newsgroups3 (79677)