[News] xorg-server 1.8.2 is Out, xorg-server 1.9 Out Soon

0
newsgroups3 (79677)

Oracle server 9.2.0.1.0, Client 9.2.0.4.0, Red Hat Linux enterprise advanced server 2.1
Hi Everybody, My Database server is running on Red Hat Linux enterprise advanced server 2.1, And my Oracle version is 9.2.0.1.0. My Client mechine also Red Hat Linux enterprise advanced server 2.1 , Oracle client version is 9.2.0.4.0. I am running a web application. Our application is in Magic edeveloper. I connect to Oracle using oracle gateway to my application. My Problem is my application is is becoming slow. I am not able to trace where the problem is. Before our application was running fine. recently i upgraded Oracle client version to 9.2.0.4.0. My Oracle client & server versions are different. I am getting error on my client mechine, it showing all memory address on the screen and the part of error is, arg register addr=83498cc .... Dump of memory from 0x83988c to 0x83499cc .... -- End of Call stack trace -- I am not able to trace where the problem is.Any insight please... Thanks, Ssreddy. ...

[News] xorg-server 1.8 is Imminent
[ANNOUNCE] xorg-server 1.7.3.902 ,----[ Quote ] | The second (and likely last) release | candidate for 1.7.4 is now available. Dave | has backported the fb patches to 1.7, as said | in the commit it's multiple commits from | master squashed into one to help bisecting. | That issue should hopefully be fixed now but | if it comes back, I'll cut another RC before | 1.7.4. `---- http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xorg/2009-December/048539.html Recent: X Server 1.8 Snapshot 2 Released ,----[ Quote ] | With there being just more than three months | left ...

[News] New Reviews of Tiny Core Linux 2.1, CDLinux 0.9.2, Live Linux Gaming 0.9.5, PCLinuxOS Minime 09.1

Mathematica 5.2 with xorg-server-1.6 and updated Xorg libraries
Is anyone still running Mathematica 5.2 on a linux box? I have had it for a few years, and this version has been excellent and very solid. I run it on a Gentoo box (kernel 2.6.30), with Xorg for the X-window interface. This was until I had a major X upgrade on Gentoo, going from xorg-server-1.5.3 to xorg-server-1.6.3 and also libxcb was upgraded from 1.1 to 1.4, along with other relevant libraries. After this upgrade, my GUI/Frontend crashes X whenever I scroll up! How bizarre is that! The questions I have are following: 1) what does Mathematica 5.2 use for its FrontEnd? It is Qt? Motif? Does someone know the version? 2) how does Mathematica link to the X-related libraries when it is installed on Linux? does it make links to system libraries? If so, do I need to re-link the libraries when I have major updates to this libraries on my system? Maybe this is a cause of why my Frontend crashes X when I scroll - if it isn't linked appropriately. Any information would be greatly appreciated! ...

[News] 4 Linux Releases: Foresight Linux 1.1, Ubuntu CE 2.2, Kwort 2.2, Mandriva 2007.1 RC1
Foresight Linux 1.1 is out ! http://foresightlinux.com/downloads/ Kwort [Slackware derivative] 2.2 final released! ,----[ Quote ] | I'm proud to announce that Kwort 2.2 final version has been released | after a very long time (more than a year). The system is very stable | and very usable. `---- http://kwort.org/?page=NewsViewer&ID=45&PHPSESSID=1d286ac69fabebf18b4db27ded0b277d Mandriva Linux 2007 Spring RC1 (aka "Xianyang") ,----[ Quote ] | New since Mandriva Linux 2007: | | * Major desktop components | o KDE 3.5.6 | o GNOME 2.18 (RC: final release will include GNOME 2.18) | o OpenOffice.org 2.1 | o Mozilla Firefox 2.0 `---- http://wiki.mandriva.com/en/Releases/Mandriva/2007.1/Development/RC1 ...

Linux: Oracle9i DB 9.2, Oracle9i DS 9.0.2, Oracle9i AS 1.0.2.2.1(Forms, Reports) on Fedora Core 1
I have installed with Philippe ALEXANDRE on a laptop Oracle9i DB 9.2, Oracle9i DS 9.0.2, Oracle9i AS 1.0.2.2.1(Forms6i, Reports6i) on Fedora Core 1 the 8th November 2003. All is running OK. Denis ALEXANDRE Assistant Manager, Banque Saradar France http://www.alexnet.fr/ P.S. I am using Oracle and Unix to create an Integrated Banking System since 1987. This banking system is installed in more than 25 other banks. ...

[News] Graphics Stack in Linux to Require Fewer Hurdles; X.Org Server 1.8.1 Released

[News] Next Xorg-server Near Release; Element media.OS 1 Reaches Beta

[News] Linux 2.6.34 Reaches Third Release Candidate, X Server 1.8 is Near

[News] X.org X Server 1.9 is Near, AMD Catalyst 10.6 and OpenCL 1.1 Are Out

[ANN] RubyInstaller: 1.8.7-p299, 1.9.1-p429 and 1.9.2-rc1 installers and packages released
Hello, Wanted to inform that RubyInstaller project released installers and packages for 1.8.7-p299 and 1.9.1-p429, available as usual at RubyForge: http://rubyforge.org/frs/?group_id=3D167 We have also uploaded 1.9.2-rc1 into experimental section of the same group download page. Regards, --=20 Luis Lavena AREA 17 - Perfection in design is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but rather when there is nothing more to take away. Antoine de Saint-Exup=E9ry ...

OS/2 Lan Server V3.0 for sale with OS/2 2.1
http://cm.ebay.com/cm/ck/1065-29296-2357-0?uid=4289490&site=0&ver=LCA080805&item=120067699646&lk=URL ...

Mac OS X Server 1.0, 1.2??
I'm looking for a Mac OS X Server v1.0 or v1.2 install disk? Does anyone have this? eBay does not have it. ...

Best way to upgrade from 1.8.2 to 1.8.4 on Linux? #2
I have installed from source Ruby in the folder /usr/lib/ruby-1.8.2/. (I use Linux) If I do "which ruby" I get /usr/local/bin/ruby. It seems that Ruby has created the folder /usr/local/bin and filled it with ruby, irb, etc... I don't mind, this is all fine. Now my question is: when at XMAS Metz dressed like Santa will bring me Ruby 1.8.4, how should I upgrade? I was thinking do to the following: 1) Remove the folder /usr/lib/ruuby-1.8.2/ 2) Install Ruby 1.8.4 from source in /usr/lib/ruby-1.8.4/ 3) During the Installation of Ruby 1.8.4, it will overwrite automatically the folder...

[News] xorg-server 1.6 Almost Here

[ANN] Arachno Ruby IDE 0.1.1 (for SUSE 9.1/9.2 and Ubuntu Linux)
Hello, This fixes a few small bugs, so that it now runs after installation (very usefull feature :-) It requires Kernel 2.6 and if you have a newer glibc and should otherwise work distribution independent. No RPM file at the moment, everything lives in $HOME/ArachnoRuby. You can download it from http://www.ruby-ide.com/download_ruby.php -- Best regards, emailto: scholz at scriptolutions dot com Lothar Scholz http://www.ruby-ide.com CTO Scriptolutions Ruby, PHP, Python IDE 's This version runs fine on archlinux...

Oracle9i DB 9.2, Oracle9i DS 9.0.2, Oracle9i AS 1.0.2.2.1(Forms, Reports) on Fedora Core 1
I have installed Oracle9i DB 9.2, Oracle9i DS 9.0.2, Oracle9i AS 1.0.2.2.1(Forms6i, Reports6i) on Fedora Core 1 the 8th November 2003. All is running OK. Denis ALEXANDRE Assistant Manager, Banque Saradar France http://www.alexnet.fr/ P.S. I am using Oracle and Unix to create an Integrated Banking System since 1987. This banking system is installed in more than 25 other banks. alex@alexnet.fr wrote: > I have installed > Oracle9i DB 9.2, Oracle9i DS 9.0.2, Oracle9i AS 1.0.2.2.1(Forms6i, Reports6i) > on Fedora Core 1 > the 8th November 2003. All is running OK. > > Denis ALEXANDRE > Assistant Manager, Banque Saradar France > http://www.alexnet.fr/ > > P.S. I am using Oracle and Unix to create an Integrated Banking System since 1987. > This banking system is installed in more than 25 other banks. > > Great - after this coming out in the open, do you care to explain how you installed Portal Rel 1 in a 9.2 instance? -- Regards, Frank van Bortel Frank wrote: > alex@alexnet.fr wrote: > >> I have installed >> Oracle9i DB 9.2, Oracle9i DS 9.0.2, Oracle9i AS 1.0.2.2.1(Forms6i, >> Reports6i) >> on Fedora Core 1 >> the 8th November 2003. All is running OK. >> >> Denis ALEXANDRE >> Assistant Manager, Banque Saradar France >> http://www.alexnet.fr/ >> >> P.S. I am using Oracle and Unix to create an Integrated Banking System >> since 1987. >...

Palm Desktop 4.1 won't sync with Mac (OS 9.1/9.2.2)
Hi, I dl'd Palm Desktop 4.1 and installed it both on a G3 b/w (OS 9.2.2) with a m500 connected via USB and on an old Powerbook 3400c (OS 9.1) with a IBM Workpad c3 (= Palm Vx) connected via serial cradle. None of both Palms is recognized by the Mac. I tried differrent settings, but couldn't figure out how to make it work. Palms, OS versions and both USB and serial connection are stated to be compatible by Palm support readme. Any help? Thanks Alex -- To reply, remove "NOMORESPAM" from address. ...

[NEWS] Linux now on 0.1% of corporate desktop
The freetards can complain all they want that "web stats" don't tell the whole story but these figures aren't from web stats. This is an enterprise (ie "corporate") usage survey and the CIO/CTO of a company like IBM, Exxon, 3M and Boeing knows *exactly* what OS and applications are being used on the desktop by their employees. <quote> Sure, XP may be beginning its decline, but it still powered 86 percent of enterprise Windows PCs by March, according to the July 22 report. With the release of Windows 7 coming Oct. 22, businesses are expected to wait until at least then to upgrade. Between June 2008 and this past March, use of Windows Vista grew from 7.3 percent to 11.9 percent, according to the technology and market research firm. Over the study period, Mac OS X use grew from 2.7 percent to 3.6 percent - a market share Forrester called "impressive." "Just imagine the possibilities if Apple actually formulated an enterprise strategy - something it seemingly has no intention of doing," Gray wrote. The report, which Forrester made available to seattlepi.com, also notes Windows 2000 use was at 1.2 percent by March, and that Linux use was at 0.1 percent of the corporate PC market. </quote> http://blog.seattlepi.com/microsoft/archives/174987.asp?from=blog_last3 On Thu, 30 Jul 2009 11:19:53 -0400, Ezekiel wrote: > The freetards can complain all they want that "web stats" don't tell ...

math changes from 1.8.1 to 1.8.2?
I've got some code that does simulated fixed-point math and things like exp(-x). I find that my simulations work fine on a Windows XP box, Pentium IV, Ruby 1.8.2. However, when I run the same exact Ruby code on my Powerbook G4 running Ruby 1.8.1 I get lots of errors from my unit tests. I suspect that what I'm doing is really stressing the floating point operations so it could just be a difference between the G4 and Pentium FPUs, but I'm also wondering if there were changes between Ruby 1.8.1 and Ruby 1.8.2 that might account for this (even changes to the way Bignum works...

2 sendmail server on 1 server?
hello i see the daemon and port options.. but is there a way to start 2 different servers (which use his on mail directory etc...) the problem now is i have 2 ips...2 hostnames..but he takes always the first hostname or when i change it in sendmail.cf then he takes the second.. i would need if conn on port xx then 1 if con on port/ip xx2 then host2 thx On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 19:39:31 +0000 richard wrote: > > hello > i see the daemon and port options.. > but is there a way to start 2 different servers (which use his on mail > directory etc...) > the problem now is i have 2 ips...2 hostnames..but he takes always the first > hostname or when i change it in sendmail.cf then he takes the second.. > i would need if conn on port xx then 1 if con on port/ip xx2 then host2 For what it's worth? You know the vhost setup instructions? Alexander -- Alexander Dalloz | Enger, Germany | new address - new key: 0xB366A773 legal statement: http://www.uni-x.org/legal.html Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon kernel 2.6.10-1.9_FC2smp Serendipity 22:53:14 up 14 days, 23 users, load average: 0.23, 0.55, 0.62 hello cause i need 2 different "Server Hostname Replys" i doesnt mean the mail@adr.com Reply/FromTo adr. I mean the hostname which are in the Source of Email so that i can use 2 differents thx ...

JDBC thin driver TCP TIME_WAIT on ORACLE 8.1.7.2.1 (win2k server)
Hi, We are running IBM's WebSphere Application Server on several servers. They all use the same Oracle 8.1.7.2.1 database; the WebSphere servers have a Oracle 8.1.7.2.1 client installed but use the JDBC thin driver to connect to the database. We are running in a production environment; since using WebSphere, we see an enormous amount of TCP TIME_WAIT connections using netstat on the Oracle server. Most of them (around 800) are of the following form (wolnlztmpor01 is a WebSphere server, wolnlztmora01 is our database server and 1521 is its listener port): TCP wolnlztmora01:1521 WOLNLZTMPOR01:1741 TIME_WAIT We also see around 80 TCP connections like this (x and y are both ports>1024): TCP 127.0.0.1:x 127.0.0.1:y TIME_WAIT Closing all connections from the WebSphere server by stopping the java processes (and hence all JDBC connections) does not change anything. I have been studying some material on this topic, from which I conclude that on win2k server these TIME_WAIT connections should cease to exist after 240 seconds (configurable through HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\TcpTimedWaitDelay). Does it make sense to use a lower value here (60 seconds for example)? I also see people who recommend to stop the ORACLE listener process on a regular basis and clean up some ORACLE logs on the filesystem. Perhaps this is a known problem... is there a patch available? Please help, we are facing a deadline here. Regards, Hendrik On 23 Ja...

[News] X Server 1.8.0 Release Scheduled, xf86-video-radeonhd 1.3.0 is Out

[News] ZDNet Survey: 1 in 2 Organisations Runs GNU/Linux Servers

Web resources about - [News] xorg-server 1.8.2 is Out, xorg-server 1.9 Out Soon - comp.os.linux.advocacy