Congratulations!

:-)

--
#191, ewill3@earthlink.net
Q: "Why is my computer doing that?"
A: "Don't do that and you'll be fine."

ewill5 (11075)

Verily I say unto thee, that The Ghost In The Machine spake thusly:
> A little experiment with IE7 and a servlet.  Basically,
> I generated a small PDF file and served it with name
> 'hello.dummy', content type 'application/pdf', through a
> simple custom servlet which just takes a file, determines
> what content-type to use (with .dummy deliberately
> associated with 'application/pdf'), and then dumps it out
> to whoever wants it.
>
> It worked.
>
> Of course Mozilla had no problem handling it either,
> so now Microsoft has apparently caught up with Mozilla.
> Congratulations!
>
> :-)

Too little, too late, I'd say:

"I work in IT and the amount of IE7 uninstalls I have had to do in the
last few weeks is staggering." - user:changlinn on DellIdeaStorm

http://www.dellideastorm.com/article/show/61771

--
K.
http://slated.org - Slated, Rated & Blogged

..----
| "Future archaeologists will be able to identify a 'Vista Upgrade
| Layer' when they go through our landfill sites" - Sian Berry, the
| Green Party.
`----

Fedora Core release 5 (Bordeaux) on sky, running kernel 2.6.19-1.2288.fc5
 01:08:49 up 15 days, 12:34,  3 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.01, 0.00
0
spam95 (5695)
3/7/2007 1:12:43 AM
"The Ghost In The Machine" <ewill@sirius.tg00suus7038.net> wrote in message
>A little experiment with IE7 and a servlet.  Basically,
> I generated a small PDF file and served it with name
> 'hello.dummy', content type 'application/pdf', through a
> simple custom servlet which just takes a file, determines
> what content-type to use (with .dummy deliberately
> associated with 'application/pdf'), and then dumps it out
> to whoever wants it.
>
> It worked.
>
> Of course Mozilla had no problem handling it either,
> so now Microsoft has apparently caught up with Mozilla.
> Congratulations!
>
> :-)

So what conclusion would you draw from all that?  I think that to whatever
extent that this alleged lag would have incented someone to use Mozilla
rather than IE, that incentive has now been removed.

0
acdc (4867)