20 years of Linux Advocacy, who are those self anointed Linux "advocates"?

Most lies told: Roy "Spammer" Spamowitz (10 ahead of Liarmutt)
Rudest poster: Peter K�hlmann (called people "retards" 289 times/ "idiot'
512 times), <Tattoo Vampire just has to try harder!>
Thickest poster: (W)Ron(g)B (awarded for life btw as obviously no one is
ever going to pip him).
Pettiest "Net Nanny" and most pursing of lips: Willy "Filters" Boaster, ex
aequo chrisv / HPT
Poster most liable to send you to sleep: Rex Ballard
Most incomprehensible poster: Jebbediah
Biggest "it's ok to steal things" GPL offender: Andrew "I have a degree"
Halliwell
Poster most up his own arse: Mark Kent
Most paranoid clown: [Homer]
Most useless poster (20 gigabytes of other peoples work) : High Plains
Rafael/Thumper/Wendy.
Poster most likely to be put in a strait jacket and carted off : 7.
Lifetime stupidity award: Terry Telnet and Gortard (hard to decide who's the
biggest cretin.)
--
Desktop Linux: The Dream Is Dead
"By the time Microsoft released the Windows 7 beta in January 2009, Linux

On Sat, 9 Apr 2011 22:08:53 +0200, drs. Desederius Croeck wrote:

> Most lies told: Roy "Spammer" Spamowitz (10 ahead of Liarmutt)
> Rudest poster: Peter K�hlmann (called people "retards" 289 times/ "idiot'
> 512 times), <Tattoo Vampire just has to try harder!>
> Thickest poster: (W)Ron(g)B (awarded for life btw as obviously no one is
> ever going to pip him).
> Pettiest "Net Nanny" and most pursing of lips: Willy "Filters" Boaster, ex
> aequo chrisv / HPT
> Poster most liable to send you to sleep: Rex Ballard
> Most incomprehensible poster: Jebbediah
> Biggest "it's ok to steal things" GPL offender: Andrew "I have a degree"
> Halliwell
> Poster most up his own arse: Mark Kent
> Most paranoid clown: [Homer]
> Most useless poster (20 gigabytes of other peoples work) : High Plains
> Rafael/Thumper/Wendy.
> Poster most likely to be put in a strait jacket and carted off : 7.
> Lifetime stupidity award: Terry Telnet and Gortard (hard to decide who's the
> biggest cretin.)

That's a keeper for sure!!

--
flatfish+++
Please visit our hall of Linux idiots.

Desktop Linux: The Dream Is Dead
"By the time Microsoft released the Windows 7 beta
in January 2009, Linux had clearly lost its chance at desktop glory."
http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/207999/desktop_linux_the_dream_is_dead.html
0
flatfish (4841)

Intel celeberates Linux, "20 years of Linux since its creation"
Linuxcon: 20 years of Linux at Intel ,----[ Quote ] | DAY TWO of Linuxcon Europe included a keynote from Intel | about the last 20 years of Linux since its creation. `---- http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/2120571/linux-intel ...

"Heroes" again, or "Linux in the Wild" or "Linux on TV", this time with screenshots
Allrighty, doubters and wintrolls. I've posted some screen shots from the KDE appearance on NBC's new series "Heroes" http://www.newtnotes.com/?itemid=189&catid=3 Linux in the wild. What more proof do you need? later... -- JDS | jeffrey@go.away.com | http://www.newtnotes.com DJMBS | http://newtnotes.com/doctor-jeff-master-brainsurgeon/ JDS wrote: > Allrighty, doubters and wintrolls. I've posted some screen shots from the > KDE appearance on NBC's new series "Heroes" > > http://www.newtnotes.com/?itemid=189&catid=3 ...

"Suse Linux is ideal"..."Linux is perfect for anything"
"Conclusion SuSE Linux is ideal for anyone. Plain and simple. If your PC is reasonably new and has a large-ish hard drive Linux is perfect for anything." http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B00006JT8L/ref=cm_cr_dp_all_helpful/279-0064730-3629436?ie=UTF8&coliid=&showViewpoints=1&colid=&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending It just w.... ...

Linux advocate (as opposed to "advocate") supports 1% Linux user share
http://thepcspy.com/read/one-percent-myth-is-pretty-accurate/ Dumb Willie, get in here and tell us how MS says in their SEC filing that Linux user share is up to 14%. On Mon, 09 Apr 2012 19:37:02 -0400, DFS wrote: > http://thepcspy.com/read/one-percent-myth-is-pretty-accurate/ > > > Dumb Willie, get in here and tell us how MS says in their SEC filing > that Linux user share is up to 14%. The comments are hysterical..... Of course the Linturds are blaming it on a Microsoft conspiracy. ...

Certain Linux "Advocates" Spell DOOM for Linux
7 recently said: | Hmmmm... I think I hear a sheep again. | Let me adjust the horizontal, tweekthevertical, | redo the undoable, delete a fat partition or two, | and then modulate the high frequencies, | and now see what it sounds like... 7 is an example of an EXTREME "advocate". Lately, 7 has been dishing out friendly fire to fellow, but less extreme, Linux advocates. Example: | *plonk!* | | Luser. | | Another M$ astro turfer posting e-mailed instructions direct from Redmond. While Linux has "advocates" like 7, Linux ain't going nowhere. Which professional company...

"True Linux Advocacy", two years ago
"And yet the vast majority of people *still* choose XP. Ask the reason why and then the path becomes clearer." - "True Linux advocate" Hadron Quark, April 2009 chrisv wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties: > "And yet the vast majority of people *still* choose XP. Ask the reason > why and then the path becomes clearer." - "True Linux advocate" > Hadron Quark, April 2009 Indeed. People don't generally think they need Windows 7 until they "have to" get it (on a new machine). So they *still* choose old XP over new Windows 7. In spite of the Snap feature! :-D -- Well begun is half done. -- Aristotle stupid asshole "chrisv" <chrisv@nospam.invalid> wrote in message news:clgpp65gft2f2ndr35abh4euaqn8736s6g@4ax.com... > > "And yet the vast majority of people *still* choose XP. Ask the reason > why and then the path becomes clearer." - "True Linux advocate" > Hadron Quark, April 2009 > quit stalking you stupid asshole. "chrisv" is a liar. "chrisv" is a piece of shit. Chris Ahlstrom wrote: > In spite of the Snap feature! :-D Ooohhh. "Snap" the "killer app". (Yeah, I know it's not an "app".) How many marketing dollars were spent to hype "Snap", anyway? Imagine if desktop Linux had that kind of marketing money behind it. On Apr 7, 3:46=A0pm, fucktard <chr......

More "True Linux Advocacy" from two years ago
"Windows 7 beta is receiving rave reviews." - "True Linux advocate" Hadron Quark, April 2009 asshole dipshit "chrisv" <chrisv@nospam.invalid> wrote in message news:umgpp61siifn8bohl040d78m6pk6v8ccfk@4ax.com... > > "Windows 7 beta is receiving rave reviews." - "True Linux advocate" > Hadron Quark, April 2009 > asshole stalking turd is still at it. "chrisv" is a liar. "chrisv" is a piece of shit. chrisv wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties: > "Windows 7 beta is receiving rave reviews." - "True Linux advocate" > Hadron Quark, April 2009 It would practically have to, following on the Vista Upgrade Layer disaster. -- Women who want to be equal to men lack imagination. ...

Linux "advocates" are totally unwilling to switch to Linux
In their own words: * Better support for my external peripherals, USB2, Firewire, etc. Camcorders, digital cams, external drives and card readers. * XP provides a faster desktop environment that is more stable than Gnome or KDE." * the [Linux] desktop environments just aren't there yet. * it just feels wrong to me to pay to run a game on Linux when I can just flick to Windows and have a better experience for free * I've never had the trouble with viruses and the like that others have noted * Photoshop CS just 'feels' better all around * I wouldn't see myself usi...

[News] Hadrons Running on GNU/Linux, "Linux is our OS of choice"

[News] Linux 2.6.32 in Review, "Linux is Not an OS"

Any good books on "Linux Socket prog", also on "Linux Network prog"?
Guys: Any good books on "Linux Socket programming", also on "Linux Network programming"?. Any valuable on-line tutorials. Appreciated. GS wrote: > Guys: > > Any good books on "Linux Socket programming", also on "Linux Network > programming"?. Any valuable on-line tutorials. Appreciated. I have never seen one, but since sockets on Linux are basically standard BSD or Unix sockets, try searching for "Unix socket programming" or "Berkeley socket programming". -- Phil Frisbie, Jr. Hawk Software http://www.hawksoft.com Does "Unix socket programming" by Richard Stevens book can be used for Linux socket programming too?. Thanks. Especially looking for beginner who wants to enter into Linux programming (Network side), looking for some books which tells basics Especially looking for beginner who wants to enter into Linux programming (Network side), looking for some books which tells basics GS wrote: > Especially looking for beginner who wants to enter into Linux > programming (Network side), looking for some books which tells basics > I don't want to put a dampener on your enthusiasm, but if you are wanting to do it properly the POSIX way, I wouldn't even consider it unless you are comfortable programming 'C' at the level of understanding how pointers work. You could always consider Java - piece of cake in Java! Steve Is there any on-line text books availa...

Linux "advocate$": "We love Windows money!"
That's why you insist on making a living with Windows your entire lives. Hypocrites. On Thu, 20 Aug 2009 00:18:58 -0400, DFS wrote: > That's why you insist on making a living with Windows your entire lives. > > Hypocrites. It's true..... You know, in my field, entertainment, we have the Mac crowd and the Windows crowd and while we respect each other no Machead will be caught with a Windows machine and vis-verse. We also don't have the stupid wars that go on with Linux vs Windows etc. We respect each other. I look at COLA and instantly it's a complete farce because most of the Linux loons are really using Windows to earn their living. Gee, if Linux is so great, why not use Linux? Moshe Goldfarb wrote: > On Thu, 20 Aug 2009 00:18:58 -0400, DFS wrote: > >> That's why you insist on making a living with Windows your entire >> lives. >> >> Hypocrites. > > It's true..... > You know, in my field, entertainment, we have the Mac crowd and > the Windows crowd and while we respect each other no Machead > will be caught with a Windows machine and vis-verse. > > We also don't have the stupid wars that go on with Linux vs > Windows etc. > > We respect each other. > > I look at COLA and instantly it's a complete farce because most > of the Linux loons are really using Windows to earn their > living. > > Gee, if Linux is so great, why not use Linux? For mos...

[News] New "Going Linux" Show, Review of NVIDIA-Linux Progress This Year

[News] Mainsoft Calls Mono with Linux "Linux 2.0"; Windows Becomes More Like Linux
Starting flag waved for Race to Linux 2.0 ,----[ Quote ] | In a bid to highlight the ease with which applications can be ported | to Linux, the Mono project IBM and Mainsoft will host the 'Race | to Linux 2.0'. `---- http://www.pcpro.co.uk/os/news/106826/starting-flag-waved-for-race-to-linux-20.html Shouldn't this be the other way around? Something like this... Linuxification of an XP desktop ,----[ Quote ] | His case is not the ideal one: keeping Windows for playing specific | games. Some other use cases are more legitimate though: | | * Having a Windows XP desktop at wo...

linux today
bawawawa!!!! linux. I hate it already!!!! http://fr.linuxtoday.com/infrastructure/2010081101435OSMR The consistent failure of Linux to grab even 1% of the desktop OS market Aug 11, 2010 "Linux has been around for almost two decades now. It has become a resounding success as a server OS (for example as the L in the famous LAMP stack), and more recently as a mobile OS (Android). But what about on the desktop? "Linux enthusiasts have been predicting the rise of Linux as a desktop OS for the better part of a decade. To name just one of many examples, in 2003, Siemens Business Systems predicted that Linux would have captured 20% of the desktop market by 2008. "Well, it's now 2010, and desktop Linux isn't even close to 20%. Or one tenth of that." On 2010-10-10, One Shot, One-Kill <fredie@gmail.com> wrote: One snot, one shill wanks on about the shrinking "desktop market"... Who the fuck cares about "the desktop"? Oh, I know ....WINTROLLS... Is there even a desktop "market" any more? Linux is EVERYWHERE! It's on your router..it's in your TV it's on your phone... -- Regards, Gregory. Gentoo Linux - Penguin Power On 10 Oct 2010 05:36:07 GMT, Gregory Shearman <ZekeGregory@netscape.net> wrote: > One snot, one shill wanks on about the shrinking "desktop market"... > Who the fuck cares about "the desktop"? What a total joke he ...

COLA Linux "advocate" 7 = Joseph Michael: "I firmly believe that a fractal mechatronics assembler will defeat all known viruses and cancers in a few years."
Sat, 23 May 1998 21:57:12 -0700: Well now, liar Josh Michael = "7" how is your battle against viruses & cancer cells coming along? http://web.archive.org/web/20070513161507/http://www.leitl.org/sci.nano/4809.html "Getting past viruses & cancer cells" More delusional blabberings of a total moron, COLA Linux "advocate" 7 = Joseph Michael <aside> Let's wait for Creepy Chris Ahlstrom's comment: "How insightfull Mr. President" <giggle> -- Major Linux Problems on the Desktop or Why Linux is not (yet) Ready for the D...

Win7: "almost a dream OS", Linux: "WHAT A NIGHTMARE !!!"
"It's nicer than Vista, faster than XP -- almost a dream OS." http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9136192/Windows_7_How_low_can_you_go_?taxonomyId=89&pageNumber=3 "Of importance in the spec was 8GB RAM and I speced a NVidia 8600 GTS graphics card .... WHAT A NIGHTMARE !!! Since then ... I�ve installed various flavors of Linux and continually had lockups/hard freezes (No Num Lock or Caps lock... and you can�t ping the machine). Flavors of Linux that I tried were Ubuntu (7.04 64bit, 7.10 32bit and 64bit, 8.04 Alpha4 64bit), Debian Etch 64bit, Debian Lenny 64bit. All experienced random lockups." http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=587905&highlight=freeze&page=60 Moshe Goldfarb wrote: > Notice the latest FUD from the Linux community. Sounds the same as the earlier FUD from the Linux "community". > Windows 7 = Vista = no improvements while Ubuntu has gone > through xxyy versions since then. And they're now on the 12th unfinished release of Fedora crapware. > Yea, what they don't tell you is that Ubuntu has actually gotten > *worse* with each new release. > > The Ubuntu forums clearly show this. Yep. The Jaunty Crapalope freezing thread now has nearly 600 posts. 1/3 of the victims polled had install or upgrade problems they were unable to fix. sniff, sniff... Micoshaft Appil asstroturfing fraudster pounding the sock DFS wrote on behalf of Half Wits from Micoshaft Appil Dep...

Watch how a Linux "advocate" objects to "the evil of Microsoft"
On cola: turdv: "I've always objected to the evil of Microsoft" http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/80f7d039e11e8e4f?hl=en In real life: turdv: X-Newsreader: Forte Agent 1.92/32.572 (Windows only) turdv: "I buy a lot of Windows PC's to use as test stations, and I've been buying refurbished XP machines and have no plans to change." http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/540e8d3903f1e9cd?hl=en turdv: "Win7 Home Premium OEM is available for $100 online... My daughter runs it" http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/80f7d039e11e8e4f?hl=en turdv: "Windows is the right choice for my daughter" http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/dc97abd9c7fda51f?hl=en Isn't that special? "DFS" <nospam@dfs.com> wrote in message news:ju15ls$d70$1@dont-email.me... > On cola: > > turdv: "I've always objected to the evil of Microsoft" > http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/80f7d039e11e8e4f?hl=en > > > > In real life: > > > turdv: X-Newsreader: Forte Agent 1.92/32.572 (Windows only) > > turdv: "I buy a lot of Windows PC's to use as test stations, and I've been > buying refurbished XP machines and have no plans to change." > http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/540e8d3903f1e9cd...

Linux Ubuntu 10.10 and Ubuntu 10.04 LTS. the Linux "Swiss cheese" OS
http://www.ubuntu.com/usn/usn-1195-1/ 22 vulnerabilities, nice "patch day", bwahahahahahaaah!, Linux = insecure by design!!!!!!!!!!!! -- Desktop Linux: The Dream Is Dead "By the time Microsoft released the Windows 7 beta in January 2009, Linux had clearly lost its chance at desktop glory." http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b5/Operating_system_usage_share.svg [............] "Ultimately, Linux is doomed on the desktop because of a critical lack of content. And that lack of content owes its existence to two key factors: the fragmentation of the Linux platform, and the fierce ideology of the open-source community at large." http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/207999/desktop_linux_the_dream_is_dead.html Clog_-_wog (®) wrote: > http://www.ubuntu.com/usn/usn-1195-1/ > > 22 vulnerabilities, nice "patch day", bwahahahahahaaah!, Linux = insecure > by design!!!!!!!!!!!! > Can you please explain to me how a library that is maintained mainly by apple (and lately google and some other companies) make linux "insecure by design"? No really, explain it to me: What design exactly is in what way exactly insecure? chris stated in post j38kls$5sc$1@inf2.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de on 8/26/11 10:20 AM: > Clog_-_wog (®) wrote: > >> http://www.ubuntu.com/usn/usn-1195-1/ >> >> 22 vulnerabilities, nice "patch day", bwahahahahahaaah!, Linux = insecure >...

[News] New Set-top Box Runs Linux, "Linux will Be the Major OS [in This Area]"
Device Profile: SysMaster M10 set-top box ,----[ Quote ] | SysMaster used embedded Linux to build a set-top box with a dizzying array | of audio, video, networking, communications, and data capabilities. The | Tornado M10 Digital Media Center runs Linux 2.6.19, and targets phone and | IP network operators wishing to offer a wide range of services. | | [....] | | Yosifov predicts a bright future for Linux in the embedded device market. | "We believe Linux will be the major OS used in embedded system development | because of its small footprint, reliability, power, and available sof...

Vodaphone drops Linux netbooks
<quote> Vodafone has dismissed the preinstallation of Linux onto its netbooks, citing consumers' perception that netbooks are equivalent to laptops in their functionality. David Pollington, the operator's head of consumer and internet technical research, said on Wednesday that netbooks - which originally came with Linux rather than Windows as their operating systems - had originally been intended as always-on web-browsing devices, but users had misinterpreted their purpose. "Unfortunately, when the public got hold of these devices, they thought they were small PCs," Pollington told delegates at the Open Source In Mobile 09 conference in Amsterdam. "They took the Linux variant home and didn't understand why it couldnt connect to the printer, or why they couldn't watch internet video." "We had a very high return rate on Linux netbooks," he added. </quote> http://community.zdnet.co.uk/blog/0,1000000567,10013796o-2000331761b,00.htm Ezekiel wrote: > > <quote> > Vodafone has dismissed the preinstallation of Linux onto its netbooks, > citing consumers' perception that netbooks are equivalent to laptops in > their functionality. > > David Pollington, the operator's head of consumer and internet technical > research, said on Wednesday that netbooks - which originally came with > Linux rather than Windows as their operating systems - had originally been > intende...

G+ Linux "advocacy" must be very boring.
*All* members of the herd are rounded up in COLA yet again! ;-) -- Major Linux Problems on the Desktop or Why Linux is not (yet) Ready for the Desktop, 2013 edition http://bit.ly/gBOiz6 ...

Linux "Advocacy" at it's Finest !
This reads like it came right out of the COLA Linturd playbook! No wonder desktop Linux is ignored by most. Question: "Why does linux suck so much? cant do nothing in it virtual box is a joke, all the links to install windows shockwave player are dead ends. it is sad that all i want to do is play diner dash and i have to jump through hoops and still nothing works! i refuse to use windows because i have had a lot of problems in the past with it on my computer." Answers (summary): 1. because u dont know what ur doing. 2. If you want to play games, use Windows. 3. Because it has the power too. 4. May I start by pointing out that Linux is the kernel 5. Lol, its not linux, it's you. 6. Reading all the remarks here it looks like you're better off with a PS3 Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!! It seems you Linturds can manage to have one play book to operate out of but for some reason you need 500+ different and defective Linux distributions!!! So predictable! Linux "advocacy" = blaming everything but Linux for it's failures. -- flatfish+++ Please visit our hall of Linux idiots. http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/ Watching Linux Fail: http://limuxwatch.blogspot.com/ Linux's dismal desktop market share: http://royal.pingdom.com/2011/05/12/the-top-20-strongholds-for-desktop-linux/ Desktop Linux: The Dream Is Dead "By the time Microsoft released the Windows 7 beta in January 2009, Linux had clearly lost its chance at desktop glory.&quo...

7: "Most people know of Linux".... (p)Rick: "the overwhelming number of people don't know Linux exists"
Get with the herd, bozos. On Jun 1, 2:08=A0am, DFS <nospam@dfs_.com> wrote: > Get with the herd, bozos. Groupthink, aka herd mentality, as heard in the street. These Linux clowns are like a herd of cats though, they're all over the map--explains the 1%. RL On Mon, 31 May 2010 16:13:45 -0700 (PDT), RayLopez99 wrote: > On Jun 1, 2:08�am, DFS <nospam@dfs_.com> wrote: >> Get with the herd, bozos. > > Groupthink, aka herd mentality, as heard in the street. > > These Linux clowns are like a herd of cats though, they're all o...

Web resources about - 20 years of Linux Advocacy, who are those self anointed Linux "advocates"? - comp.os.linux.advocacy