Android on top - "Ninety-nine percent of fresh malware programs attack Android"

<quote>
As per findings of the Kaspersky Security Bulletin 2012, ninety-nine percent
of newly discovered mobile malicious programs target the Android platform

In 2012, Kaspersky Lab identified an average of 6300 new mobile malware
samples every month. Overall, in 2012, the number of known malicious samples
for Android increased more than eight times.
</quote>

http://tech2.in.com/news/general/ninetynine-percent-of-fresh-malware-programs-attack-android-report/749712

--
"I suggest (Linus) Torvalds cures whatever disease /he/ is suffering from,
before he loses what little is left of his credibility."

Homer - "Mr. Credibility" himself worried about the lack of credibility
Linus has left within the Linux community.
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/9dd4f899cbc29f3e?hl=en

0
zeke1302 (4199)

On Sun, 10 Feb 2013 09:45:19 -0500, Ezekiel wrote:

> <quote>
> As per findings of the Kaspersky Security Bulletin 2012, ninety-nine percent
> of newly discovered mobile malicious programs target the Android platform
>
> In 2012, Kaspersky Lab identified an average of 6300 new mobile malware
> samples every month. Overall, in 2012, the number of known malicious samples
> for Android increased more than eight times.
> </quote>
>
> http://tech2.in.com/news/general/ninetynine-percent-of-fresh-malware-programs-attack-android-report/749712

So much for the many eyes theory.

Like I have always said, when Linux becomes popular enough to make it
worth attacking, the attackers will come.

And brother, they are arriving by the bus load to exploit the Swiss
cheese operating system known as Android.

--
flatfish+++
PLEASE VISIT OUR HALL OF LINUX IDIOTS:

Malignant Malware Attacks Android OS
http://www.nugrahajawa.com/malignant-malware-attacks-android-os/ Recently discovered two more android malware that attacks users of Android-based phones. The first is a variant of Light DroidDream who previously had attacked no less than 120,000 mobile phone users Android platform. Alexandrovitch Kudiroyaravtsevgovoi wrote: > http://www.nugrahajawa.com/malignant-malware-attacks-android-os/ > Recently discovered two more android malware that attacks users of > Android-based phones. The first is a variant of Light DroidDream who > previously had attacked no less than 120,000 m...

Top 10 antivirus and anti-malware apps for Android (Android Authority)
<quote> Top 10 antivirus and anti-malware apps for Android September 16, 2013 Protection for Android devices has become a high priority over the last year or so. Malware and viruses are more rampant than ever and although being careful usually avoids the problem, sometimes people want more. A good antivirus or anti-malware app can not only bring peace of mind, but also protect your Android device from threats you may accidentally stumble upon. So in this list we'll show you the 10 best antivirus and anti-malware apps for Android. </quote> http://www.androidauthority.com/10-best-antivirus-apps-for-andro-269696/ You gotta protect the OS that the US Government calls a "malware magnet." -- "(Ezekiel) actually thought that "pagination" was just putting page numbers on documents" Another proven lie from the piece of shit liar turdv. Aug 26, 2013 <jjdn19tq3orocg2sjl5omovi3vp07723ig@4ax.com> On Tue, 17 Sep 2013 08:14:15 -0400, Ezekiel wrote: > <quote> > Top 10 antivirus and anti-malware apps for Android > September 16, 2013 > > Protection for Android devices has become a high priority over the last year > or so. Malware and viruses are more rampant than ever and although being > careful usually avoids the problem, sometimes people want more. A good > antivirus or anti-malware app can not only bring peace of mind, but also > protect you...

Android is not Linux; Android is insular.
http://arstechnica.com/open-source/reviews/2009/02/an-introduction-to-google-android-for-developers.ars > February 23, 2009 > Design philosophy > > Although Android is built on top of the Linux kernel, the platform has very little in common with the conventional desktop Linux stack. In fact, during a presentation at the Google IO conference, Google engineer Patrick Brady stated unambiguously that Android is not Linux. > Much of the Android userspace operates within the constraints of Dalvik, Google's own custom Java virtual machine. Dalvik uses its own bytecode format ca...

Surge of rooting malware on the Linux-based Android OS
"At least 21 applications were found to have malware that rooted Android devices without the user's consent, sent IMEI and IMSI numbers, product IDs, model, partner, language, country and user IDs. Most worrying of all was the ability for the rogue applications to download code and run it." http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/2030169/android-security-question-malware-surge Well that didn't take long... According to cola lusers, Android == Linux. Therefore Linux == insecure by design. DFS wrote: > "At least 21 applications were found...

[News] Survey of Free Software for Statistics; Top Android (Linux) Programs

G Data Security Labs has now recorded more than 666,666 malware programs for Linux Android
http://blog.gdatasoftware.com/blog/article/mobile-malware-the-barrier-of-the-beast-is-broken.html "The timing could not have been more appropriate: June 2013, the sixth month of the year 2013. In this sixth month, experts at G Data Security Labs have seen a landmark for evil surpassed - more than 666,666 unique mobile malware programs for the (Linux) Android platform have now been amassed in their database. And this number can be expected to continue increasing fast." Get Linux Android, the new malware magnet. Get Linux Android, when making a simple phonecall becomes a...

As Android gets popular, so does Android malware
http://www.cnn.com/2011/TECH/mobile/08/04/lookout.threat.report.gahran/ (CNN) -- As Android devices get more popular, they're becoming a more attractive target for cybercriminals. Consequently, if you use an Android smartphone you are now 2.5 times more likely to encounter malware (malicious software) than you were six months ago. On Fri, 5 Aug 2011 19:17:28 +0200, Alexandrovitch Kudiroyaravtsevgovoi wrote: > http://www.cnn.com/2011/TECH/mobile/08/04/lookout.threat.report.gahran/ > > (CNN) -- As Android devices get more popular, they're becoming a more > attractiv...

[NEWS] Game developers still not sold on Linux Android: Linux Android gaming stinks.
http://www.techhive.com/article/2032740/game-developers-still-not-sold-on-android.html "Even today, you'd be hard-pressed to find a game that's exclusive to the Linux-based platform, or a developer willing to profess an undying affection for Android. People might make Android games, but they don't seem like it." "Android gaming stinks Such overwhelming positivity for the Google Play Store is not universal, of course. Pocket Tactics editor Owen Faraday, who expounded on Android gaming for Wired sometime ago, called the marketplace "a desolate wasteland." -- Major Linux Problems on the Desktop or Why Linux is not (yet) Ready for the Desktop, 2013 edition http://bit.ly/gBOiz6 ...

Linux malware in the wild: Rooting Exploit for Linux Android Works Silently
http://blogs.mcafee.com/mcafee-labs/rooting-exploit-for-android "The malware binary is packaged with a legitimate application. In this case, the malicious exploit code comes with "Daily Beauties," which showcases pictures of celebrities that are updated periodically. Attackers use this repacking approach to hide their malware within genuine applications, which users will download and install." BWAHAHAHAHAHAAAAH, Linux Android the crappiest, malware infested OS strikes *AGAIN* -- Desktop Linux: The Dream Is Dead "By the time Microsoft released the Windows 7 bet...

Rash of Android malware tips up, some on Android Market
http://www.electronista.com/articles/11/07/11/android.hit.by.droiddream.zitmo.hipposms.malware/ Android hit by DroidDream, Zitmo, HippoSMS malware The attack was significant as it was likely to have been published by the same author that had been caught uploading malware earlier. Why Google hadn't taken action to prevent a resubmit isn't clear, though *Google* has historically had a *consciously loose app screening policy* to provide more *liberties* to developers. "Alexandrovitch Kudiroyaravtsevgovoi" <nospam.kudiroyaravtsevgovoi@nospammers.invalid> wrote in m...

WinPhone7 is the most stable smartphone OS. Android Linux is the least stable smartphone OS.
"Out of the six modern smartphone operating systems, Android is clearly the least stable of them all. I have seen numerous low memory issues, force close warnings, random resets, freezes on apps and connections, and more. With so many different manufacturers, different versions of the OS out and available, and thousands of apps that are clearly not built well enough to prevent issues Android is clearly in last in the stability department." http://www.zdnet.com/blog/cell-phones/microsofts-windows-phone-7-is-the-most-stable-mobile-phone-os/6456 Android Linux is bumbleware? Say it ain't so! On 02/02/2012 09:07 PM, DFS wrote: > "Out of the six modern smartphone operating systems, Android is > clearly the least stable of them all. I have seen numerous low > memory issues, force close warnings, random resets, freezes on apps > and connections, and more. With so many different manufacturers, > different versions of the OS out and available, and thousands of > apps that are clearly not built well enough to prevent issues Android > is clearly in last in the stability department." > > http://www.zdnet.com/blog/cell-phones/microsofts-windows-phone-7-is-the-most-stable-mobile-phone-os/6456 > > Android Linux is bumbleware? Say it ain't so! [quote] Fellow Microsoft MVP�s [...] and Matt Miller [/quote] http://www.coolsmartphone.com/2011/01/21/windows-phone-7-a-year-after-launch/ Yup, a really unbiased article (...

INSECURE by design. The holy-grail of all malware found for Android Swiss-Cheese malware OS
What a piece of shit OS. Android makes making a phone call dangerous. <giggle> <quote> Uncovering Android Master Key That Makes 99% of Devices Vulnerable Bluebox Labs - recently discovered a vulnerability in Android's security model that allows a hacker to modify APK code without breaking an application's cryptographic signature, to turn any legitimate application into a malicious Trojan, completely unnoticed by the app store, the phone, or the end user. The implications are huge! This vulnerability, around at least since the release of Android 1.6 (codename: "Donut" ), could affect any Android phone released in the last 4 years1 - or nearly 900 million devices Installation of a Trojan application from the device manufacturer can grant the application full access to Android system and all applications (and their data) currently installed. The application then not only has the ability to read arbitrary application data on the device (email, SMS messages, documents, etc.), retrieve all stored account & service passwords, it can essentially take over the normal functioning of the phone and control any function thereof (make arbitrary phone calls, send arbitrary SMS messages, turn on the camera, and record calls). Finally, and most unsettling, is the potential for a hacker to take advantage of the always-on, always-connected, and always-moving (therefore hard-to-detect) nature of these "zombie&q...

Linux Android the malware magnet
https://www.security.nl/image/5767 The amount of Linux Android malware has boomed over the past six months, bringing the number of copies this month discovered the limit of 1 million will pass. That leaves the German research AV-Test.org opposite Security.NL know. In December, there were 250,000 copies found, but the last half year passed the total number of 900,000 copies."This number will start July 1 million pass," said Andreas Marx of AV-Test. https://www.security.nl/artikel/46947/1/'Android-malware_passeert_1_miljoen_exemplaren_in_juli'.html Get Linux Android, the new malware magnet. Get Linux Android, when making a simple phonecall becomes a dangerous operation. Oh dear ;-( Where are Lusotec, Kohlkopf, "7", Creepy, Turdv, Bilk-tard, Gruff-tard a.s.o. to point out that this is not the case and that there is hardly any malware for Linux? -- Major Linux Problems on the Desktop or Why Linux is not (yet) Ready for the Desktop, 2013 edition http://bit.ly/gBOiz6 On 7/8/13 12:33 PM, in article krf42i$br0$1@news.albasani.net, "Cola Zealot" <Cola_Zealot@fuckoff.com> wrote: > https://www.security.nl/image/5767 > > The amount of Linux Android malware has boomed over the past six months, > bringing the number of copies this month discovered the limit of 1 million > will pass. That leaves the German research AV-Test.org opposite Security.NL > know. In December, there were ...

Android Linux is a Malware Magnet.
http://news.cnet.com/8301-1009_3-57328575-83/androids-a-malware-magnet-says-mcafee/ "The amount of malicious software hitting Android devices in the third quarter jumped almost 37 percent, boding that 2011 will be the busiest year ever for malware." http://blogs.cio.com/security/16631/androids-success-makes-it-malware-magnet "Google�s Android OS has become a malware magnet. Its dominance as a smartphone platform is turning it into a much bigger security risk compared to place Apple�s iPhone. Since July there has been a 472 percent increase in spyware and viruses targeting An...

[News] Tor Comes to Android, More Linux/Android Phones

Ferocious Android Malware Attacks
http://www.silverf0x.com/internet/ferocious-android-malware-attacks.htm The existence of many malware threats in the Android application is triggering the Google Android mobile phone users urged to apply strict criteria in approving the applications included in the Android Market. At least Google should learn from Apple in this regard. Evidenced by the selection system on Apple's application of strict, seldom or almost no malware that attacks the user's iPhone or iPad. ...

Android is Android on all phones?
I just bought my first smart phone. Maker is BLU. My question is: how does the operation of this phone by this manufacturer compare to the operation on say a Samsung or other maker? Do things change from Android version to version, radically? I have 4.4.2 if that makes a diff. I have the manual and all, it's not a question of how to operate it, even though I'm having a learning curve of using the phone features and getting calls when the phone is asleep/standby whatever it's called. Thanks. Per Big_Al: >I just bought my first smart phone. Maker is BLU. >...

Good News For Android ! Mono for Android Preview Program Announced!
It's nice to see Miguel de Icaza working on stuff for the Android. http://tirania.org/blog/ http://monodroid.net/ "Leroy Jefferson" <suitcase@fileds.com> schreef in bericht news:pmwjhzkmn00o.vwq0ebng3pjg$.dlg@40tude.net... > It's nice to see Miguel de Icaza working on stuff for the Android. > > http://tirania.org/blog/ > > http://monodroid.net/ Wonderfull news!! "MonoDroid is a development stack for using C# and core .NET APIs, to develop Android-based applications." Miguel de Icaza, unlike the retarded COLA loons posting...

[News] ARCHOS 7 Runs Linux/Android, More Android News

Malware apps spoof Android Market to infect Android phones
http://macdailynews.com/2011/06/21/malware-apps-spoof-android-market-to-infect-android-phones/ "Google has come under fire in recent months for letting a few dozen nasty apps into its Android market, bent on stealing data or siphoning money with paid texts," Andy Greenberg reports for Forbes. "But one new exploitative app doesn't need to be let in to Google's App store. It creates a fake Market of its own." On Wednesday 27 July 2011 20:30 Alexandrovitch Kudiroyaravtsevgovoi wrote: > http://macdailynews.com/2011/06/21/malware-apps-spoof-android-market-to- ...

8 Notorious Android Malware Attacks
http://www.informationweek.com/news/231300257 Nearly a third of of Android users will fall prey to malware this year. Here's a look at some of the worst Android malware attacks we've seen so far. ...

Android Linux OS being sold with netbooks
Android Linux OS being sold with netbooks ----------------------------------------- http://www.ebuyer.com/product/242282 I expect micoshaftees to do the monopoly anti-trust thing and contact Ebuyer and Acer to stop selling Linux and android and threaten to sue them. In EU that is not possible - under anti-trust agreements filed with EU commission, if they did that, the payola this time will be huge after the 600 million last time. Barnes and Noble could take note of this with their Nook and file anti-trust complaints in the EU over the lawsuits brought on by micoshaft against them. Google...

Two Ferocious Malware Attack Android
http://metaljoiningtech.com/two-ferocious-malware-attack-android.html Recently discovered two more malware that attacks users of Android-based phones. The first is a variant of Light DroidDream who previously had attacked no less than 120,000 mobile phone users with Android platform. The second was known by the name Zitmo. Zitmo's attack was reported to be more serious, this malware capable of stealing bank passwords and password to transact with the unwitting owner. At least 5000 Android phone already infected by this malware. ...

Google and Linux/Android Under Attack by Microsoft
http://techrights.org/?stories GOOGLE HAS been having a tough time in Land of the Fee, where lots of patent trolls love to charge a fee using software patents that had been blessed by the USPTO and often changed hands. Fortunately, not the whole world had yet been �infected� by the same sort of distorted patent law and judging by world economics, it is possible that the USPTO will adapt to the rest of the world, rather than it working the other way around (software patents dying internationally instead of going international). As we pointed out before, Microsoft is a major ...

Linux Android 99% of all the mobile malware
http://www.securelist.com/en/analysis/204792255/Kaspersky_Security_Bulletin_2012_The_overall_statistics_for_2012 Mobile malware The evolution of mobile malware in 2012 was a predominantly Linux Android-related affair, with malware writers largely concentrating their efforts on the little green robot. Our mobile malware predictions for 2012 concerning the creation of mobile botnets, targeted attacks using malicious mobile programs and mobile espionage were also pretty accurate. Malware for Linux Android The main thrust of malware writing activity in 2012 was focused on malic...

Web resources about - Android on top - "Ninety-nine percent of fresh malware programs attack Android" - comp.os.linux.advocacy